Sign in to follow this  
blacknite3d

Rappelling off of building?

Does anyone know of a way to make it possible to rappel off of buildings? I remember seeing it in ArmA 2 but I think it was an addon... However, there are scripts out there for ArmA 3 to rappel off of helos so I would imagine it would be possible if I could figure out how to do it.

That sounds like a good idea.... its probably possible with some edge detction script to find the edge of something and attach a rope there... see if someone who knows the rope commands (because I dont) can help you.

Now that there are sling load ropes (In dev branch at least) this maybe is more possible...

There are ropes already in the game, according to A3 Assets page and the use of the ropes in Zealot's Fastrope Script.

You could reference his script to see all the commands and such he used to get the rope, attach it, and then alter it all for an edge on a rooftop, but if I remember correctly it's just a simple create vehicle command, but I would double check that :p. And I wouldn't know the first place to start with edge detection.