Sign in to follow this  
ChuWie

Mute Players Voice Callouts only [SP(/MP)] - [Potential Mod request]

Hi,

I'm looking for a client side Mod (that could potentially used for MP as well at best) that disables just the players voice such as when I give my AI team mates any orders, but anything else should be untouched.

The muting part should be just limited only to my players voice.

Does anyone know if there is a Mod existing that realizes that?

I found some others such as MRB Voice Stop by Mr Burns, however unfortunately it mutes every radio chatter which is not what I want.

Application examples;

When using VAC, Articulate or GlovePIE to issue orders to Ai's it's not needed by the ingame-players voice to repeat the orders which has just been given by voice via mic. Unlike the AI, they should respond to orders so it's clear they have been issued correctly.

The chat should also not being altered by such Mod since it's needed for missions interaction. The Mod could also be handy for multiplayer missions such as BECTI or any other that includes AI interaction in the own team.

It's also important to hear enemy AI's callouts, hence these should be untouched.

Any ideas, hints or some such?

Cheers :)

Does anyone know if there is a Mod existing that realizes that?

I found some others such as MRB Voice Stop by Mr Burns, however unfortunately it mutes every radio chatter which is not what I want.

Have you tried VACommander?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153283-VACommander

Here's an old video demo

When using VAC, Articulate or GlovePIE to issue orders to Ai's it's not needed by the ingame-players voice to repeat the orders which has just been given by voice via mic.

True. When your in-game avatar does not repeat what you say thru the mic, it would in effect translate to faster command execution and faster response from the AIs. Check

from the video below

Hi asuseroako,

thanks for replying. I've come across some of your videos already, some nice stuff :)

Well the thing with VACommander commander is, and this is by no means meant disrespectful, it's not really a polished Mod.

For instance when I'm in silent mode the voice callouts will still happen, in normal/aware mode the callout for moving is still happening, and some more.

In many cases the player is still speaking, which the mod normally is created for to prevent this, but does it's job just to 50%, unfortunately :(

Yeah no probs and thanks.

I thought you haven't tried VACommander yet. I agree that VACommander needs some more polishing considering it was made in the early A3 Alpha days but its a good start. And I also do not mean disrespectful with those feedback. Unfortunately, I have no other addon to suggest anymore. Maybe you can PM the authors for request.

Strictly for personal use, look under the hood, learn how things work and see what you can come up with. :icon_idea:

Yee, I'll try to get in contact with the dev of VACommander. Maybe we end up being lucky and receive a nice update, that would be awesome :)

I already looked up "under the hood" but it's not my thing (yet) to understand and come up with something new. I don't have any experience in coding such as this.

I guess that would fall better under your territory considering your youtube presentations of what you are able to do ;)

Thanks again for taking time replying, I appreciate that.

Cheers