Sign in to follow this  
tmortensen

[MP] RHS ZEUS TVT 30v30 Chernarus

zoMm5xh.jpg

Two Zeus' battle head to head over a corridor of Chernarus. Allowing real time orders via a commander unit with access to Zeus, allowing for a unique experience every game both on the ground, and top down. Utilising RHS release for a RU vs US all out battle.

Running from the inspiration for my other Zeus game mode, I had previously developed a TvT mode only on Stratis, running from the inspiration of one of the BI original game modes. In essence using this as a template I will open this up to a full scale war in a corridor of battle in Chernarus, by foot, track, wheel, and air. Utilising RHS: Escalation conversion mod as a baseline standard of awesomeness.

Picture this: 1 Zeus on each team, playing a commander role, pitched head to head over a 20x5km corridor of battle, ground forces (players) have to take and hold areas in the area of operation to gain greater tickets and more resources for the Zeus' to use. Zeus' can also spawn AI units to defend towns (at specific costs) so real time players can move on to the next objective. And much much more - with calculated costs of course.

This will be a ticket based conquest like mode with sector control in several hotspots of the map. Players can't just run up the map and capture a town next to the enemy base of instance, they must progress in a line of presidency (i.e. to capture C&D you must have A&B, to capture AO you must have C&D) - this concentrating the battle in the specific areas of operation, influence on objectives is key to capturing.

I see a lot of what ifs in your project.

First you'll need the RHS Escalation mod, they still haven't release it ( and if they do soon, it's gonna be a test version with errors and so on ).

Besides the contest rules say:

Multiplayer Game Mode - Arma 3 multiplayer game mode (multiplayer mission). Only single instance (= 1 MP mission) of the game mode is allowed. The mission can use new addons (e.g. terrain, vehicles, weapons, scripts), but they must be submitted as part of the MP Game Mode.

You'll have to submit the addons ( in this case the whole pack of RHS and the Chernarus from whatever map pack you take it, BTW the two actual map packs that port Chernarus create issues with the Editor and A3 content ).

Which mean huge amount of data, that is specially sensitive if you have in mind that you'll have little time after the RHS Escalation mod is released and to fix all possible bugs and conflicts.

And to include them you'll also need their written permission:

By submitting Entry, each Participant:

represents and warrants, with respect to each entry submitted by him/her in this Contest, that the entry submitted is the result of his/her own independent creation and does not contain any third-party works of authorship that have been used or copied without authorization or permission of their respective authors; his/her participation in this Contest does not violate any applicable laws or regulations or any rights of third parties, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity.

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

In fact just for using the logos and images from BI and RHS you need their permission.

Also he cannot submit a mod as part of the mission if it is not his... right?

Meaning you must make your own mod to include it, I believe..

And I dont believe RHS would just let him pack their mod in with a mission so...

Wait why is he submitting to manw if the mod isnt out until manw is almost done or something...

Is he going to make the mission in 2 days or something?

Edited by MikeTim
l'spelling

Won't be using steam workshop to distribute, if its a submission method so be it I will leave my comp to upload.

Post MANW it will be client side mod with a server mission to join to. I am crediting who I am making it for, if this conflicts with their (not yet released) usage policies I will happily remove what is needed (if so the whole entry to MANW).

I will continue to create a game mode with the usage of the mod, as from my understanding it will be publicly released, so people can use it. If I need to put a fineprint of how I am not affiliated with RHS then so be it, because I am not, I am nothing to do with them and there is my disclaimer.

Additionally there are probably a large amount of submissions to MANW that are in such an Alpha state. From my understanding MANW is for people to enter their ideas to share to the ArmA community to help develop the game of ArmA, and posts on forums like this is to help spread the idea to generate further ideas, if people like it I will continue to produce it. If you don't turn around and enjoy whatever hole you seem to reside in :)

Also he cannot submit a mod as part of the mission if it is not his... right?

Meaning you must make your own mod to include it, I believe..

And I dont believe RHS would just let him pack their mod in with a mission so...

Wait why is he submitting to manw if the mod isnt out until manw is almost done or something...

Is he going to make the mission in 2 days or something?

Why would that rule be there then MikeTim? I am crediting the authors of said mod, and adding it to the submission as a third party product and crediting as the rules say. My framework is ready, I have to place units in editor, if its buggy, its buggy, but I am cool with that because I understand the time in which is takes for the developers at RHS to make something work. If it effects this entry so be it, it is still an idea of mine (and my communities) so I will continue unless otherwise some sort of legal pressure is put apon me, however I don't see that coming any time soon.

This is the only overhaul I think that is keeping me interested in ArmA, so go back to playing ArmaLife.

If you are to offer criticism please do in a constructive manner, if you don't like my idea please voice why.

Constructive rather than destructive.

Edited by tmortensen

I see a lot of what ifs in your project.

First you'll need the RHS Escalation mod, they still haven't release it ( and if they do soon, it's gonna be a test version with errors and so on ).

Besides the contest rules say:

You'll have to submit the addons ( in this case the whole pack of RHS and the Chernarus from whatever map pack you take it, BTW the two actual map packs that port Chernarus create issues with the Editor and A3 content ).

Which mean huge amount of data, that is specially sensitive if you have in mind that you'll have little time after the RHS Escalation mod is released and to fix all possible bugs and conflicts.

And to include them you'll also need their written permission:

---------- Post added at 00:01 ---------- Previous post was at 23:54 ----------

In fact just for using the logos and images from BI and RHS you need their permission.

If OP where using these images in a negative light i can see why there would be an issue.

But the fact remains it's a positive use of their logos and images on a website in which they are already featured, and as such i don't see any issues.

RHS:Escalation is a publicly released mod (or will be), we can see the time frame will be tight but Zeus missions are not hard to create and by what I see the framework of alpha stage is there he just needs to put the units down on map and be done with it. He has credited on the MANW thread RHS link both in description and third party content HYPERLINKS to their MANW page, thus diverting web traffic to their page too.

I see no issue with tmortensen attempting, in a strict time frame, mission to MANW using third party content in which is credited.

So what's the issue ?

Edited by Standin
Added a little extra spice.

If you are to offer criticism please do in a constructive manner, if you don't like my idea please voice why.

Constructive rather than destructive.

What? I'm pointing out certain aspects that are unclear with your entry, so you can check them. I even copied the rules. That's not destructive criticism, it's just the opposite.

I am crediting the authors of said mod, and adding it to the submission as a third party product and crediting as the rules say.

You are wrong, and I've already copied the part of the contest rules where they say clearly:

the entry submitted is the result of his/her own independent creation and does not contain any third-party works of authorship that have been used or copied without authorization or permission of their respective authors;

So it's not enough with crediting the authors of a third party content, you need their express and explicit authorization/permission.

his is the only overhaul I think that is keeping me interested in ArmA, so go back to playing ArmaLife.

I can't imagine why would you think that I play ArmaLife ( which I have never done ). Unless it was some kind of flame-baiting.

If OP where using these images in a negative light i can see why there would be an issue. But the fact remains it's a positive use of their logos and images on a website in which they are already featured, and as such i don't see any issues.

I'm pretty sure the Czech law determines that any profit activity using someone else logo and images require their authorization ( and a contest where the price is a huge sum of money for sure it's considered a profit activity ). It's also written in the contest rules I copied before.

Besides that the point is that if the entry use any third party addon ( like RHS or Chernarus ) it must be attached and submitted as part of the entry ( obviously with their authors explicit authorizations )

Basically what we are doing is telling him that he will need certain authorizations, so he can ask them.

Edited by MistyRonin

So all he needs to do is change his web page banner and ask RHS and Task Force Arrowhead Radio for them to say yeah that's cool you are using our mod in a constructive way and crediting that's fine.

I can see several entries with ArmA 3's logo that they probably don't have permission to do so.

So all he needs to do is change his web page banner and ask RHS and Task Force Arrowhead Radio for them to say yeah that's cool you are using our mod in a constructive way and crediting that's fine.

I can see several entries with ArmA 3's logo that they probably don't have permission to do so.

What he should do first, is to read and memorize the contest rules, if he has any question about them he should ask to BI people ( there is a forum dedicated to the contest, and Korneel who is one of BI PRs and a really nice pal would answer fast ).

But yeah, the main issue IMO would be that he must ask for permission to use third party work for his entry ( as it's said in the rules ). It's a specially sensitive subject in these forums, the unauthorized use of someones work ( specially in a contest ).

Edited by MistyRonin

So are you suggesting that any mission made for the Make ArmA not War if it uses any addons, even if you give full disclosure and credit you are not allowed to submit a MP gameplay type/Mission that uses mods and addons? If that is the case then there are not many good missons going to be made if they only use Vanilla ArmA3, which honestly was very disappointing to most fans of ArmA.

MistyRonin are you here for any reason other than to try and act like you know everything? It seems that the rules are not all that clear because mod teams allow mission makers to use their mod in missions...otherwise why make a mod?

On top of that, RHS knows about this, knows about the submission, and has shown support to me directly (Helping Tom, even though he is doing all the work). They know we are doing it, and gave us the thumbs up. So what is the problem?

I read the rules that you have posted to mean that Tom cannot use third party scripts and what not...he can only use what he has worked on. Since this is for a MP mission, he is 100% doing all the work for his MP Mission...the requirements of the RHS mod are not tied into his work...they are simply required addons you need in order to play the mission.

Or do all mission makers need permission from BI before making missions since they did not make the content that is being used insofar as addons?

So are you suggesting that any mission made for the Make ArmA not War if it uses any addons, even if you give full disclosure and credit you are not allowed to submit a MP gameplay type/Mission that uses mods and addons?

I don't suggest anything. The contest rules state what I have copied.

The rules are crystal clear.

For the MP entries, all addons, maps, and everything used must be submitted as part of the entry.

Multiplayer Game Mode - Arma 3 multiplayer game mode (multiplayer mission). Only single instance (= 1 MP mission) of the game mode is allowed. The mission can use new addons (e.g. terrain, vehicles, weapons, scripts), but they must be submitted as part of the MP Game Mode.

And all the third party stuff submitted must be authorized by its author ( including logos and trademarks ).

represents and warrants, with respect to each entry submitted by him/her in this Contest, that the entry submitted is the result of his/her own independent creation and does not contain any third-party works of authorship that have been used or copied without authorization or permission of their respective authors; his/her participation in this Contest does not violate any applicable laws or regulations or any rights of third parties, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity

That's what I commented him. If you don't like the rules complain to BI.

On top of that, RHS knows about this, knows about the submission, and has shown support to me directly (Helping Tom, even though he is doing all the work). They know we are doing it, and gave us the thumbs up. So what is the problem?

If RHS and the authors of the Chernarus port authorize it, there is no problem, I was just commenting him of the possible hassles of his project. Or you want him to have his entry rejected and have possible legal problems ( you know when there is money... ).

Edited by MistyRonin

I am in discussion with RHS at current, as to release times, and this mission in context of MANW.

I have A3MP permission.

I additionally have TFAR permission.

I am in discussion with RHS at current, as to release times, and this mission in context of MANW.

I have A3MP permission.

I additionally have TFAR permission.

Awesome news!

Live versions:

ZvZ TvT 25v25 Chernarus North to South as pictured

ZvZ TvT 25v25 Chernarus City Light Infantry CQB

144.76.28.77:2346 Game Server

Mod requirements:

@CBA

@rhs_afrf3

@rhs_usf3

@task_force_radio

Baseline standard

Additionals @ www.soclan.co.uk Repo link on from page for PWS collection.