Sign in to follow this  
TrueCruel

13€ DLC, hefty price for 2 choppers

There are addons (single planes!) sold for FSX which cost about 60-70€. There are Spaceships sold for Space Citizien, wich cost a few hundred dollars, crowdfunding only. So i think we're quite fine with "13€ for two choppers*", regarding the fact that these choppers come with slingloading capability, that there is FFV and so on in the same DLC. Just because other people get it for free, doesn't mean it's not in the DLC.

Also, i think it's quite clever from BI to follow their DLC policy. Because DLC buyers feel a little bit better than others, without it beeing too unfair. Think massive gamemodes: "Heh, i'm one of the few who actually can fly this beast of a chopper".

Also, remember we do not only get 2 Choppers, but also, we get these in different variants. Sure, the Future-Chinook-Thingy isn't too special, it has a armed version and a cargo version with identical crewspace, but the skycrane looks promising with actual different modules attached underneath.

I bought the bundle, and i'm happy with the decision. I'm always the Pilot when we play, anyways, and my friends are happy they can probably fly with me without havin to buy it, so they are happy aswell.

*= That is, if these two helicopters are great quality. Which i hope so, from seeing the interiour screenshots. They seem to have RTT-Monitors, good instruments, HD cockpits etc. If that's the case, i'm content.

Dear BI, would you be a dear and please pre-release us a few new screenshots to drool all over? Thank you kindly.

As for the the price, I personally see it as an investment made by some, for many others.. That said, 'nuff said.

I would buy any mission pack DLC, if there would be any. Also they wouldn't have any influence on "splitting the community" or w/e. People can have and play them, or they don't. It's simple and I would get more singleplayer content.

Boy this sure is relevant.

as relevant as your previous comment on the price matter.

How would you know that? If no one ever says anything about the prices why would they ever even think of changing them?

The comment was related to the smoking habbit vs the DLC in terms of long term effects.

So you know nothing about me yet seem fully convenient that i have zero knowledge on how long it would take. Good one.

Do you?

Judging by your comments, i know more than i'd like to about you.

Well aware of that. But again, so the ones paying are actually barely getting anything while those that don't still get to reap most of the benefit? what?

Yes, so? I find it pretty smart way to deal with the DLC. If you have the money and are willing to spend, just go ahead. You don't, well, you'll simply not going to be able to use the pilot seat without a move in command (which is still available for everyone btw)

Actually i have more options. I can also choose to voice my opinion and disapproval of the pricing in the hope they take notice and maybe reconsider it next time. And at what point exactly did i say anything about wanting them to change the current price? Not fucking...wait for it....wait some more....EVER!

yes, you can voice whatever you please, including your opinion. But it is simply not gonna change a pretty good DLC system (one that i'd say it is miles better than A2's)

We didn't know anything about the Helicopter DLC when they announced it and offered it either. Look how that turned out.

It turned out pretty good. So wait, just because you consider it turned out bad, you're simply gonna speculate about the next one, without any sort of background? Oh, great logic there sport

Why do i care? because i'm also a potential consumer, that's why. No way am i going to be subjected to price gouging just because some of you seem fine with flailing around money. I never said anything about your financial position nor do i give a shit about it, and mine isn't bad at all either. But that doesn't mean that i can't tell when whats being asked for for the amount i'm getting seems off. And i have no issues voicing that and you can bet that i will.

This is how economy goes around: offer and demand. If it would be only me agreeing to pay 13Eus / DLC, Bi would simply stop making those. Yes, you are being asked for more than you are willing to pay. So? Just don't

But that is like going to the store, being offered a tomato for 1Eu each, and you starting an argument with the seller/producer about why it costs so much and that it should be sold cheaper, while everyone behind you waiting in line for you to finish with the useless bitching and move on and get tomatos from someplace else, in order to get their own share of 1EU/pop tomatos.

I am not sure how many will simply choose to skip this DLC and if BI will be affected or not, but unless you and everyone here that is displeased is simply gonna vote with their wallet, nothing will change.

You sure seem to get worked up over something you apparently care so little about. "but other people are bitching" well why the fuck do you care? if you're happy with the price then pay it. Some don't and we're showing it, if a miracle happens and it somehow does influence them a bit then you'll only benefit from it.

No, that is simply how internet works: i am really not worked up, it just seems that way to you.

This is the single point where you are right though: i really don't give a fuck either way. As i have previously said, i already paid for all the DLCs when i got the supporter edition of the game.

But this is simply how i am: when i see flawed logic (this being the case), i get all altruistic and try to put some sense in the poor sod that went rambling off the tracks..

It turned out pretty good. So wait, just because you consider it turned out bad, you're simply gonna speculate about the next one, without any sort of background? Oh, great logic there sport

It turned good because you like it. Fair logic...

On the other hand, less money from me to Bis: this is a fact. Not an opinion.

This is how economy goes around: offer and demand. If it would be only me agreeing to pay 13Eus / DLC, Bi would simply stop making those. Yes, you are being asked for more than you are willing to pay. So? Just don't

But that is like going to the store, being offered a tomato for 1Eu each, and you starting an argument with the seller/producer about why it costs so much and that it should be sold cheaper, while everyone behind you waiting in line for you to finish with the useless bitching and move on and get tomatos from someplace else, in order to get their own share of 1EU/pop tomatos.

I am not sure how many will simply choose to skip this DLC and if BI will be affected or not, but unless you and everyone here that is displeased is simply gonna vote with their wallet, nothing will change.

Yes: domand and offer that's how the economy works.

And In fact, it worked so well 'till now that any time i "open" the Arma3 Addon" page on Bis forum I always see the same add-on list (never happened in Arma2 and I don't dare to mention Opf).

And this means that less people are involved in the process of creating add on bringing me to assume that less people (compared to arma2) have purchased the game (or the same peopole are loosing interest in Arma).

And I don't think this it's due to the imminent competition.

In any case, your example don't proof anything: on this forum I talk directly to a dev about what I think of it's own product.

If he chosse to skip my opinion no problem: it so simple, I will not support anymore Bis which will continue it's own politcs.

Who care after all? I've tried to get a better product and I have failed (It's a game after all: I'll skip over...)

But what happen if Bis decide to listen my opinion and reconsider it's own politics?

Also: who in the world are you to say to me what Bis will do or not will do about my opinion?

In short: accept a different point of view and avoid to say "it's just like this: if you don't like don't bother and be quiet".

p.s. (and off topic) If I may a suggestion: Stop smoking. Your brain and your body will thank you in a thousand way you can't even imagine.

pps good luck for the competition...

Edited by Eymerich
spelling

It turned good because you like it. Fair logic...

On the other hand, less money from me to Bis: this is a fact. Not an opinion.

fair enough. It turned out somehow, i'll keep it neutral. There is still no point to speculate in the dark just because ones opinion.

And In fact, it worked so well 'till now that any time i "open" the Arma3 Addon" page on Bis forum I always see the same add-on list (never happened in Arma2 and I don't dare to mention Opf).

And this means that less people are involved in the process of creating add on bringing me to assume that less people (compared to arma2) have purchased the game (or the same peopole are loosing interest in Arma).

And I don't think this it's due to the imminent competition.

It has nothing to do with sales if you ask me (irc A3 sales are actually going pretty good). It also (i agree) has nothing to do with MANW. The main and real reason is the fact that is more and more complicated to create content, and the skills required are high and higher, making it harder for new people to fill the shoes left by people with experience that left the modding community.

It also is related to the fact that BI hasn't solved the auto-synking between user and server (although i for one was expecting this to happen with Arma3), making part of addons really useless in a MP environment since most servers are running vanilla.

It is also related to the fact that A3 has higher hardware requirements

It is also related to the fact that A3 has NO real-life content (in fact this should be an incentive for a lot of mod-makers).

In any case, your example don't proof anything: on this forum I talk directly to a dev about what I think of it's own product.

If he chosse to skip my opinion no problem: it so simple, I will not support anymore Bis which will continue it's own politcs.

Who care after all? I've tried to get a better product and I have failed (It's a game after all: I'll skip over...)

But what happen if Bis decide to listen my opinion and reconsider it's own politics?

I am not commenting on the fact that everyone is allowed and in fact encouraged to state his/her opinion. There is though a difference between stating something, and endlessly bitching about it.

More on the subject, and options here:

1. The price per DLC is 13Eus.

2. The bundle is 20 Eus (so 3 DLCs worth 1.5+13+13 = 27.5Eus)

3. Everyone can use the content and features in such DLC (even for pilot slots with a bit of scripting, or with a very simple addon - Burns already did it for Karts)

Also: who in the world are you to say to me what Bis will do or not will do about my opinion?

hmmm. well, if you really think about it, why should they? Have you completed their DLC survey? Have you written how much such DLC should cost and why, instead of the average posts here that either bitch about it costing too much, or not having enough content (no matter of the price)? Just have a read through this thread (yeah i know most of it is circular and not going too far in terms of opinion)

In short: accept a different point of view and avoid to say "it's just like this: if you don't like don't bother and be quiet".

I never said "be quiet". I said make some sense when you post, and stop the useless bitching.

p.s. (and off topic) If I may a suggestion: Stop smoking. Your brain and your body will thank you in a thousand way you can't even imagine.

My brain has nothing to do with it. Ohh, don't bother

also firing from vehicles will destroy the game. nobody ever requested this feature. qq more.

I can't really tell if you're serious or not, but that's sooooo far from the truth LOL.

I haven't purchased any 'DLC' for ArmA3... for different reasons, and I honestly don't plan on it. I still go to coop nights with a group I play with and enjoy the game without having to pay for... Go-Karts, Helicopters, and some... Marksman pack? I do find this one a little bit ridiculous.. however the new content (being the OPFOR chopper, whatever it's supposed to be..) is good to see as something new.

The philosophy of the "DLC" or any other addon that envolves payment will only seperate the community apart!!

Instead BIS should concentrate FIXing what should be fixed!

The philosophy of the "DLC" or any other addon that envolves payment will only seperate the community apart!!

Instead BIS should concentrate FIXing what should be fixed!

Disagree. Especially with their New DLC model. Plus, BI a.s. is concentrating on what needs to be fixed as well. Please reference this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184522-Arma-3-%E2%80%93-A-look-inside-the-feedback-tracker . Their new DLC model insures that there will not be a mission built on the vanilla game that you cannot play. The only thing you won't be able to do, is fly the new choppers. You can ride in them, shoot from them, watch them sling-load, use sling-load on the older choppers, etc. It won't split the community because there's nothing that you won't already have.

Also, here's some good news:

Added: CH-67 Huron

Added: Huron black variant

Added: Huron cargo container

Added: Huron medical container

Added: Huron repair container

Added: Huron fuel container

Added: Huron ammo container

Added: Mi-290 Taru

Added: Taru black variants (not accessible without scripting)

Added: Taru with transport pod

Added: Taru with special-purpose bench pod

Added: Taru with medical pod

Added: Taru with cargo pod

Added: Taru with repair pod

Added: Taru with fuel pod

Added: Taru with ammo pod

Added: M-900

Added: P-30 Orca black / white weapon variant

Added: Flexible tank (2 items)

Added: Cargo net with crates (5 items)

Added: Smaller containers (12 items)

Added: Portable helipad lights (5 items)

Added: Helicopter big cover bag

Added: Water and fuel bladder (4 items)

Added: Secondary containment (4 items)

Added: Wheel pull device (2 items)

Added: Discharge stick

Added: Rigging rope

Added: Intake plug (5 items)

Added: Pitot cover

Added: Pressure washer

Added: Wheeled scaffolding

Added: Wheeled tool kart

Added: Portable engine crane

Added: Diesel Ground Power Unit

Added: Jet Engine Air Start Unit

Added: Water pump

Added: Wheel chocks

Added: Windsock

Added: Landing platform

Added: Welding cart

Added: Welding tank

Added: Gas tank (3 items)

Added: Wheelie Bin

Added: Aircon (‘Outside part’)

Added: Transport boxes (6 items)

Added: Pallet trolley

Added: Office table (2 items)

Added: Office chair

Added: Office cabinet

Added: Rattan table and chair (2 items)

Added: Refrigerator

Added: Tableware (9 items)

Added: Microwave

Added: Workbench

Added: Flat-screen TV

Added: Camera

Added: Desktop PC (4 items)

Added: PC printer

Added: Projector

Added: Portable speaker(s)

Added: Game console (4 items)

Added: HDMI cable

Added: Tablet

Added: Sport balls (5 items)

Added: Baseball mitt[/Quote]

This is all the paid content for the DLC. The M-900 is a civilian variant (WITH DOORS YAY!) of the xh-9 family, and we get a new variant for the orca (it is armed). Then you also get a lot of sandbox content (which I particulary enjoy...because I've spend hours putting racks in shops with zeus and mcc before...). Then we also have the missions and showcases which haven't been released on dev-branch. So that is what you're paying for.

So after reading this now I am more confused. ha. Can somebody clear this up? If I do not purchase the DLC what do i get? Sling load? Shooting from choppers? New Flight Model? Choppers? Ability to put choppers in editor?

So after reading this now I am more confused. ha. Can somebody clear this up? If I do not purchase the DLC what do i get? Sling load? Shooting from choppers? New Flight Model? Choppers? Ability to put choppers in editor?

You get everything. You can ride in the back of those DLC choppers without problems but there are restrictions to get in pilot, co-pilot and gunner seats. There are ways to get inside those choppers so you can fly them but then you get some DLC overlay. So paying the DLC let's you to get in the pilot, co-pilot and gunner seats.

Buying the DLC supports those additional features like the RotorLib simulation, sling load and firing from vehicles.

So paying the DLC let's you to get in the pilot, co-pilot and gunner seats.
Without the DLC overlay or said workarounds, but yes. I will also point out that, as Gekon said in announcing results for the DLC survey, the "pilot with DLC is KIA while airborne, passengers without DLC cannot jump in to take over, helo will go down" scenario is considered moot by BI since "you can only switch seats from cargo to a pilot or copilot position when not flying, ownership of the DLC does not play a role in this."

Apparently four out of five new scenarios are also part of the paid DLC.

Apparently four out of five new scenarios are also part of the paid DLC.

Yeah forgot the scenarios but I didn't even know how many there will be.

I've been wondering if the new MP game mode is focused on the new DLC content so you can play in them without owning the DLC but some pilots need to have the DLC that the scenario is even playable.

Disagree. Especially with their New DLC model. Plus, BI a.s. is concentrating on what needs to be fixed as well. Please reference this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184522-Arma-3-%E2%80%93-A-look-inside-the-feedback-tracker . Their new DLC model insures that there will not be a mission built on the vanilla game that you cannot play. The only thing you won't be able to do, is fly the new choppers. You can ride in them, shoot from them, watch them sling-load, use sling-load on the older choppers, etc. It won't split the community because there's nothing that you won't already have.

Also, here's some good news:

This is all the paid content for the DLC. The M-900 is a civilian variant (WITH DOORS YAY!) of the xh-9 family, and we get a new variant for the orca (it is armed). Then you also get a lot of sandbox content (which I particulary enjoy...because I've spend hours putting racks in shops with zeus and mcc before...). Then we also have the missions and showcases which haven't been released on dev-branch. So that is what you're paying for.

Hooray, basball mitts. :p

Either way, most of that list can't be objectively considered included in the price (aka paid content), since it's all available for everyone without restrictions, paid or not and that's a good thing.

But if you want to objectively judge what the 13€ gets you, you will compare the actual differences between experience of the the owners and non owners of said product when it's out.

You get everything. You can ride in the back of those DLC choppers without problems but there are restrictions to get in pilot, co-pilot and gunner seats.

In fact you get spammed with the "PURCHASE DLC" pop up if you're just sitting in the back of these choppers and don't own the DLC.

On top of that there's a retextured MH-9 without benches for civilians, called M900, which is also blocked for non DLC owners.

Odd design decision.

Edited by Grumpy Old Man

Hooray, basball mitts. :p

Either way, most of that list can't be objectively considered included in the price (aka paid content), since it's all available for everyone without restrictions, paid or not and that's a good thing.

But if you want to objectively judge what the 13€ gets you, you will compare the actual differences between experience of the the owners and non owners of said product when it's out.

Partially this is true. However, you will not be able to place down the new objects (with the exception of the helo's) without scripting unless you buy the dlc.

Interesting, so this is a situation where "additional mission-maker resources" is behind the paywall?

Interesting, so this is a situation where "additional mission-maker resources" is behind the paywall?

Read first, ask questions while reading :icon_twisted:

Long story short, mission maker is able to put every asset into his mission without any need to pay for any DLC.

In fact you get spammed with the "PURCHASE DLC" pop up if you're just sitting in the back of these choppers and don't own the DLC.

On top of that there's a retextured MH-9 without benches for civilians, called M900, which is also blocked for non DLC owners.

Odd design decision.

The DLC popup only appears when you highlight a restricted action in the menu. I wouldn't call that "spamming".

And the M900 will be free. It's blocked by accident.

Partially this is true. However, you will not be able to place down the new objects (with the exception of the helo's) without scripting unless you buy the dlc.

It's not partially true, it's very much true. The current state of the dev branch is identical to the way non-paying players will be treated (minus the known issues with the MD-900 and the retextured Orca).

The only limitations are on, as Pettka's link will explain, the content that you're either actively using with your unit or it's a mission/scenario/etc.

Right. So Bohemia releases great new features for free and decides to charge for some content, and you guys complain about the price being too high. I guess you'd prefer if those features were paid as well? Oh no, of course not, you'd complain about that as well.

If you don't want to buy it, don't fucking buy it. I personally have paid 25€ for A3 and spent well over 3000 hours playing Arma 3 and creating stuff for it. I think it's more than fair if I give something back.

Right. So Bohemia releases great new features for free and decides to charge for some content, and you guys complain about the price being too high. I guess you'd prefer if those features were paid as well? Oh no, of course not, you'd complain about that as well.

If you don't want to buy it, don't fucking buy it. I personally have paid 25€ for A3 and spent well over 3000 hours playing Arma 3 and creating stuff for it. I think it's more than fair if I give something back.

Holy shit, some logic in this thread!.

Holy shit, some logic in this thread!.

Yeah, the logic of casting everyone in the thread who suggested that the price might be slightly unreasobable as selfish bitching unappreciative cheapskates.

Very well done, we shouldn't even talk about this anymore as it's been addressed so ... masterfully. :icon_rolleyes: