Sign in to follow this  
TrueCruel

13€ DLC, hefty price for 2 choppers

So the Dlc isn't worth the cost of a Chinese takeaway for some people. When you purchase the dlc it IS to support Bis. Even if they are not a charity, they are the only company in the world who gives the player such an open world to sim in, so whether it makes them rich or poor I don't care as long as they continue outputting more material.

Yeah, I can't understand why so many of them can't wrap their heads around this concept. The Arma series is not your average AAA shooter; unlike colossal, pump-out-a-sequel-every-year corporations, BI is the kind of company you support, not just by buying the game, but by being a loyal customer throughout the series.

Just order one less dish next time you go out to eat, it's that fucking simple. I can't believe people bitching about 13 fucking euros has turned into a 200-post thread.

Eh food gives me life, DLC gives me 2 useless overpriced choppers. Semantics 0 - Logic 1.

You want something to "donate" to? Go find a good charity to donate to instead of a for profit company. I actually kind of find it appalling and annoying that people try to liken buying DLC to donating money, especially when they're most likely the type of person who would bitch if asked to donate to a worthy cause.

Also I can't really believe how grossly negligent people are with money because they "Gots to have it!!!!" and how they expect others to feel the same way >.>

Edited by Windies

not just two choppers, but also sling loading and firing from vehicles and AFM, but those are shared with those who buy food instead.

in the price you support those who use the features free, i see it as paying for the whole and sharing its features, those things also cost money but you get your chinese dinner instead.

and as for donating, it depends, from that donation they can hire maybe a modder from the forums here or there and get him a payed job which supports modding and gaming if that is not a worthy cause ? then what is ? the red cross ? or the next TAX which goes to the next REAL WAR ?

you don't have to buy, but the thing is, when you just see the yet unreleased choppers and think that is your money, please not forget there is more that comes with the DLC and no one forces you to buy if you think it is too expensive.

+1

BIS should stop this communistic give shit away for free bullshit. If you don't pay you don't play. *Read in the voice of Patton*

Then the whiners can sit and mope in this thread, while the rest of us have fun sling loading ammo crates and shooting from vehicles.

+1

Agreed, there is more than two choppers in development, what an insult to Bis. Some people would argue over anything. Just imagine if there was no more Arma, then what would we do? Go back to 20 year old rainbow six rogue spear?:yay:

i really don't understand how this shit went all the way to 21 pages, when things are so simple:

No one is forcing this upon you. If you don't like the price, can't afford the price, you are too cheap to buy it or simply you don't agree with the "concept" , just don't make a purchase.

+1

Agreed, there is more than two choppers in development, what an insult to Bis. Some people would argue over anything. Just imagine if there was no more Arma, then what would we do? Go back to 20 year old rainbow six rogue spear?:yay:

Agreed: Just imagine if Arma was expensive like Vbs...

really don't understand how this shit went all the way to 21 pages, when things are so simple:

No one is forcing this upon you. If you don't like the price, can't afford the price, you are too cheap to buy it or simply you don't agree with the "concept" , just don't make a purchase.

The thruth doesn't belong to you neither to me: we are just sharing opinions here.

I'm not paying for anything else if they wont finish and correct ragdoll, physX, bullet damage etc etc. Essentially they have already lost me as a customer for dlc's and arma 4, the only way they can win me back is if they show some commitment by fixing/finishing the areas of the game that have needed the work desperately since the first days of the alpha.

Right on brudda.

He's right to be fair the ballistics is shocking the very core of the game is broken. Althou the VBS CARGO module is nice I think you should fix the way body armor and ballistics work first.

I will buy to support sling loading, TKOH Flight model and Firing from vehicle.

This exactly. How many helicopter models is a bit few (would have enjoyed seeing the tkoh content and its hind add-on in this dlc) but it's the work on the engine that is why I pay for it. Even though all can enjoy those features for free. The advanced flight model rocks but isn't easy. Sitting from vehicles is sweet as well.

Edited by twisted

The thruth doesn't belong to you neither to me: we are just sharing opinions here.

Nope, you are sharing your opinion, i am stating facts:

1. no one is forcing upon you

2. you only have 2 options either way: buy it or skip it. No one else but you (and BI) really cares what you choose to do.

i really don't understand how this shit went all the way to 21 pages, when things are so simple:

Well yeah!

But the whole reason for a thread like this is to add to our ignore list. Some people are just looters... "gimmie gimmie" types.

What i don't understand is how people can just blindly throw away their money and completely refuse to see how bad the value for what you're actually paying is. Yes it's your money an you can do whatever you want with it and sure trying to get as much for the whole community to not split them up is good. But to fail to see how the price they're asking for what they're giving is completely whack is just baffling.

"Don't like it don't buy it!"

Right, that's really gonna help and it's so easy to say you could apply it anywhere. That doesn't suddenly mean that i'm wrong and you're right.

When they release the marksman DLC and the only thing that actually exclusive are the optics you'll be saying the same thing right? of course you will.

"$10-16 just to use 2 optics? sure why not"

Edited by Chompster

Bohemia releases the dlc for free at a low resolution with full utility then people complain about the low resolution textures and how they'd rather not have them at all..

So they release the dlc at its full peak but you can only drive/operate it if you have the dlc, look but don't touch...people complain..

BI release features outside of the DLC to improve the overall game and people say that said features in the DLC are already in the game so you aren't getting your monies worth...

Maybe they should cut out the middle man and toss the idea of caring about splitting the community and just make it so that if you don't buy the DLC you don't even get to see the helicopter, then you'll be getting your money's worth and the people that payed for it will not feel cheated because they get a whole new set and those that didn't, get squat in return, is that better?

That's exactly what they should do, but every ~2 years with a proper worthwhile major expansion, and not every several months with a tiny DLC. When the changes are major and the content is very significant and game-changing, and the frequency in which it happens is extremely low - It's much more acceptable to split the community.

Edited by galzohar

What i don't understand is how people can just blindly throw away their money and completely refuse to see how bad the value for what you're actually paying is. Yes it's your money an you can do whatever you want with it and sure trying to get as much for the whole community to not split them up is good. But to fail to see how the price they're asking for what they're giving is completely whack is just baffling.

Right, that's really gonna help and it's so easy to say you could apply it anywhere. That doesn't suddenly mean that i'm wrong and you're right.

When they release the marksman DLC and the only thing that actually exclusive are the optics you'll be saying the same thing right? of course you will.

Because:

1. It's their money and they can do whatever they want with it, presumably with a high enough level of awareness.

2. Individuals measure value differently based on many factors. To fully understand why someone finds $X a reasonable price for item Y (either in general or within a certain time frame/environment), you would have to be a direct extension of that person.

As for the Marksman DLC, we have 0 information on it, so using it to enforce a point of view is not healthy.

Are you the one making money instead of me?

I spend about the same on cancer_in_a_pack (smokes) / day. Are you gonna lecture me for that as well? Is it your lungs or what?

This DLC surely doesn't have any long term effects.

I have already said 2 things:

1. That although i would most likely buy it (if i'd have to), i feel that content should be a bit more. that more would be 1 per side = 3 instead of 2

2. Unlike you, i know the amount of time it take making a chopper for any game engine out there

3. This is also suppose to cover part of the features that are released for free for everyone

4. I already bought every DLC for the series by paying ~80Eu on pre-order (prior alpha) blindly. Yes, i like BI more than other companies out there. Judge me some more

That being said, i am still right, and simply stating a fact: you have one single fucking option: that is to buy or not to buy (see what i did here?)

No matter of many times you'll (figuratively speaking) roll on the floor in rage, is not gonna change anything WHAT...wait for it...SO...wait some more....EVER!

1. you know just as much as i do about the next DLC: absolutely nothing

2. it is a lot less time consuming to create a scope or rifle than a chopper

3. You still don't support me financially, so why the fuck would you care?

Guys Bohemia Interactive going to do annything .... Bohemia are so lazy to do great work this game have so many copy past of arma II The 3 fraction have the same boat same arty tank same canon vehicule ...And the chopper and Plane have interior of Arma II ... You can see many texture look so ugly because Bohemia are so lazy to refind the texture ... This game have 60% of copy past and Bohemia don't give a fuck because it just want money money money .... That the new logic of Compagnie Gaming .... Arma II have 100x more content at the release of Arma III ... I don't know what wrong whit you Bohemia but you lost my confience about you're game .... Same for the Chopper DLC .. you release 2 chopper that take you 8 mouth in 8 mouth you can create 3 new transport for all fraction and 3 attack chopper But no you just so lazy you juste take a coffe and whatch tv ....

Guys Bohemia Interactive going to do annything .... Bohemia are so lazy to do great work this game have so many copy past of arma II The 3 fraction have the same boat same arty tank same canon vehicule ...And the chopper and Plane have interior of Arma II ... You can see many texture look so ugly because Bohemia are so lazy to refind the texture ... This game have 60% of copy past and Bohemia don't give a fuck because it just want money money money .... That the new logic of Compagnie Gaming .... Arma II have 100x more content at the release of Arma III ... I don't know what wrong whit you Bohemia but you lost my confience about you're game .... Same for the Chopper DLC .. you release 2 chopper that take you 8 mouth in 8 mouth you can create 3 new transport for all fraction and 3 attack chopper But no you just so lazy you juste take a coffe and whatch tv ....

In my endless wisdom, I'll reply to this post and hope it's not a troll baiting me. Yeah, I'm sure you've hit the nail on the head with that post. Bohemia's literally worse than EA and Activision combined at this rate.

Are people still this upset over the lack of Arma 1/2/OA content that they're pulling the greed card?

In my eyes, it's a good price for a bundle of things. Yes they mentioned It would only be two helicopters, a handful of scenarios, and sandbox content. But really, the flight model is great ounce you grasp it's challenges. It brings a unique twist to gameplay, and it was difficult to implement, so the money also goes to the features. And than there is the Sandbox content, and I'm posative they have some interesting plans for those. The sandbox content is bound to bring some great new twist to multiplayer game modes, and even the BIS helicopter game mode if I'm not mistaken, try made one. Last but not least, support. Ounce you pay for this, your paying for support. That means any updates thy they make to the Helicopter DLC, including future new helicopters, maybe, advances in flight models, and features, it's all worth it. So, in turn, the Helicopters DLC, is like combining Take On Helictopters to Arma 3 with more or roughly the same amount of content (minus the South East Asia/Chicago maps) that Take On had, which could inspire a whole new game, in a game. Give it time, there will probably be more awesome helicopters for Civilians and for other factions, because everyone needs Logistics. That is all.

Cough, wait... M-900. Ok, that is all.

Are you the one making money instead of me?

I spend about the same on cancer_in_a_pack (smokes) / day. Are you gonna lecture me for that as well? Is it your lungs or what?

Boy this sure is relevant.
This DLC surely doesn't have any long term effects.
How would you know that? If no one ever says anything about the prices why would they ever even think of changing them?
2. Unlike you, i know the amount of time it take making a chopper for any game engine out there
So you know nothing about me yet seem fully convenient that i have zero knowledge on how long it would take. Good one.
3. This is also suppose to cover part of the features that are released for free for everyone
Well aware of that. But again, so the ones paying are actually barely getting anything while those that don't still get to reap most of the benefit? what?
That being said, i am still right, and simply stating a fact: you have one single fucking option: that is to buy or not to buy (see what i did here?)

No matter of many times you'll (figuratively speaking) roll on the floor in rage, is not gonna change anything WHAT...wait for it...SO...wait some more....EVER!

Actually i have more options. I can also choose to voice my opinion and disapproval of the pricing in the hope they take notice and maybe reconsider it next time. And at what point exactly did i say anything about wanting them to change the current price? Not fucking...wait for it....wait some more....EVER!
1. you know just as much as i do about the next DLC: absolutely nothing

2. it is a lot less time consuming to create a scope or rifle than a chopper

3. You still don't support me financially, so why the fuck would you care?

We didn't know anything about the Helicopter DLC when they announced it and offered it either. Look how that turned out.

Why do i care? because i'm also a potential consumer, that's why. No way am i going to be subjected to price gouging just because some of you seem fine with flailing around money. I never said anything about your financial position nor do i give a shit about it, and mine isn't bad at all either. But that doesn't mean that i can't tell when whats being asked for for the amount i'm getting seems off. And i have no issues voicing that and you can bet that i will.

You sure seem to get worked up over something you apparently care so little about. "but other people are bitching" well why the fuck do you care? if you're happy with the price then pay it. Some don't and we're showing it, if a miracle happens and it somehow does influence them a bit then you'll only benefit from it.

Edited by Chompster

While I don't feel like $15 is a great price for 2 choppers, editor assets, and a few missions, that's not what I feel like I'm paying for. I'm also paying so that other people can use the AFM, Sling loading, and FFV for free. The least people can do is say, "hey, Bohemia's listening, even if they don't get to everything we want them to when we want them to."

Benson, I have no problem with the current dlc's, however, I would like to have seen the MD-500's doors and FLIR make a return, along with the original Ghosthawk (camo)'s CTRG camo. I also feel like a dedicated scouting helicopter for CSAT would've been nice to add as well, along with some way to remove the currently finished doors (as I have yet to be able find a way to do this). A medevac version of the UH-80 and KA-60 would've been great to add also. I think little thing such as these small edits would've been really efficient ways (with the exception of the scout heli for CSAT) to add value to the DLC.

yea i agree on all of those. i really wish all the vehicles would be much more polished with doors and all that jazz, not only the helos but all of them. including different versions with kit on them and stuff like that. liek the offroad variations. same goes for versions liek you suggested. that kind of added detail and random variation would have more value to me than one more rushed chopper. oh and ofc the crash landing that has been suggested by many including Dyslexci (not even trying to spell right :D)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63614702/reaction%20to%20dis.gif (267 kB)

on a more productive note: what would people see as a reasonable price or what would you see as a reasonable amount of content for the current price. just curious.

I have payed € 29.99 for Arma2 OA's content and it was a fair price.

for a 2 chopper, a new flight mode which I am not so interested and some minor feature: € 3.99.

But it's the idea behind the Dlc which I disagree: first remove the bugs in the game then add new feautures (does someone forget how many units introduced bis in opf during the patch progresses?)

Btw: I have supported Bis by purchasing the supporter edition (but if I could "reload" in real life I am seriously doubtfull I would do that choice again)...

(edit: added p.s.)

P.s: the fact i am more interested (read: one customer) in Rhd addon or other units of user community instead than Dlc means something that Bis shouldn't avoid to take in consideration.

Btw: I have supported Bis by purchasing the supporter edition (but if I could "reload" in real life I am seriously doubtfull I would do that choice again)...

you do realise that you probably got the best deal with that in the end, right? at least that's how it seems to me. i got the alpha and the DLC bundle. i'm at about 50 euros now. i will probably get the expasnion too. so in total i will pay more than the supporter edition people i think (which is 60 euros?). had i known that this is how it works i would've bought the supporter edition too :D

You weren't granted with the dedicated forum supporter badge though. You may not care anyway.

Edited by ProfTournesol

My bad: I have not the supporter edition.

Instead I got the intermediate (the one with the [useless] guide and the soundtrack) version.