Sign in to follow this  
TrueCruel

13€ DLC, hefty price for 2 choppers

Those very same people would have clocked up hundreds of hours on arma3.

So bis must be doing something right.

They Could have just brought out 5 helis and made them fully paid. So then half your friends could be on a server playing and you couldn't join them till you bought the dlc end of. Then there be a whole other thing to moan about. I pay for the dlc and maybe that little bit more to keep this kind of approach to not split up mates and splinter communities playing the game.

I look at the value of other dlc content from other games and compared how they go about it. Some of it is just pure and utter greed.

They don't see you as a player who likes their game. They view you as others have said on here, just another transaction. They sure as hell don't have devs openly talking with players either. So some people should be careful how they wish other people would view stuff.

They can't go about (yet anyway) and do what EA and Dice does. They can't have a Premium/DLCs that will bring different stuff, which may be wanted by the community and fork the dough in the process. Why? Not large enough fan base and that's the hook which keeps them in check. Before Day Z, I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but after the whole PS 4 thing not so much. ArmA 2 sales doubled when the mod came out in just 2 or 3 months, sold more than 2,5 million units with the SA (all should mount up to $50-$60 million, same as SC/SQ42) and then Dean comes along and says "you know what, we improve the engine to dx11 and other goodies due to Sony deal". :) Think what you want from it, but BIS is in the process of making money FIRST and then truly , if possible, pleasing the community. Let's be serious now, a lot of stuff should have been in the main game to start with PLUS tones of fixing and optimizations that haven't been address since forever.

Still, if the content is polished enough, I may think about buying the entire package for 20 euros or whatever. For me at least, it will be the last straw.

Edited by calin_banc

I'm surprised how many people take features for granted just because they aren't under price.

hm. so your whole view of getting "new" features added to the "finished" game is based on when exactly BI announce their game being out of beta and being final? i'm surprised how many people interpret things based on silly labels. are you thankful that you don't have to pay for new features for early access games that are still in alpha too?

the flight model is the best example. it was promised a long time ago and is arriving late due to BI not being able to put it in the "realease/not alpha/beta anymore version". it's simply delayed. and it wouldn't surprise me if the same applies to slingloading and FFV.

maybe this explains why not everyone is all "praisy" about stuff being added. those are just things that didn't make it in time due to a3's stoney road to release (or whatever the current consense on the actual reasons is).

don't get me wrong. i want all the features i can get. but only so i can feel like i'm actually playing a new iteration with new possibilities and not a reskin with better graphics and better physics.

BI got deliberately quiet about new features very early because people were already very pissed to not see stuff that had been shown before in the actual game. they said about many features "maybe after release" having them atleast prepared but not sure of being able to pull it off alongside constant bugfixing.

bottom line: this game was far from finished at release. it still is not what they initially planned to do. so i'm not gonna be thankful for them being too slow for the labels they put on the game's state themselves at certain points in time.

Response to first paragraph:

It's more of my acceptance that all those features that were promised were wishful thinking

without too much research behind it by enthusiastic developer(s).

whatever keeps them afloat. Models cost money. If this is how they need to do it, ohwell... I being a grown man, and not a child in his moms house, 20$ 30$ 40$ or more isnt a problem. Heck we get so much from the "hobbyist" modders that would be 100$ or more. I really dont get all the complaning just because BI said this and gave you that... ohwell this is reality. If its not fun for you stfu or scream more.. ohwell.... I would really like a ARMA 4. And that doesnt look so good...Ohwell... Maybe DayZ 2 will come to the rescue and get ARMA on a new engine...Untill then 30$ for some choppers or?, isnt so bad to me.

Beheadings, Ebola, bad weather days... etc, and you guys are all upset about 20$...

kklownboy i have no idea why you're so offended by people not wanting to buy some DLC for a certain amount and seem to have some living with mommy issues since you keep repeating t. We are not obligated to keep a company afloat, they should be doing that by being a good company(not saying BI is or isnt) its just a thread about DLC costs and not wanting to buy it so why don't you just relax a bit.

Beheadings, Ebola, bad weather days... etc, and you guys are all upset about 20$...

If the $20 means nothing to you, I'll take it off your hands gladly to make sure I don't get beheaded or get Ebola. In exchange, I'll publicly post two MS Paint drawings of your choice and PM you a free autograph.

whatever keeps them afloat. Models cost money. If this is how they need to do it, ohwell... I being a grown man, and not a child in his moms house, 20$ 30$ 40$ or more isnt a problem. Heck we get so much from the "hobbyist" modders that would be 100$ or more. I really dont get all the complaning just because BI said this and gave you that... ohwell this is reality. If its not fun for you stfu or scream more.. ohwell.... I would really like a ARMA 4. And that doesnt look so good...Ohwell... Maybe DayZ 2 will come to the rescue and get ARMA on a new engine...Untill then 30$ for some choppers or?, isnt so bad to me.

Yep, I also don't need to budget my pocket money from mum, bahaha, first world problems are the fkn lamest :)

Because it might be cheap for you does not mean that you have to throw money everywhere without any thought about the product.

I being a grown man, and not a child in his moms house, 20$ 30$ 40$ or more isnt a problem.

Jaysus am I tired to read that... Again : whether one can afford 13$ or not isn't the question.

If you have nothing constructive to bring in here, you're welcome to "stfu".

having to pay 13 euros for two models, worth how much play time ingame ? ever bought a drink in a pub for two hours ?

i bet you lost more than just 13 euros in a two hours stay in a pub.

is it a high price ? maybe, but first we have got to see what is in the DLC and not just judge on the two anounced models and some extra's in the pictures, because anything digital is a waste of money anyway.... and time imho, but if that is the measurement, lets see how much time of fun it brings...

if this effects gameplay in a positive manner like having better options for CTI or what have you, is it worth buying ?

you could just think of buying the package at 20 euros and have two DLC's for near half the price and the karts to go ?

if it is about the money that is?

Im ok with paying for the chopper dlc. Dont forget youre helping to fund all the time and effort that goes into coding the free fire from vehicles and sling load modules.

Jaysus am I tired to read that... Again : whether one can afford 13$ or not isn't the question.

If you have nothing constructive to bring in here, you're welcome to "stfu".

I think the original question was if we can expect more in terms of content from future DLC's, an answer only BI can give. Since BI has not given us an answer yet, people started giving their opinions on the content-price ratio. His point of view is just as valid as those who are uncertain or against the current price-content ratio.

having to pay 13 euros for two models, worth how much play time ingame ? ever bought a drink in a pub for two hours ?

i bet you lost more than just 13 euros in a two hours stay in a pub.

is it a high price ? maybe, but first we have got to see what is in the DLC and not just judge on the two anounced models and some extra's in the pictures, because anything digital is a waste of money anyway.... and time imho, but if that is the measurement, lets see how much time of fun it brings...

if this effects gameplay in a positive manner like having better options for CTI or what have you, is it worth buying ?

you could just think of buying the package at 20 euros and have two DLC's for near half the price and the karts to go ?

if it is about the money that is?

I agree with this. Coming to senses now, I have to admit, all we know is what has been disclosed to us, and from that we base our personal opinions. But how about wait and see, which is what BIS's new DLC model is about to teach us. Ounce it's out, we can test it ourselves, and see what it has to offer before making a final decision on buying or not. As of now, we only know 2 Helo's, 4-5 scenario's, and some sandbox content will be available. But you never know.

This has been done before but I will do it again here.

I paid for Arma 3 when it was in beta, for approximately $45 USD (~34€).

I have sinced played 870 hours of Arma 3 to date. $45.00/870h=$0.05 per hour, or 5 cents per hour. I don't think I could have gotten a better deal on any other game, it cost me $45 (which really isn't very much even out of pocket), and has presented me with almost 1000 hours of gameplay, and many many more to come.

I would gladly pay much more than that to play Arma 3, and if you think of how little you are actually spending in the long run, I don't see why there is anything to complain about.

A game I always wanted to play was Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It had a great premise and looked really interesting. A few months ago I purchased it on sale for $14. But unlike arma, it's not a sandbox game. I beat it in ~25 hours. It was an amazing game, it had a great story and was very open to different play styles. But let's do the math again:

$14/25h = $0.56 or almost 60 cents per hour. Arma 3 has cost me 112% more per hour to play than your average story-driven game.

So if you think about how little you are paying for a game that offers as many hours of gameplay as you can possibly have time to play, I think it it definitely worth it to pay a little extra for some helicopters and as a plus you also get to support BI and allow them to keep doing what they do so well.

Ya know, the_Demongod, one of the complaints about this DLC pricing is that an individual Arma 3 DLC on the face of it appears quite price-inefficient compared to the bundle, which isn't even the case for "AAA game" DLCs...

Quantity in number of hours played doesn't equal quality/satisfaction of player (more so in a general, objective way as that would seem to sugest). :rolleyes:

Edited by calin_banc

Well, now that I know there won't be some *real* missions includet, I also see it as quite expensive.

Then again, Train Simulator has 1 train DLCs and texture packs that cost as much or more. So happy we aren't there yet...

I don't mind paying a little more, but damn, to me it feels like the Arma3 development is so extremely slow. We have to wait ages for everything. How many people are working on the game right now anyway?

Please consider the fact that they had/have a small team working on a very complex game, that:...!

I'm sick of hearing this. Get a bigger team. Would you or anybody run a business with not enough people to sustain it? Don't make a product you can't actually make?

I'm sick of hearing this. Get a bigger team. Would you or anybody run a business with not enough people to sustain it? Don't make a product you can't actually make?

They have been gradually expanding their A3 team, but compared to the scope of the project, it's still small. (IMHO)

Lets say that A3 team is like 20 dev max and those other employees (over 150 btw) work on Dayz SA + some other projects

Lets say that A3 team is like 20 dev max and those other employees (over 150 btw) work on Dayz SA + some other projects

20 ? There are modders team bigger than that...

20 ? There are modders team bigger than that...

yes but they not work full time ;)

regarding to bigger team you have to see the end of crytek close to bankrupt hahahahah

Strange topic. The answer is offensively simple: if you think it's overpriced, don't buy it.

Strange topic. The answer is offensively simple: if you think it's overpriced, don't buy it.

Damn! if only you had of posted that on the first page we could have saved all this trouble! :rolleyes:

Steam sales will be the answer for me..

I'll be buying it. Actually considering I had enough faith in BIS and got the supporter edition right at the start they will be shipping it as part of that package. Thanks BIS!