Sign in to follow this  
TrueCruel

13€ DLC, hefty price for 2 choppers

besides, I really don't feel like Bohemia is in dire need of continual financial support from its customers...:rolleyes:

In the end, they are a business and a business' prerogative is to make money. Think of the price as their way of compensating for the money they didn't make locking off the new features or modding tools or what-have-you.

They are giving 500k euros away for the competition... though I am sure the mere release of RHS will net them that much or even more... they still want to fill that back... for all we know its a loan. (such grammar)

hahhahhhahahahaha the name of this thread makes me laugh!

13 euros are a long island cocktail that yesterday i have drunk.

this DLC is too cheap IMHO, if BIS will ports all TKOH choppers I could pay more than 30 euros without problems

Vehicle physics are broken. A car exploding after barely touching a rock is unacceptable!

I haven't had that happen since alpha. I've hit rocks at 150km and not blown up in a civilian vehicle.

I haven't had that happen since alpha. I've hit rocks at 150km and not blown up in a civilian vehicle.

Lucky exception? I once died just by touching an ATV

Everything is relative. To call some DLC overpriced you have to at least name several examples when you get more for less money. Then you have to take into consideration weapon inertia, new helo physics, sling loading, etc, etc, and put two and two together - how many companies give such things for free. Mathematics, while is essential part of, but is not economy - it just doesn't work that way. Haven't you ever seen 15 bucks DLCs with just two new skins for a character? Or 20 bucks DLCs which only give you the ability to paint your ingame nickname purple and place some badge under your avatar on the forums? So I'll say again - everything is relative. Two helos for 12 bucks is a bit too much in relation to a 60 bucks game that contains much much more than 5 helos. But in relation to DLCs for other games it's not. In relation to all those HUGE, GAMEGHANGING new mechanics and features that you get for free it's not. But you already know it, as clearly seen from your words about "BIS, probably deserve it". So this issue is not about a hefty price, but more likely just a matter of point of view. I didn't know how to express my opinion on this properly, but guys here nudged me in the right direction - I too see it as a donation button, not a purchase of DLC. That's why I don't agree that it's overpriced - if anything, it should cost a little bit more.

True, and I reckon, they are going to do the same with the Marksman DLC. I remember when the Karts came out, and that was strictly Donation, which went to the Czech Red Cross I believe. So, if they were to open a Donation, I wonder how that'd go. I came up with an idea for BIS a few months ago, and the idea was a series of little content donations that add to the game, much like Karts. But idk how that'd work out, if say one was not willing to donate a buck for one piece of content, so I scrapped the idea.

Don't but the DLC's individually, just buy the DLC bundle for $25 and you get Karts, Marksman and Helo. $25 seems justified for all three DLC's, but I would never pay $16 for just two helicopters.

Compared to what was called "Dlc" in A2,this is a really crap dlc.

Compared to what was called "Dlc" in A2,this is a really crap dlc.

While I wouldn't probably call it "crap", it's still a bit disappointing.

It's cool that sling loading and the new flight model will be available for everyone,

but if they really plan to add only 2 choppers to this DLC it should have been called Rotor Wing DLC instead of Helicopters DLC.

Basically you're paying 16 bucks to be able to use the pilot seats of 2 choppers.

I expected at least 2 civilian choppers, the already confirmed 2 heavy choppers and additionally 1 or 2 armed choppers for each faction (future hind versions, some armed eurocopters for AAF etc).

With a content like that the title "Helicopters" and the price tag of ~16 bucks would have been justified in my opinion.

For now I just hope that the Marksman DLC will add more than just 2 marksman rifles.

Seems like once again they have been really lacking in content. Arma 3 launched with a lack of content. even a lot of that content was copy pasted. Not cool.

But give em some slack .look they have given the sling loading , new flight , the firing from vehicles, and started to give the game sound some much needed love.

They didn't Split the community with the dlc which is always a hard move from a business point of view. they deserve kudos and my money. 20 Euro paid. 3 dlc.

Overall have noticed they seem to be actually listening to what the community wants and giving arma the option to be even more hardcore and really test you. Devs have been doing a lot of communication on forums ,you have to appreciate that. Well bar the below subject.

Ps get those ponds fixed bis. Map makers need some love too.

For now I just hope that the Marksman DLC will add more than just 2 marksman rifles.

Didn't you know? It adds 2 blokes called Mark.

Basically I would rather all the stuff theyd did for this dlc, and the way the have done it. than just 5 new helis. Do you not feel the same way?

They have made the game better all around. Not to mention working on the mp. Trying to get a smoother game.

i got the bundle personally as its cheaper all round...

but... i agree with the OP the price is a fair wack for 2 helicopters when the community model them and release them for FREE lol

i would suggest some thing along the lines of €5-7 at most for this dlc...

im not buying arma 4 till im convinced they fix this shitty engine once and for all

Not interested, BI are just like any other developer.

1. Ignore issues surrounding the game, can't be fcuked..

2. Ignore features requested by the community, can't be bothered..

3. Milk the community with useless DLC packs..

Now, I somewhat share the annoyance you're feeling, but all of this is kind of not true. If we keep ranting by saying things that the developers can easily refute, then the points we're trying to make will be ignored for sure.

They fix issues on a daily basis. If only there weren't so many issues..

With the implementation of 'fire from vehicles' and 'sling loading' - this ain't exactly true either. There's a lot more features to add though.

If you're refering to karts - that was more of a joke/ test for the dlc strategy.

..Heli DLC - it's not useless. Just expensive.

..Marksman DLC - we don't even know what that's gonna be yet.

They have made the game better all around. Not to mention working on the mp. Trying to get a smoother game.

But... They are supposed to...

Didn't you know? It adds 2 blokes called Mark.

...that are twins...

Basically I would rather all the stuff theyd did for this dlc, and the way the have done it. than just 5 new helis. Do you not feel the same way?

I personally do. I would much rather have bi deal with features and game engine and have community deal with th content

But... They are supposed to...

Not really...

Of course, as I was expecting a BLUFOR Ground Attack helicopter and an OPFOR Anti-air strike/patrol chopper, I am a bit disappointed.

I get the point about enhancing support and logistics so it's just OK for me.

As an Armaverse grunt vet, I will adapt as I have always done ...

I can't wrap my head around why you guys are complaining so much.

It's 13€/~$16. It's not a big deal. You can make that much money by mowing somebody's lawn or washing their car.

And furthermore: you're not just paying for the two helicopters.

You're paying for:

• The two heavy lift helicopters and their armed/unarmed and skin variants
  • The ability to sling load all vehicles from quad bikes to (eventually) MRAPs.
  • The ability to pick up supply loads (essentially the boxes which are carried by Zamaks/HEMTTs/Tempest) of ammo, fuel, medical, and repair supplies.
  • Firing from vehicles (we have wanted this since 2001 and you guys are now complaining about paying 13€/$16 for this?)
  • A significantly improved flight model, which simulates torque, wind effect, fuel/ammunition/cargo weight effect, and translational lift
  • And on top of that, helicopter training missions, time trials, and a logistics-oriented multiplayer scenario.

And Bohemia is being nice enough to release 80% of this for free? I support the idea of free features to prevent community splitting, but something like the flight model itself (which is individually configurable, one player on a server can have it on while another on the same server might not) and sling loading should definitely have been part of the paid DLC in my opinion. They're trying to allow the player base to not be split and give features for free, but now they're going to be making less sales because everyone is bitching about paying $16 for "two helicopters" and have no idea what the whole DLC actually includes.

I would gladly pay $20+ for a DLC with this much content, should BI have removed the free features thing? Because I'm not getting the sense that you guys understand what you're paying for.

Edited by the_Demongod

I can't wrap my head around why you guys are complaining so much

It's 13€/~$16. It's not a big deal. You can make that much money by mowing somebody's lawn or washing their car.

You're paying for:

• The ability to pick up supply loads (essentially the boxes which are carried by Zamaks/HEMTTs/Tempest) of ammo, fuel, medical, and repair supplies.
  • Firing from vehicles (we have wanted this since 2001 and you guys are now complaining about paying 13€/$16 for this?)
  • A significantly improved flight model, which simulates torque, wind effect, fuel/ammunition/cargo weight effect, and translational lift
  • And on top of that, helicopter training missions, time trials, and a logistics-oriented multiplayer scenario.

And Bohemia is being nice enough to release 80% of this for free? I support the idea of free features to prevent community splitting, but something like the flight model itself (which is individually configurable, one player on a server can have it on while another on the same server might not) and sling loading should definitely have been part of the paid DLC in my opinion. They're trying to allow the player base to not be split and give features for free, but now they're going to be making less sales because everyone is bitching about paying $16 for "two helicopters" and have no idea what the whole DLC actually includes.

I would gladly pay $20+ for a DLC with this much content, should BI have removed the free features thing? Because I'm not getting the sense that you guys understand what you're paying for.

This.

This has got to be the most idiotic statement I've heard in a while, regarding all the 3 points. :)

I could see maybe $5 or something stupidly low just to keep BI in development, but $15?! Hail NAW

...that are twins...

Yes. One is just a clone of the other. :)

I can't wrap my head around why you guys are complaining so much.

You're paying for:

THANK YOU, kind sir! Not to mention, one of the biggest complaints people have is a lack of ambient immersion in arma 3. It's partly BI's fault for not really showcasing the new editor objects (as a mission maker, those are very important to me), but if they did talk those up like they did the helo's everyone would be like "OMG, $20 for a DLC that includes editor objects, while they're giving away the 3D editor for free? But I have to get my nails done this week and I only work 39 hours! Woe is Me and it's all BI's fault!". Of course they're going to say talk up the new helo's the most in terms of the paid content. Not to mention, they care for their community so much that the features that are included with this DLC are free?

"Oh well this stuff should've already been in the game!" Shit happened. It's explained quite nicely here:

The project [Arma 3] has experienced fundamental changes in terms of its vision, scope, scale, and setting. Put frankly, almost two years of work related to the original direction was binned. Through a process of playing, evaluating, and honest reflection, we found that the original plan was not headed towards what we expected from a legitimate Arma sequel. The changes that were necessary to put the project back on track have been costly and difficult but, ultimately, we feel, worthwhile.

They set launch for 2013 and when they threw away 2 years worth of work, some things had to be cut. They wanted quality over quantity, and to be quite honest, they made significant improvements in that regard all without charging extra to anyone, even those who paid for the alpha for $33! They could have pulled an EA or Volition and had KERRY's Outfit DLC at $2 and ZEUS DLC at $5. Stratis could have cost us an extra $15 dollars to play on post-release (making the excuse that Altis was plenty big enough to play around on). Every single bit of content that was post-release could have been paid DLC, but up until Karts and Helicopters, it's all been completely free. And they've pulled code from the darkest reaches of mankind trying to fix the multiplayer issue. AND, they have made tools specificially to help them figure out A: what the community desires and how that fits in their goals, B: what bugs need to be addressed immediately, and C:what bugs need to be slated for later. And they still have another DLC (with more free features and paid content) and at least one if not more expansions (with even more content) to deal with. That is a lot, and BI's handling it pretty well as far as I can tell.

---------- Post added at 19:28 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

I could see maybe $5 or something stupidly low just to keep BI in development, but $15?! Hail NAW

If you fork out the $25 for the DLC bundle, It works out to less than $10 per DLC (including Karts). That's what I did.

Bahaha back from wense you came shadow.

Tell you what you keep your 5 bucks for some nice new panties. Coz you got your others in a twist.