Sign in to follow this  
TrueCruel

13€ DLC, hefty price for 2 choppers

Hello!

First of all: This is not a hate thread or anything like that, I bought the DLC Bundle already and can't wait to test these 2 monsters.

But I must admit that the price is really high for only 2 new Helos, can we expect more than this in the future as addition? If not, then I would most likely start to regret buying the Bundle...

Regards

TC

Edit: If already a Thread of this exists, pardon for that. You then can close this and point me please to the right discussion :)

Yup, the price seems really exagerated for only 2 choppers, especially since gameplay features are coming free with the patch...

Don't worry guys! You're saving so much on the game itself! They're only charging you 44.99€ for the game (even less if you preordered!!!), which is like value of 7 helicopters. But instead, you get the entire game minus 2 helicopters! :dance1: :rofl:

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Maybe I described it a bit bad, we are only paying for the pilot seats and the ability to plant them in the editor. The helo will be there for everyone.

Would you have been more satisfied with your purchase if the helicopter FDM, sling loading and firing from vehicle features had been a part of the DLC?

Oh, don't mind me, I'm just mocking the price of the DLC too. :p

You should still be able to place them in the editor. AFAIK that's how Karts works. You can even plant yourself as the driver.

So if we look into it a bit further, you're technically paying for a removal of annoyances on your screen and the get in pilot action for 2 helicopters and some scenarios (time trials?).

Honestly, If I didn't have all the DLC already, I'd have no reason to buy it.

I'm not paying for anything else if they wont finish and correct ragdoll, physX, bullet damage etc etc. Essentially they have already lost me as a customer for dlc's and arma 4, the only way they can win me back is if they show some commitment by fixing/finishing the areas of the game that have needed the work desperately since the first days of the alpha.

Would you have been more satisfied with your purchase if the helicopter FDM, sling loading and firing from vehicle features had been a part of the DLC?

Not at all, I'm happy that the main features comes for free to all. So nobody is restricted to play on any server. But I still wished a few more choppers were in this one.

I'm not paying for anything else if they wont finish and correct ragdoll, physX, bullet damage etc etc. Essentially they have already lost me as a customer for dlc's and arma 4, the only way they can win me back is if they show some commitment by fixing/finishing the areas of the game that have needed the work desperately since the first days of the alpha.

This.

As for new content, I'm really more interested into mods like RHS: Escalation and Veteran mod, than these DLC's anyway.

Yup, in terms of content, there's a bunch of top quality addons that have so much more to offer than these DLCs...

What in the world happened to BIS and their new "small & expensive" DLC politic?!

For me, this "Stealth helicopter" thing is going to far and it genuinely feels like Bohemia is trying to save polygons on the models. Really not liking this.

I am just happy i get all the DLCs for free. I wouldn't buy it for what's it worth, although i would understand such a price for a bunch of properly done content (could have been at least 3 of dem choppers really...)

This.

As for new content, I'm really more interested into mods like RHS: Escalation and Veteran mod, than these DLC's anyway.

Maybe we should put a price for the RHS content. A decent one that is :P. Of course the features would be free...:P

---------- Post added at 15:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:30 ----------

For me, this "Stealth helicopter" thing is going to far and it genuinely feels like Bohemia is trying to save polygons on the models. Really not liking this.

They already said they won't make content that would require licenses from Vehicle or Weapons manufactures (boeing, bell, lockheed, colt, HK etc). If you wanna talk about creative thinking and plausible product design, go ahead, but it won't matter much either way.

So I'm the only one who buyed the DLC's for supporting Bohemia, because they are as awesome as CDProjektRed?

Ofcourse 16$/12€ is too much for 2 scenarios and 2 helicopters, but you shouldn't see it like that. The reason is that you can actually get everything for free without paying and without ingame adds, since BIS allowed us to just unmod these things and even included a way to bypass it with an easy command. So I obvisously this isn't just a normal DLC but a way to support them and show them: "I like these things in the new update (which includes a lot of things the community asked for) and you deserved the money, otherwise I would just mod these things out."

I will buy to support sling loading, TKOH Flight model and Firing from vehicle.

I think its a bit odd that the HELICOPTER DLC!!!...is actually only 2 helicopters...one of which already exists in a non-pointy version (In another game but ported already by the community). I would have liked it if we had been given a more substantial package. Like...5-10 helicopters.

Spare a thought for Star Citizen's players, here's all they get for 13€

Buggy.jpg

I think its a bit odd that the HELICOPTER DLC!!!...is actually only 2 helicopters...one of which already exists in a non-pointy version (In another game but ported already by the community). I would have liked it if we had been given a more substantial package. Like...5-10 helicopters.

The HELICOPTER DLC could just contain the advanced Flightmodell and still be a valid HELICOPTER DLC since the flightmodell is just for Helicopters...

Since Arma 3 was announced there were alot of people hoping for the TKOH flightmodell and they all were dissapointed when it wasn't there on release and we have it in this DLC(With Firing from vehicles and sling loading) and people are complaining that there are only 2 helictopters....

These features weren't easy to add and just because they are free, doesn't mean they are worthless and should be forgotten.

lol "..costs too much..." Only if you live with your mom....

I see the posts and think they never support anything. "it costs to much, just give it to me, I am a looter." mentality.

I think its worth it as I don't see it as getting only 2 heli's, but also as a way of rewarding BIS for putting in the features for FREE for people to use and stay compatible with.

This will be the first (REAL) DLC since Arma2 "Army Of the Czech Republic" (no..I haven't forgotten)....so yeah...they are not getting any of my money. Not until I see that the DLC is not a total cluster F***. The days of me preordering/buying BIS DLC without reading reviews are over. Also yeah.. 13 is too much. So I'll wait for steam sales. I also don't like their new DLC model for people who have not bought it. Arma2 method worked better, this new method just seems greedy. How can you make all that money in the last 2 years and then go and decide to change a really fair and innovative (compared to other companies) DLC model to something that is now just about actively annoying the user (time limited, pop up reminders etc) and in general, far less kind to the community who made you all that money. The lores texture model worked to sell DLC...I have seen 1st hand, players buy the Arma2 DLC because they did not want to look at the lo res textures. And the poll you created about DLC, to get basically get the answers you wanted, was BS (I'd say participants represented less than 5% of the arma community).

I also want to see them finish other aspects of Existing Arma3 content before I give them more money.

Vehicle physx (physx in general)...Still worse than arma..no sign of improvement. I hate driving vehicles in Arma3 ..it's a joke. Used to love it in Arma2.

Sound...Still big problems...seems as though they are beginning to work on it...

Weapon resting...we still don't know if this is coming or not.

Any chance of maybe tweaking some of the duplicate models between the factions so they don't all look the same?....yeah the copy paste thing..

Edited by -=seany=-

I see the posts and think they never support anything.

Dan;2783343']a way of rewarding BIS for putting in the features for FREE for people to use and stay compatible with.

That is not the point; it's still a product that is bought by customers.

And what exactly are we buying here? Clearly not the sling load & advanced flight model - eventhough they're "shipped" with the DLC, they can be considered as updates to the game mechanics (wich they are technicaly, since they will be integrated for everyone with the next stable update).

People seem to think that those features are part of a paying DLC, that BIS, in their generosity, would "give for free" anyway... I hope it is not how Bohemia has evolved : I can only imagine how things will be for Arma4 (Gamers want a new damage & woundings system? Let's sell it to them!).

was hoping for 4 heli but i bought the dlc bundle anyway..its just 12usd per dlc if buy the bundle

Some of you dont know how lucky you really are. Other games i know of have given far less... most of you wont bother with the DLC and use Arma 2 stuff instead or other mods or addons anyway.

Stop bitching and if you dont like it go move on to another game where you dont have dlc you have to pay for.. For instance... go check out Train Simulator 2015.. not everyones cup of tea but see what the DLC content is like on there.. Steam Cost is £2505.10p and see what you get on there for 1 model .. £11.99.. so in theory what BIS is offering isnt bad value for money

Buy it or dont its your choice but dont slag BIS off for trying to do something to recoup costs.