Sign in to follow this  
nickmow

How to ? Mortar team in High Command ?

As per the title, my latest editor challenge (10 years of mission editing frys the brain :yay:).

What I want to achieve, A mortar team under High Command control that can be moved deployed and used via artillery support requester.

So far, Three Man mortar team with back packs will happily trot around the field using HC and deploy mortar using unpackstaticweapon function via a trigger. If you havn't tried this its pretty cool, They deploy and man the mortar.

So that bit works. Problem I have is I cant seem to gain control of them using the support requester. i have linked the Artillery requester to each of the team in turn but it dosn't appear like a static mortar would. So as much as they are mobile they are autonomous when it comes to firing.

Anyone any ideas as to how I could get the mortar under control of the requester. I suspect that as they are not an artillery piece at the start the requester dosn' t recognise them as one.

Once setup I used the packstaticweapon function which they do but that leaves two backpacks on the ground rather than on the blokes so they cant move on. Which I think would screw up using a static mortar at the start instead of a backpack equipped team.

In summary, mobile mortar team under HC and artillery requester to charge around the battle at my disposal,

Cheers all

Nick

Seems I have found out I made an error in that I had two support requester modules and linked to both. If I put in the trigger to synchronizeObjectsAdd the unit that mans the mortar and the artillery requester, I get the support function. So now I can move the team around, deploy them and call on them to fire a mission ! Sweet. Just got to work on the pack up now

I am very interested in the mechanics of this as well.

Ideally, I would like to make a motorized mortar team that can:

Move - Mount unarmed hunters or some other appropriate vehicle, travel to firing point, set up

Shoot - accept and fire missions from the player

Resupply - either have resupply sent to the mortar team or have them travel to a resupply point.

If you still have this, I would like to see it. I am very fond of the DUWS mission, where enemy areas are dynamically created and the player can attack them. The support is just shells, however, I think it would be great to have a high command mortar team that has to be in place before fire support is available.