Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Arma 3 (release candidate) 1.36.128482+ stress-test MP (MultiPlayer)

I find it strange these updates in the main branch of the game, from 1.26 to 1.30 only 50MB?:j: Could someone say something about this? previous updates were typically 800 to 900MB .... this has changed now?

I find it strange these updates in the main branch of the game, from 1.26 to 1.30 only 50MB? Could someone say something about this? previous updates were typically 800 to 900MB .... this has changed now?

Surely it's a good thing to have lower file sizes, less is more. Anyway I believe this update is purely aimed at the MP fixes.

Good to see, hope it works out ok, MP team could probably do with a day off ;)

I find it strange these updates in the main branch of the game, from 1.26 to 1.30 only 50MB?:j: Could someone say something about this? previous updates were typically 800 to 900MB .... this has changed now?

Updates are only big if large amounts of game data are changed or added. In this case the update is mainly fixing multiplayer stability, so I think only the executable and maybe some DLLs, configs or perhaps small bits of data have been updated.

Note that the arma3.exe is ~25MB and the dedicated server exe is ~17MB. If only those are updated, a patch will only be ~42MB.

this was MP only related update (optimizations, tweaks, improvements, fixes etc)

I have less desync at 80+ servers. Actually I didn't remember that i have yesterday. So yes, there is a huge improvements!

RC 1.32 is out

Whoa, what is this? This is a global thread...

Is BIS going to have Official BIS Servers for MP play? Do we need the Dev edition or can anyone play/try?

Is BIS going to have Official BIS Servers for MP play? Do we need the Dev edition or can anyone play/try?

Read the first post.

Why didn't I think of that? Of course I read it. Read three times now. Read all 4 pages.

It's not clear. That's why I was asking. Is it a private project or is this "official"? There is a link to reddit.com That's not BIS. But post started by a dev. This was in the Dev branch thread, but now its marked 'global' so again its not clear if its just Dev or for anyone. This is the first I'm hearing about this and was confused. Also on my phone right now so I can't log in to try.

it's for everyone accepting to test and to stress the dev server...

I think Dwarden need us to check what is wrong on the servers...

Why didn't I think of that? Of course I read it. Read three times now. Read all 4 pages.

It's not clear. That's why I was asking. Is it a private project or is this "official"? There is a link to reddit.com That's not BIS. But post started by a dev. This was in the Dev branch thread, but now its marked 'global' so again its not clear if its just Dev or for anyone. This is the first I'm hearing about this and was confused. Also on my phone right now so I can't log in to try.

it's on RC branch, not DEV ... and it's about helping testing it before it goes stable ... global it is to make sure someone notice ;)

Knock knock, brain delivery!

Kidding, please don't take it the wrong way.

To answer your question, these servers are hosted officially but only on RC to help test RC-related fixes and gather feedback about unintentionally-created bugs or ones that were already present and slipped through the feedback grid.

Holy cow you guys! Why all the hostility from everyone? I feel like I walked into the wrong thread...

I know what stress-testing is. I know what bugs are. I get all that. Was in Computer Science 20 years ago. I think everyone missed the context of my query. I'm new to ArmA and never heard of "release candidate". I have over 600 posts and never saw it in the Forums. I only have stable branch and never set foot in dev thread. I was in the MODS COMPLETE thread when I saw this. There was a link to an un-official BIS site (reddit.com) but it looked like the post was "official". So there was un-offiical vs official. It stated testing for MP, that all of a sudden was global, so I was wondering and hoping BIS was getting ready for some official servers for paid (or free) MP play, and other online events. (like Aces High that I used to play for years)

From my point-of-view this was new, and being presented as something different and bigger than just a "bug hunt". Sorry for getting excited. Geesh! ;)

Short story is that MP stability suffered quite some with one of the their updates that aimed

to help with that.Since then they combat with it, and to help their cause they need big

number of players to play test server for QA to analyze!

Edited by enex

new RC is out 1.32.127661

time to get more players to RC ;)

yesterday revealed some nasty bugs, shall be all fixed now

the more testing and reports, the faster the patch can happen

new RC is out 1.32.127661

time to get more players to RC ;)

yesterday revealed some nasty bugs, shall be all fixed now

the more testing and reports, the faster the patch can happen

Well if the servers open for a few days . I'll be on with a few stooges.

Well if the servers open for a few days . I'll be on with a few stooges.

they open already since weekend and will stay (with usual 1-2 daily updates) until the RC turns into STABLE

Me too.

Is there any changelog about the changes or it will be only in the SITREP?

Dwarden are you having any luck eliminating desync when looking at vehicle's at great ranges 1km+. They still get very bouncy and float around when far away.