Sign in to follow this  
Venoom82

Emergency Lighting System

I been wonder why there is no way to make Emergency Lighting systems (lightbars) work better in arma 3. I seen so many police vehicles yet there seems to be a problem with light bars behaving weird. Can someone explain is this because arma engine is not compatible to deliver a better quality lighting system? For instance in GTA 4 they made so many versions of ELS and they work so great the effect and quality of lighting is absolutely gorgeous. How come we can not have that in arma 3? why is it so impossible or possible but too complex?

arma uses a way different engine which handles light way different than GTA. It is also quite heavy impacts performance. I guess its just the best way to make the game more playable

There is ways to do this, but it requires "fine tuning" 

and modding. In order to get the "flaring effect" on police lights in arma 3 you need to A. create a lightpoint on the model position. and B. add what they call a BLOOM lighting flare, that and HDR is the only difference between GTA 4 and arma 3, the police vehicles in ArmA 3 were quite unrefined. 

ArmA 3 from my experience provides a better lighting system than GTA 4 

Arma 3's lighting is so performance intensive because it does complete shadow calculations around it's area of effect.