Sign in to follow this  
cyrokrypto

[WIP] CSSA3 - Cyro's Specator Script for ArmA 3

This is an early version of my spectator script for ArmA 3, based on Zeus and the Splendid Camera. A lot of what is seen here is WIP.

My aim with this is creating a simple and easy to use spectator system that allows for natural yet accurate camera movement. Most basic functionality can be controller by mouse alone. The script is also compatible with most major medical mods as well as TFAR (and likely ACRE2 as well). This video shows some basic functionality:

I’m not really sure about the UI yet. The aim is for it to be as least invasive as possible while still being quick and easy to access. Feedback on this (or if someone can come up some something better entirely) would be greatly appreciated.

Please upvote this ticket which will help improve the click-to-interact function.

Feedback and feature requests are welcome. :)

Edited by Cyrokrypto
I misspelled 'spectator'...

Oh this looks interesting as I havnt found any lightweight spectator script yet :)

Seems to be very smooth.

Oh this looks interesting as I havnt found any lightweight spectator script yet :)

Seems to be very smooth.

The camera controls very similarly to the Splendid camera. One of my goals is allowing for precise, smooth movement.

---------- Post added at 13:45 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

This script would make for good videos, congratulations

Thanks. :) I am considering also creating a 'camera suite' made specifically for capturing machinima. Although if I do it, it will probably only happen at a later stage once the spectator script is released and in a good state.

This looks really good for a lightweight script. Been searching for a good camera script for my unit and this looks like it could be the one. Keep up the work!

Hi, is this still in development?

I am indeed still working on this. It's very close to release now, there are just a few bugs that must still be squashed.

This is great! I was always looking for a decent way to make good cinematics on Arma 3, you made my day!

This is great! I was always looking for a decent way to make good cinematics on Arma 3, you made my day!

Thanks. :)

Here is a preview of the (mostly) completed HUD.

http://i.imgur.com/MQwsgmg.jpg (771 kB)

Edited by Cyrokrypto