Sign in to follow this  
red oct

Good 'ol days of 8 bit and 16 bit video games

"Is this an arcade remake, or a PC/Console game?"

Console remake, I played it on PS2. Its different from the original, of course. Full 3D, based on the same concept as the original (saving colonists, protecting stuff from alien invaders). I played the original many years ago and liked it then, I liked this one a lot to. A worthy succesor if I ever saw one.

some games are better left as classics... in my old college, they had table with screen underneathe the glass tabletop, and they had Galaga(sp?) and Pac-Man biggrin.gif (they still do)

if I have to choose one, i'd say Q-bert. That was a brain teaser for me biggrin.gif

Even though its a PC game and its only from the early 90s, I think it really deserves a remake.

The game was called Shadow President and it had about 256 colors and you basically had a map of the world and you could cut economic relations with countries, increase espionage spending, nuke, etc. The object was to stay in for 4 years or get reelected or whatever but I found myself getting assassinated or impeached whenever I tried to show Iraq and Russia who is boss by nuking them, then nuking England for complaining.

It was a DOS game and if anyone has ever played tell me about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 17 2002,06:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone remember the 'King's Quest' Series?<span id='postcolor'>

yes i do, i think i have 4,5, and 6. anybody remember the Quest for Glory series? also known as Heros Quest?

did anybody know that Swat 3 is sorta a sequal of the old Police Quest games?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Sep. 17 2002,06:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">did anybody know that Swat 3 is sorta a sequal of the old Police Quest games?<span id='postcolor'>

yes

wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 17 2002,07wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Sep. 17 2002,06:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">did anybody know that Swat 3 is sorta a sequal of the old Police Quest games?<span id='postcolor'>

yes<span id='postcolor'>

and i actually played it long time ago...great game back then. loved that RPG idea biggrin.gif

and how about the original Lemmings...ahhh....memories... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Sep. 16 2002,22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anyone remember the 'King's Quest' Series?<span id='postcolor'>

Remember when they came out with, what was it, 4? Or 5? That had the handpainted digitized backgrounds that were in 256 colour vga? How amazing it looked acompared to the ega graphics of the predisessor? Man I remember thinking how amazing pc graphics were at that time smile.gif

COLINMAN

heh i know what game needs a cool remake, Leisure Suit Larry. from 1 to 7

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Sep. 17 2002,07:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">heh i know what game needs a cool remake, Leisure Suit Larry. from 1 to 7<span id='postcolor'>

pervert

Lol imagine a Lesure Suit Larry game done with the 3-d like Grim Fandango or the last Monkey Island. It would be classic.

COLINMAN

Ahhh Rygar i would say.

Man i recall the NES, my first gaming experience.

I also recall that sometimes to get that darned thing to work you had to give it a right hand swing!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ Sep. 17 2002,00<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Even though its a PC game and its only from the early 90s, I think it really deserves a remake.

The game was called Shadow President and it had about 256 colors and you basically had a map of the world and you could cut economic relations with countries, increase espionage spending, nuke, etc.  The object was to stay in for 4 years or get reelected or whatever but I found myself getting assassinated or impeached whenever I tried to show Iraq and Russia who is boss by nuking them, then nuking England for complaining.

It was a DOS game and if anyone has ever played tell me about it.<span id='postcolor'>

There is a kinda of a remake of Shadow President that came out this year, called Super Power.  It lets u play with any country and u can do terrorist attacks, sabbotage, etc. plus nukes, and all out war where u control the units in a kinda E-Z RTS system.

Golem Labs makes it.  Check out the overview of the game. The shit has hit the fan: All out nuclear warfare pic

-=Die Alive=-

Any one remember/played this classic game?

firetruc.jpg

Fire Truck, black & white atari game, i love it, used to play the guy in the back on the ladder section while my brother drove the front cab.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">some games are better left as classics... in my old college, they had table with screen underneathe the glass tabletop, and they had Galaga(sp?) and Pac-Man   (they still do)<span id='postcolor'>

Something like this:

football.jpg

I've too used to play on those, at this pizzaria, while eating pizza i'd be playing pac-man.

Anybody remember this game?

timetrav.jpg

Time Traveler "hologram" game made by sega in the early 1990s. I remember it sucked big time.

-=Die Alive=-

Oh yeah, Time Traveller, they made a remake of that for PC and they didnt change a thing smile.gif it got 7 percent in PC Gamer, LOL!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 17 2002,14:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Golem Labs makes it.  Check out the overview of the game. The shit has hit the fan: All out nuclear warfare pic

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Is it just me or is their knowledge of geography very limited? As far as I can see Yugoslavia is one country on the screenshot and the year is 1997. Hmm....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ Sep. 17 2002,20:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I played the demo of the Super Power game.  Boy did it suck.<span id='postcolor'>

Well the demo you're only limited to playing for the US, and that ain't fun to be the best. And back when the demo came out, there were 1000s of bugs still in the game, and the AI wasn't as refined as in the real game. For example, in the demo, I remember Mongolia attacking Columbia. Now after 3 patches, it's more refined to poor nations only attacking the neighbors next to them, not those around the world.

I think i'm going to buy it in the coming weeks, I passed when it first came out in April because of the bugs, but now it's alot more realistic and war isn't 100% certain.

-=Die Alive=-

Not the worlds most realistic game I would say biggrin.gif :

superpower.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and how about the original Lemmings...ahhh.... memories... <span id='postcolor'>

LOL, you just reminded me of that. I can't think of how many hours I spent playing that game............ stupid lemmings. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Remember when they came out with, what was it, 4? Or 5? That had the handpainted digitized backgrounds that were in 256 colour vga? How amazing it looked acompared to the ega graphics of the predisessor? Man I remember thinking how amazing pc graphics were at that time <span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I know eh.

I think it was King's Quest 5. I remember when we upgraded our computer and that was one of the first games I played on it. I remember being awed by the amount of freedom of movement that I had. And just think of where we are now, I would have killed for something like OFP back then. Just think of how good things will be 5 or 10 years down the road. We will look back and laugh at OFP because we thought it was so advanced at the time.

Tyler

I used to have duckhunt and mario on graphing calculator so I had something to do at school.