Sign in to follow this  
AL_

Semi-Random spawning of whole groups

Hello guys,

I have a question, since I'm kinda lost (also quite dumb regarding mission editing..)

I used to play Cipher in the Arma2 days, which was an awesome scenario with randomly spawned enemy bases (but, mainly located in towns). Very important feature (for me) of this scenario was the fact, that all units weve visible in the editor, so I could easily change their skills, loadouts etc.

I was looking for similar scenario for A3. Although I found a few, they are all scripted within those script files (where I'm completely incapable to do anything), and the editor gives mi nothing. Thus, I decided to make a simple scenario for me and my friends on my own-actually, the only thing I need is to place enemy zone randomly each time the scenario is started. I don't want it to be fully random, because I would like to make say, 50 different places where I would like to take the fight. I suppose markers can be used somehow for this, so my question is:

I'd like to place an enemy force (30 men, some vehicles, whatever) in the editor and make them spawn together randomly in those areas marked by the markers. How do I do that? :)

Thanks for any advice or URL, I'm also aware that this is a basic stuff and I should try to understand the manuals, so feel free to insult me :)

o7

ummm thank you, I'll try it as soon as I get to arma ; )