Sign in to follow this  
Aralvar

Why is my main menu non-existent?

I guess it could be because I uninstalled Breaking Point incorrectly, but my main menu doesn't exist. All I get when I load in (and it has a black screen instead of showing the logos and such it's supposed to) is a blurry mess of nothing with the Arma 3 music playing in the background, nothing I can see to click on. I've tried validating files and reinstalling, neither of which works. I even deleted all the files out of the Arma 3 folder in SteamApps, validated them to reinstall them, and that still didn't fix it. Anyone know what is going on? I can't even post a screenshot because every one I take with Steam glitches out and doesn't display correctly.

What happens if you launch Arma 3 from a desktop shortcut? Try this launch parameter.

"X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" [b][color="#FF0000"]-nologs -skipintro[/color][/b]

What happens if you launch Arma 3 from a desktop shortcut? Try this launch parameter.

"X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" [b][color="#FF0000"]-nologs -skipintro[/color][/b]

Huh. Well it seems to work when I do it that way, though something seems to be wrong with the menu background since there is no overhead view of an island with a battle going on like there usually is. Thanks though, this will work until I find a way to fix the problem more substantially. Do you have any idea what the problem could be now that you have this information? Thanks again for your help. :)

EDIT: Nevermind, seems to have gone back to doing the same thing even with the launch parameters. :/

Edited by Aralvar

I think the -skipintro parameter would disable world intros in the main menu but regarding your nothing I can see to click on problem, that I have no idea why.

I remember having a main menu problem also with testing Breaking Point zombies in A3 Editor. With the updated breakingpoint_ui.pbo file, you would end up with a main menu without the Singleplayer and Editor button. Those where disabled since version 0.1291 per changelog info.

I've got same problem as topic starter. I have Lenovo Y700 laptop with gtx960m card and Intel Hd graphics 530 as onboard card.

Once game started i see only black screen which starts glitching with colours after ~1min. I can hear soundtrack and menu click but screen either black or full of color distortion.

I've tried -nobenchmark option - no help for me. But when in NVIDIA control panel i switched device from GTX960M to Intel HD 530 game started fine, obviously it is terribly slow :)

I have tested game on GTX960 with driver version installed by default, same as i have updated to latest version and sympthoms are same.

Guys appreciate any help here.

I've got same problem as topic starter. I have Lenovo Y700 laptop with gtx960m card and Intel Hd graphics 530 as onboard card.

Once game started i see only black screen which starts glitching with colours after ~1min. I can hear soundtrack and menu click but screen either black or full of color distortion.

I've tried -nobenchmark option - no help for me. But when in NVIDIA control panel i switched device from GTX960M to Intel HD 530 game started fine, obviously it is terribly slow :)

I have tested game on GTX960 with driver version installed by default, same as i have updated to latest version and sympthoms are same.

Guys appreciate any help here.

That rather sounds like your videocard is broken. You should run somthing like Heaven Benchmark (For free) and look for any artifacts (blackscreen, colour distortion etc). Additonally, check the temperatures.

That rather sounds like your videocard is broken. You should run somthing like Heaven Benchmark (For free) and look for any artifacts (blackscreen, colour distortion etc). Additonally, check the temperatures.

I'm running BF4 normally for test, CS, Dota2 some other games are fine.

I'm running BF4 normally for test, CS, Dota2 some other games are fine.

This could be that fullscreen issue, where the game only renders a couple of pixels in top left of the screen

When you get the black/distorted view, press Alt+Enter. This should move the game to a window.

If it works, you can try pressing Alt+Enter again, or go the video options and select fullscreen window instead of the normal fullscreen.