Sign in to follow this  
Ranwer135

Adverts and annoying pages pop-up? WTF

Hi,

I'm not sure if a lot of you get this, but I'm noticing adverts appear on this very website (and sometimes actual pop-up surveys)

I got suspicious of it, so I decided to go onto a few other sites. (and they appeared on them too)

I have a feeling that there is a global advert program going on (or some kind of hacking scandal), I'm not sure. :confused:

Another thing, I don't want to offend BI about this, but the pop-up survey claims to be BI themselves?!? :Oo:

(I've been on other sites as well, and the surveys claim their names too)

Regards,

Ranwer135

Hasn't happened to me any. Might be malware on your device.

The only thing I can think of is that your PC has some sort of malware that is doing this.

The only thing I can think of is that your PC has some sort of malware that is doing this.

Yup, usually if you have ads popping up all over the place, it's ad-ware that was installed on your PC somehow, perhaps as a "bundle" with some other program. A lot of them do that nowadays.

@Tonci87

Yeah, I have Trend Micro Security enabled, and it detected no malware at all. :confused: (I'll try and use @Nicholas' method in his reply)

I'll reply back of the result (I have no idea how it got on my computer, never installed anything except BF3 for the past month)

Ranwer135

@Tonci87

Yeah, I have Trend Micro Security enabled, and it detected no malware at all. :confused: (I'll try and use @Nicholas' method in his reply)

I'll reply back of the result (I have no idea how it got on my computer, never installed anything except BF3 for the past month)

Ranwer135

It could be some browser addons that installed themselves with some other software, try installing another browser, like Opera for example and see if the problem is still there.

The solution Nicholas suggested is pretty good, I cleaned some shit from my brother's PC. I guess it doesn't hurt to run those just to be on the safe side.