Sign in to follow this  
MattLightfoot

Official Bohemia Live stream firing from vehicles/slingloading competition

Good news everybody, it's that time again for me to organise this week's live stream. This week is going to be focussed around our releases to the Development Branch of Helicopter sling loading and Firing from vehicles. It will begin at 1pm Central European Time on Friday.

So we are going to be having a little fun competition. This competition will be split into three rounds. The first round will be made up of eight teams, where each team will be assigned a hostile team they will compete against to proceed to the second round. The Second round will then be four teams, then the final will be just two teams.

Each round will give the teams different methods of eliminating each other however the objective will always be to have the last man alive, deaths due to bugs, disconnection and everything else counts.

Teams will be made up of up to four people, the matches will start at around 1pm CET on Friday 26th. We will live stream each game on our server so we can't give absolute times to teams but I'll publish a rough guide for times late on Thursday or first thing on Friday.

How will the matches work?

In each game, each team will have a developer playing with them, they can take any role you want them to you just need to tell us when you get into game. If you lose a game you are out, winners will proceed to the next round.

What will happen in the matches?

In the first round each team will have a Mohawk and an assault boat (Small rubber dinghy), all but one of team will get into the boat which will then be sling loaded. They must then eliminate all of the enemies.

Round two will require both teams to mount separate MH-9s and shoot down the other team.

Round three will be explained on the stream to the finalists and the audience.

So if you have a team of four that can definitely attend, please post your names below and I'll sort you out with a spot, if your an individual and would like to take part in it, then put your name down and I'll do my best to arrange you into a team. There is a limit of 8 teams, I'll also have two back up teams should anyone not turn up.

THIS WILL BE RAN ON THE DEVELOPMENT BRANCH

Mattastic (Matt Dean)

Edited by Mattastic

I've got over 1000 hours on ArmA 3, all the way since the Alpha. Over 3/4 of those hours were logged in the Hummingbird or the Pawnee. I also played 500 hours of ArmA 2 OA in the OH-6J family copters too.

Let's say I know a few things about flying in the ARMA series.

Don't believe me? I uploaded a flying montage with some of my landings taken from public games:

It would be honestly awesome to be a part of this livestream this Friday, so I hope I can have a spot in it for flying these MH-9's for the team! :yay:

Yours

TOMMEH

Otherwise known as, TOMaHAWK.

Have to work :( And just wenn lord Bouncemaster is also joining in :x

Send with mobile phone.

This sounds awesome.

I'm one of the welsh morons from last week, but i have no friends so it'd be cool if you could force people to play with me!!

jk, i have friends, but they're all busy, so random teammates would be sick

I'll check if I get a response in the morning, if not I will assume it was called off. Not too many people volunteered :/

---------- Post added at 03:53 ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 ----------

Ah, something's come up :( I'll have to sit this one out. Next time maybe!

Edited by FistoGames

Ok so Takel, Tommeh and Matt if you guys want to dive on I can make you a TS channel on teamspeak ip - 94.23.247.140

What we may do is get teams to play all three rounds, depends how many last minute takers we get;

adding CiA team as well

---------- Post added at 08:13 ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 ----------

PS make sure you chaps have the beta branch installed

---------- Post added at 08:19 ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 ----------

Here is the current list of teams during the first match which will be between the Comrades in Arms team and the community team people can still poke me to get in on it.

https://www.draw.io/#LArma%203%20slingloading%2FFFV