Sign in to follow this  
kalthramis

Save Zeus Map?

So did they ever add in the ability to save Zeus maps, or just use Zeus as an editor? It's so much better than the top-down editor when trying to set up an area. Can't even place buildings in the top-down 2D editor.

I believe they mentioned the addition of a 3D editor when the expansion comes out.

https://www.bistudio.com/english/company/developers-blog/460-arma-3-roadmap-201415

I hadn't heard of that, and I even read through that before. That's good to know, even if it is a year out. Though I recall when zeus first came out someone said they were working on a way to save the maps, and I'm curious about what's become of that.

i think the mod you search for is Mission Control Center (MCC) (until the 3d editor released)

with this addon you can save and load zeus mission

So did they ever add in the ability to save Zeus maps, or just use Zeus as an editor? It's so much better than the top-down editor when trying to set up an area. Can't even place buildings in the top-down 2D editor.

Use this addon to access all the 'hidden' objects in the 2D editor:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164996-CJTF101-s-EDITOR-v1-1

Cool, been looking to improve my Range, thanks!

Well I hope they eventually come out with a full 3d editor/make Zeus saveable.

With that being said, I just run Zeus and MCC along side each other and it works most of the time. I personally just use MCC as the exporting tool and Zeus for the rest.

• Like 1

Yeah I would really like a save button in Zeus so you can create an awesome mission in the editor then save and export to multiplayer. Hoping someone can come up with a mod to do this without having to use MCC.

Whats wrong with using MCC? it's like 20MB + it gives you a lot of extra tools in combination with zeus to make 'awesome mission'

Nothings wrong with MCC, but with Zeus we're very close to a native 3D editor, which would be really good.

Yeah I would really like a save button in Zeus so you can create an awesome mission in the editor then save and export to multiplayer. Hoping someone can come up with a mod to do this without having to use MCC.

Using MCC + Zeus to create and save a mission does not create a dependency for MCC. So as a mission designer you can use the combo to create your mission and then simply de-active MCC as a mod to play your mission.

It's how I create my missions.

Sure but it's strange that BIS don't give us a native way to use zeus as a 3d editor...

Yeah I would much rather have zeus as a 3D editor than MCC- I gave MCC a shot, and it felt clunky and wasn't as smooth and delicious as zeus. I really enjoyed the power at my fingertips, but it needs to be more refined and intuitive

If your preference is for MCC method for saving missions, this is how you do it:

1. Place player down on a map

2. save the mission with the name that you want your mission to be

3. preview the mission, then press Y to access Zeus

4. make all your edits with zeus (build your mission)

5. press Y again to close zeus

6. scroll your mouse wheel to see and access MCC in your action menu

7. click on MCC and login then save/load all to sqm, now all is saved to the clipboard.

8. End the game (your in preview mode), go back in the editor alt+tab out to desktop.

9. locate your mission in C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3\missions\missionname.stratis (whatever the map is)

10. open your mission.SQM with notepad, notepad++, or armaedit then ctrl+a (select all) then ctrl+v (paste) and save, go back to the editor reload your mission.

11. when you reload your mission will be the 2d version of what you built in Zeus!!

I've had limited success with the MCC method so far, it doesn't seem to take into account things like modules or the Zeus virtual entity itself, along with things like waypoints, patrols, boxes with items, or custom gear set via the arsenal. Which is a shame, since most of that stuff is the most time consuming part of setting things up.

It's still useful though for unit and building/fortification placement, i've just had to resort to saving out the sqm and manually merging it with the previous saved editor file.

I've had limited success with the MCC method so far, it doesn't seem to take into account things like modules or the Zeus virtual entity itself, along with things like waypoints, patrols, boxes with items, or custom gear set via the arsenal. Which is a shame, since most of that stuff is the most time consuming part of setting things up.

It's still useful though for unit and building/fortification placement, i've just had to resort to saving out the sqm and manually merging it with the previous saved editor file.

my export function solves that problem with waypoints (it'll put those down in editor on the same spot they were in when you were in zeus), and I could probably rig it up to support boxes with items too.

EDIT: updated the links for my zeus exporting mission in its topic, fill up boxes in zeus and the script will fill it in editor for you.

Edited by austin_medic

my export function solves that problem with waypoints (it'll put those down in editor on the same spot they were in when you were in zeus), and I could probably rig it up to support boxes with items too.

EDIT: updated the links for my zeus exporting mission in its topic, fill up boxes in zeus and the script will fill it in editor for you.

Can you please send me the link you are talking about ?

I'm struggling to find a proper Zeus save system for patrols and items boxes

The scripts posted in this thread work great for singleplayer/editor, but is it somehow possible to make them work on a dedicated server, so that 2 or more players can build something and one of them can copy the work to his clipboard?

The best way I've found to do it is with MCC.

But you're right, it doesnt take into account modules.

The best way to do this is this:

• Create your mission with all your modules
  • Launch your mission
  • Build what you want with Zeus
  • Save everything with MCC ("Save All (SQM)")
  • Create a new .txt file
  • Paste everything to it
  • Open the original mission.sqm
  • Copy everything in the "Groups" class from the original mission.sqm
  • Paste it over everything in the "Groups" class from the new .txt file
  • If you have markers placed down, do the same with the "Markers" class
  • Rearrange everything back in the mission editor if needed

It sounds convoluted, but once you get used to it it's pretty streamlined.

If that's too crazy for you, build everything in Zeus, save it all, then put down your modules, waypoints, triggers, etc.

• Like 1

So ok let's reopen the Topic a bit but with another idea behind it.

We have Eden we use Eden and it will replace the 2D editor which is good.

The thing is MCC and all the good scripts for the 2D editor won't work for the 3D editor because it does not import propaply to it.

Why am i here and writing this you may ask. It's easy i want to creat a flowing MP mission where i want to import a played progress to EDEN.

This means a troop is playing a mission with Zeus all the objects are changed from the Old position and stuff happened, after the mission i want to build on the played mission thats why i need an comfortable Save all object to EDEN SQM script.

I don't konw if there is already a Mod for Generating an EDEN SQM (not for 2D because it gets removed) but if let it me know please. MCC can't do that sadly.