Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL/Daesh) Discussion

IS North Sinai affiliate seized 2 tanks & other military hardware in attack on Egypt army checkpoints and positions

v49u2g.jpg

Islamic State's Egypt affiliate, Sinai Province, claimed responsibility for the attacks killing 30; Israel closed border crossings as precaution.

The bomb blast comes just over a month after three Egyptian court judges were assassinated in a horrific drive by shooting in Sinai province. ISIS claimed responsibility

source:http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/01/egypt-sinai-peninsula-attacks-army-checkpoints-car-bombing

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 ----------

Israel closes Nitzana, Kerem Shalom border crossings with Egypt after Sinai attacks the Egyptian air force has attacked positions of IS several times last 24 hours

Jihad vs jihad: 18 Isis fighters executed by Jaysh al-Islam in Islamic State-style copycat video

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/jihad-v-jihad-18-isis-fighters-executed-by-jaysh-al-islam-islamic-state-style-copycat-video-1508782

Syrian rebel group Jaysh al-Islam has executed 18 alleged members of Islamic State (Isis) in a gruesome video that imitates the ones produced by the rival extremist group.

Yet another example of clashes between conflicted muslim terrorist groups.

(BBC) Islamic State senior fighter 'killed in US drone strike'

It says Tariq bin al-Tahar bin al-Falih al-Awni al-Harzi was responsible for co-ordinating suicide bombings in Iraq and moving weapons from Libya to Syria.

The US had offered a $3m (£1.9m) reward for the man it called the "emir of suicide bombers".

IS has not commented on the reports of his death.

Harzi was allegedly killed in the northern-eastern Syrian town of Shaddadi on 16 June.

The US Treasury Department had placed him on a sanctions list after designating Harzi as a "global terrorist".

It is thought that he had assisted foreign fighters from the UK, Albania, and Denmark.

He also raised funds for the group, including $2m from a single Qatar-based donor.

Hope that Qatari donor will be dealt with too.

From Syria to Bosnia: Isis and its affiliates around the world

Islamic State’s rampage through Iraq was soon followed by jihadi groups aligning themselves with and pledging allegiance to the militant groupslamic State’s incursions in Iraq and Syria have left large areas of both countries under the militant group’s control. The extremists’ beheadings of western hostages sparked outrage across the world. But since its military successes, other jihadi groups have flocked to affiliate themselves with the radical movement.

Iraq

Born out of al-Qaida in Iraq – which emerged during the US occupation – Isis now controls vast swaths of the country’s Sunni heartland. The militants launched a lightning offensive last summer in which they conquered the province of Nineveh and its capital, Mosul, Saddam Hussein’s hometown of Tikrit, and large parts of Anbar province, from which it had once been evicted by the US-backed Sunni “Awakening†movement.

While Isis lost Tikrit in an operation earlier this year led by a volunteer army dominated by Shia militias with close ties to Iran, the militants have proven their resilience by conquering Ramadi, just 80 miles west of Baghdad, in May. The US has sent hundreds of military advisers and led a coalition against the group that conducts regular air strikes, but has so far failed to stem the militants.

Bosnia

Isis has recently begun attempting to recruit fighters from among poor and unemployed youth in the Balkans, with Bosnia and Herzegovina a particular focus. A recent video featured Bosnian fighters urging their countrymen to join the group.

Libya

Ansar al-Sharia, one of the largest militant groups in the country, which was blamed in 2012 for the killing of the US ambassador to Libya, has rebranded itself as Isis in Benghazi, Sabratha and Sirte.

The group’s key territory in the country, which has descended into chaos following a power struggle between Islamists and their elected successors, lies in the city of Sirte and the surrounding villages and oil fields. The militants were pushed out of the city of Derna last month in battles with rival Islamist groups.

Small units have also battled the Libyan army in Benghazi and have carried out attacks in the capital Tripoli, including one in January targeting the Corinthia hotel.

The affiliate has released videos depicting the beheadings and shootings of Coptic Christians from Egypt and Ethiopia kidnapped by the militant group in Libya in recent months.

Source:http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/03/isis-and-affiliates-around-the-world

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

(Vice News) My Journey Inside the Islamic State

VICE News produced a world exclusive when filmmaker Medyan Dairieh spent three weeks embedded alone with the Islamic State in June 2014, gaining unprecedented access into the heart of the self-proclaimed caliphate. Here he describes what he learned.
It had been nearly 10 years since I first met Abu Jindal al-Iraqi during the Second Battle of Fallujah — six weeks of bloody urban combat at the end of 2004 that pitted Iraqi insurgents, including al Qaeda, against US Marines and their Iraqi and British allies.

Al-Iraqi was a commander in a makeshift artillery brigade that was fighting against the Americans, but not yet affiliated with al Qaeda. He was a former colonel in Saddam Hussein's Republican Guard, which was disbanded in 2003 in the wake of the US-led invasion of Iraq. He was then clean-shaven and not particularly religious.

Overnight, thousands of men like al-Iraqi lost their income and their status. Many of them took their military training — and in many cases their weapons — and joined the resistance.

When I met him again, inside the border in June 2014, he was wearing a full beard and was in every aspect of his appearance a committed Islamist. In the decade since we met, his militia first had merged into the Islamic State in Iraq, al Qaeda's local franchise, which then went on to found ISIS. He is now a senior IS commander.

Al-Iraqi's story is a common one. Internal IS documents obtained by Der Spiegel show not only that the core leadership of the group is made up of former Baathist officers, but that the organization is also run along the lines developed by Iraqi military intelligence.

From secular arab nationalist baathist movement to middle ageous islamism...

Living here on £50,000 benefits, the hate preacher who inspired Tunisian beach killer: Cleric lives in five-bedroom home with wife and five children after thwarting deportation attempts for 15 years

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3150348/Living-50-000-benefits-hate-preacher-inspired-beach-killer-Cleric-lives-five-bedroom-home-wife-five-children-thwarting-deportation-attempts-15-years.html

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." - Vladimir Lenin

Long live the benefits!

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." - Vladimir Lenin

Long live the benefits!

the worst is that they understand it on the west, so let them have it , after all we can support caliphate, no more stupid femnists, we could buy 4 sex slaves and be okay, so lets not argue anymore Sudayev, let caliphate win, i already have beard, i will miss beacon and wine, but possibility to buy 4 young women who will obey me is better than beacon pizza with wine, i could support such one if i knew they will not give me ugly ones and if they will not be talking, 4 talking women is too much,

Are you prosperous enough to have 4 brides?:) Even radical islamists admit the principle stating that a man must have income enough to give equal conditions to all the wives. And if a man is not rich enough, noone will even permit the daughters to marry him.

7/7 anniversary: Britain should charter flight to take wannabe jihadists to Syria, says former counter terror chief

Bob Quick, a former Scotland Yard assistant commissioner, says it may be safer for Britain to help fanatics move to the war torn country and ban them from returning.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11722736/77-anniversary-Britain-should-charter-flight-to-take-wannabe-jihadists-to-Syria-says-former-counter-terror-chief.html

Sounds like a good plan. To let them out, so the SAS can kill them in the field later on :) vvv

SAS will get some :)

I don't really get this piece of news.

(El País) Two Spaniards arrested on return from fighting ISIS in Syria

Two Spanish communists have been arrested in Madrid after returning from fighting against Islamic State (ISIS) in Syria. Police sources have confirmed that the pair are the same two men who appeared in a video that was released in January, in which they spoke from the desert about how they were taking part in a “revolutionary war†started by Kurdish militias to bring down the “fascist beast that is Islamic State.†One of the men has been identified as Paco Arcadio.

Sources from the Marxist-Leninist Party (Communist Reconstruction), to which both belong, explained that the first arrest took place in Madrid on Monday morning, when one of the young men “went to buy some bread.†“Hooded police officers swooped in on him and they treated him like a terrorist, when what he did was go to fight against terrorists,†the same sources said.

The two are accused of participating in an armed conflict outside of Spain without authorization from the state, as well as putting national interests at risk and joining groups fighting against ISIS that are considered terrorist organizations by international organizations.

:confused:

commies fighting for isis lol , but anyway it is good they have been arrested, because joining ISIS is joining criminal organization,

maybe commies in Spain contain also non-atheist but force-multiculti groups who simply hate free market post-Christian civilisation which is Europe

+ http://niezalezna.pl/68744-naucza-dzihadystow-stoi-za-zamachami-w-tunezji-zyje-z-zasilkow-w-londynie

what Sudayev wrote before lol, islamist hate preacher lives from benefits in UK, has 50 000 Pounds and 5 kids, all on cost of UK taxpayer

-----

eidt:

article about political correctness and forced mariages according to Sharia in .. UK when muslims kidnap and slave women:

http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1356,title,Malzenstwa-wbrew-wlasnej-woli-plaga-w-Wielkiej-Brytanii,wid,17689142,wiadomosc.html

article on islamists terrorist tactic "lone wolf" how islamists changed their terrorism from big spectacular actions to "lone wolf" attacks in EU:

http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1329,title,Krzysztof-Liedel-muzulmanie-traktuja-nasze-panstwo-jako-przystanek-w-krajach-Unii-Europejskiej,wid,17690798,wiadomosc.html

Edited by vilas

Report: 45 ISIS fighters die after eating 'poisoned' aftar meal

Fighters reportedly broke day's Ramadan fast with meal in Mosul, died shortly after; previous reports about similar incidents were cast in doubt.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.664853

Bon appetit bastrds!

commies fighting for isis lol , but anyway it is good they have been arrested, because joining ISIS is joining criminal organization,

maybe commies in Spain contain also non-atheist but force-multiculti groups who simply hate free market post-Christian civilisation which is Europe

Read again.

The Spanish Communist were fighting AGAINST ISIS.

I guess that can be called "Poetical justice".

aha, my bad, sory, my mistake

non-native English mistake right fighting AGAINST not fighting WITH ;)

aha, my bad, sory, my mistake

non-native English mistake right fighting AGAINST not fighting WITH ;)

Yeah don't worry, I'm neither a native English speaker. In fact I speak 5 languages every day, so I also kind of make strange interpretations sometimes hah :D

our gramma is different and sometimes cause troubles,

our gramma knows for example double "no"

"nie, nie jadłem" "no, i haven't eaten nothing" while in ENG "no, i haven't eat anything"

"with" is harder sometimes cause i sometimes read it "along" not "against" due to our gramma in which "z" is "with someone" or "against someone" depending of rest

like i never understood what Metallica means in RE-LOAD album "than make me miss you" (song 5 or 6 on Reload) was Metallica meant "than make me not meet you anymore" or "than make me feel that i need you and i am missing you so much" because i can "miss train" or i can "miss someone whome i havent seen long but i love him"

ISIS have presented something that looks like presentation of their "special forces". It's more likely a propaganda movie for teenagers that are considering to join the ISIS ranks.

I also recommend watching Navy Seal analysis of the video presented by ISIS. It's kinda.... devastating :)

I also recommend watching Navy Seal analysis of the video presented by ISIS. It's kinda.... devastating :)

-Snip-

I love seeing videos like this, its always good that our guys can laugh at the enemy.

meanwhile mayor of London said wearing ISIS flag is okay

Not true. He said that he doesn't like it and that it would be quite difficult to legislate against it's use.

(The Independent) The Isis flag should not be banned because Britain is a 'free country', says Boris Johnson

The Isis flag should not be banned by law because Britain is a “free countryâ€, Boris Johnson has said.

The Mayor of London said he did not want to see the flag of the so-called Islamic State flying anywhere but said that banning it in law could prove unworkable.

“I don’t like people carrying the ISIS flag … I think a balance has got to be struck,†he LBC radio.

“We live in a free country and I think you’d have to have primary legislation to designate certain bits of iconography as being illegal. It would be quite difficult.â€

“Some government would come in and they’d say ‘Ferrari? I’m fed up with that guy! He’s banned’,†he said by way of example.

He compared flying the flag to wearing Nazi memorabilia, which is not explicitly illegal in the UK.

Not true. He said that he doesn't like it and that it would be quite difficult to legislate against it's use.

(The Independent) The Isis flag should not be banned because Britain is a 'free country', says Boris Johnson

But if we are truely at war with ISIS, then surely anyone flying the flag could be arrested as a potential enemy of the state. Or is this just further proof that this whole ISIS thing is part of the phoney war??

Dan;2966707']But if we are truely at war with ISIS' date=' then surely anyone flying the flag could be arrested as a potential enemy of the state. Or is this just further proof that this whole ISIS thing is part of the phoney war??[/quote']

I just copied the piece of news with his exact words (and video).

But as he says, in democracy to ban something you need to enact a law.

there is always law against those who are against state, if state has war, someone support enemy, there is always law about it,

for such crimes there is always paragraph like "betrial of state" or like this , in case of war-time punished by death in many countries

Edited by vilas