Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL/Daesh) Discussion

You have to differentiate between those leading/recruiting and those who follow. The first group is mostly composed of real believers and opportunists, the second group is often misslead and didn´t have any other meaningfull perspectives.

Check the backgrounds provided by the parents, family and friends of people going over there to join ISIS.

There's a common theme, Middle class to well off families, straight-A students, lots of friends, decent jobs.

The poor, lonely folks with no opportunities narrative doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Al-Qaeda was the same deal, doctors, lawyers, engineers, University grads, good family...etc.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

That must bee the most stupid thing I´ve seen all year.... So sad to see artifacts that survived the millenia destroyed by a bunch of idiots.

That's what Islam does, it's destroys, drags civilizations back into the 7th century.

The middle east was once the cradle of civilization, creating great things and then Islam showed up and everything stopped and started sliding backwards.

There's a bumper sticker that says, "Islam: Stuck on stupid since '622'".....

Meanwhile their greatest enemy is doing this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jewish_Nobel_laureates

That's what Islam does, it's destroys, drags civilizations back into the 7th century.

Interesting, until not so far ago Christianity also did that, even in some Christian countries that destruction is still present. In fact it wasn't until the 19th century that in Christian countries people respected much of old relics ( they even used some like the Colosseum and other ruins to build houses and so on... ).

While in the 1400s the Muslims had the best knowledge saved from the ancient times, that BTW Christians tried to burn...

BTW Muslims also have Nobel prize laureates:

List of Muslim Nobel laureates

Has it occurred to you that fanaticism is present in all religions?

Interesting, until not so far ago Christianity also did that, even in some Christian countries that destruction is still present. In fact it wasn't until the 19th century that in Christian countries people respected much of old relics ( they even used some like the Colosseum and other ruins to build houses and so on... ).

While in the 1400s the Muslims had the best knowledge saved from the ancient times, that BTW Christians tried to burn...

BTW Muslims also have Nobel prize laureates:

List of Muslim Nobel laureates

Has it occurred to you that fanaticism is present in all religions?

Read what you just wrote: "the best knowledge saved from the ancient times"

Meaning they did not create it. Someone else did before Islam showed up led by a violent warlord who married a 6 year old.

There is a grand total of 2 Muslims on that list of Nobel Laureates for sciences... impressive for a population of 1.5 Billion people compared to Jews who make up 0.2% of the worlds population (13.3 million)

have been chased and expelled from dozens of countries for 2000 years yet account for 24% of Nobel laureates in intellectual pursuits such as science and economics.

The rest are mostly people who were likely given the awards for political reasons. IE. Arafat

the same way parents give their kids a cookie so they stop screaming and stomping their feet.

As for comparing Islam to what Christianity did in the past, well that's the past. This is the year 2015.

with a few exceptions in Africa, we don't see Christians lopping off heads and stoning people.

The worst the west has is the Westboro Church and that's just a bunch of idiots screaming and holding signs.

Now back to Jihadi John,

This guy is trying to say that Jihadi John joined ISIS because security agencies didn't allow him to go on vacation and treated him poorly.

Ya, makes total sense, maybe he'd like to explain why Jihadi John was on their radar in the first place.

I'm shocked he didn't blame the jews, I'm sure CAGE does with their non-english speaking audience. That game doesn't go over well with English speakers.

T

Edited by jblackrupert

giving money and benefits to those ... is insane, they will only have more kids, grow them in quoranic schools and in 2040 you all gonna have cut throats if you not stop them untill you can

if someone wants job - he must have skills, not blackmail society and taxpayers to do terrorist acts

if White Christian would say "give me job, free of charge flat or i will make attack" he would end in prison, right ?

few days ago another Immam said that Earth is not round and doesn't turn around Sun

of course they want to put us into middleages and we should oppose them any means necessary to stop them

this is their knowledge:

http://i0.wp.com/blogs.nature.com/houseofwisdom/files/2013/01/Raywa-flat-earth-blog-picture1.jpg?resize=522%2C391

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/1f/aa/1353878892_8366_stupidity.jpg?itok=6nbuEPWl

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFkzDohCMAEp7LX.jpg:large

http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/BXB8QK1CUAAgjsz.jpg-large.jpeg

and do not compare middle ages Christianity with current time - we learned a lot - they not , they even try to turn back the wheel of history to middle ages, west washed with politicall correcntess a lot of people - they are killing you and you are feeling sorry for them and want to help them - it is far beyond any logic,

although they are right about 2 things - how to treat criminals and feminists , the most funny is that they would behead all those who are defending them - cause they would behead all LGTB (usually left wing saying about tollerance) and all non-conservative people first :D lol

a lot of people in the west miss basic survival instinct to take care about YOUR OWN culture, country, nation, religion, roots , kids etc. first before taking care about those who want to behead you because you were born

social benefits for them is utter bs, money doesnt come from nowhere , money come from TAXES , from our , working natives taxes!

those money will be taken from other needs , i am native, i work very hard nooone gonna give me anything,

they should end with quoranic schools and start to learn biology, chemistry, physics, math, history, culture of whole globe, if they want jobs, first of all they should learn our languages if they are in our countries, they should asimilate with us if they want to live here,

if they want to invade us like Ottoman Empire was doing for several centuries, we should use our armies

Edited by vilas

giving money and benefits to those ... is insane, they will only have more kids, grow them in quoranic schools and in 2040 you all gonna have cut throats if you not stop them untill you can

Australia is going to cut off the welfare payments and revoke citizenship of dual nationals.

Canada is thinking about doing the same thing.

Thankfully we have a Prime Minister who has the balls to call this what is is and make efforts to fight it unlike Obama and other leaders in Europe who can't even name the enemy

and like to call acts of terrorism "Workplace violence".

To be fair with European leaders though.

The shear numbers of Muslims in Europe (58 Million) and Geography is not on their side.

Canada, Australia and the USA are protected by 2 oceans and a lot less open ports.

The majority of Muslims are peaceful, but so were the Germans and Japanese and millions died in 2 world wars

the majority are irrelevant, All it takes is one guy with a bomb or a gun to do a lot of damage and then

melt back in to the larger population.

19 guys with box cutters took over 3 commercial jets and killed 3000 people on September 11, 2001.

Edited by jblackrupert

Seriously man, your words remind me of the anti-Jewish speeches in the late 30's in Germany.

I thought we were behind that in the Western World... Really low level.

Seriously man, your words remind me of the anti-Jewish speeches in the late 30's in Germany.

I thought we were behind that in the Western World... Really low level.

Post links to Jewish success = Nazi

Logic fail

Jihad: Translates to "Struggle"

Mein Kampf: Translates to "My struggle"

Coincidence?

Maybe you'd like to give an explanation as to why security forces were on this guys tail in the first place?

Edited by jblackrupert

Post links to Jewish success = Nazi

Logic fail

I'm aware you found that sentence difficult and you need some clarification: by your words, I meant, your words... not your links.

Hate words against million of people indiscriminately, are just that, hate words, no matter to who they are directed at. A proof of lack of education and basic culture.

I'm aware you found that sentence difficult and you need some clarification: by your words, I meant, your words... not your links.

Hate words against million of people indiscriminately, are just that, hate words, no matter to who they are directed at. A proof of lack of education and basic culture.

1.5 Billion Muslims: 2 Nobel prize winners in science

13.3 Million jews: over 100 in science and finance, intellectual pursuits.

Blowing up Buddha's and burning books in Afghanistan... now Iraq and likely other places.

Women forced to wear tents.

I can go on and on.

There is a pattern, all the mental gymnastics in the world are not going to change the overwhelming evidence that Islam is a religion and political system

that drags people and civilizations backwards, not forward.

============

Update on the guy at CAGE calling Jihadi John a poor victim of MI5 harassment.

Mr. Qureshi's world is going to start getting a little bit smaller.

Edited by jblackrupert

A proof of lack of education and basic culture.

what about Sharia law ?

what about demonstrations that demanded to replace democratic election with Sharia ?

what about feudal structure of their societies which keep feudalistic medival structure , some even have slavery ?

what about replacing scientific stuff in schools by religion ?

what about hanging LGTB ?

what about burning faces by acid ?

what about "tollerance" you so love to Christians in Saudi Arabia ? can you build church in Saudi Arabia ? what about death penalty for wearing bikini ?

what about forbidding kinds of food because of irrational (not medical) reasons ? the only reason to forbid kind of food can be medical (health) reason not "because god told so" (yet noone proven there is something like god)

WHAT ABOUT DEATH PENALTY FOR APOSTASY !!!

what about people being killed for apostasy or conversion to Christianity or Buddism ?

Hate words

ya meant this ?: maybe you should go and defend church against some feminists who burn or piss on bible (with applause of everyone around) ? what would you say about hate to those who have death sentence because they made apostasy or converted to Christianity ?

6a00d8341c01ff53ef00e54f33b51b8834-640wi.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-2886801/Mauritania-issues-apostasy-death-sentence.html

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Islam_and_Apostasy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam

i can find list of people executed for apostasy,

in Christian state which is my country - noone wants to kill me because i am atheist, in Saudi Arabia i would be tortured and beheaded long time ago and i cannot forgive that my "counterparts" in their countries suffer just because they do not believe in bullshit about creatures sitting on the cloud

Edited by vilas

(BBC News) Iraqi forces seek to encircle IS fighters in Tikrit

Some 30,000 soldiers and militiamen from the Popular Mobilisation (Hashid Shaabi) force, backed by Iraqi jets and helicopters, have advanced gradually since the offensive began on Monday.
Iranian General Qasem Soleimani, commander of the Revolutionary Guards' Quds Force, was said on Tuesday to have been directing operations from near the frontline east of Tikrit.

He was seen alongside the leader of the Popular Mobilisation, Abu Mahdi al-Mohandis, and Transport Minister Hadi al-Amiri, who heads the powerful Badr Organisation.

Iranian troops are also reportedly operating artillery, rocket launchers and aerial drones.

Gen Martin Dempsey, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, said the Tikrit campaign signalled a new level of Iranian involvement but added that it could turn out to be "a positive thing".

We now see a very direct involvement of Iran in the fight against IS.

I think they have been involved directly for a long time in various aspects in the recent middle east turmoil, strange times when it appears they seem to be playing a type of tag team with their other 'Arch foe' against a common enemy, it would be beneficial if the Sunni do not see this as a direct threat of any sort, it's hard to imagine they would considering what appears to be the only other option, it seems a lot hinges on this battle in so many ways.

Well, I wouldn´t want to be a part of the Islamic state if one day Japanese troops come knocking on their door.....

I read once about Japanese nationalist societies and groups to avenge two Japanese citizens killed in disgraceful way. The spirit of bushido is strong and revenge is a serious act for them, so sooner or later... Among such groups is Kokuryūkai - The Black Dragon Society, right wing group with international ties that operates like an intelligence agency. On paper this group is illegal, but not in real. They have ties with Yakuza and other powerful organizations.

Just simply wrong, as they said on the vid, irreversible damage, were talking ancient history artifacts destroyed and cannot be replaced, this is stupid insanity,

because these guys are just going to piss more people, countries, organizations off so much that isis will find themselves attacked and killed by more enemies on more fronts.

This will be like WW2 all over again, Hitler did almost the same thing, wiping out whole towns and destroying significant cultural buildings, and of course stupid enough

to open 2 fronts on him, back then it was whole armies with full fledged air, tank, sea, pretty much everything, this isis crap is nothing but guerrilla warfare.

Nice vid Tonci87.

Imo Im with the one guy that says Japan shouldn't do anything, sure its a disgrace and i agree but these 2 guys went over there and got caught, it be like if one

of my family decided to go over there to make money from whatever, got caught and then got killed, ya I'd be pissed, i'd prob want revenge, but then you also got

to think that going over there knowing whats happening and the high possibility of getting caught especially as a foreigner and of all countries that your looking to commit suicide,

its your decision that got you into your situation, and the family, adn whomever else of these 2 Japanese guys should of known what the 2 guys were getting into,

so hate to say it but its their own fault.

As for Japanese doing something against ISIS more specifically underground groups, id be for all that.

Its funny how they get all these vids from all these places where ISIS is gathered in huge masses yet with all our technology and smarts, and superior this, and spy

this and that we could have easily dropped a massive bomb wiped a good portion of them out, or better yet sabotage them from the inside,

these guys are like roaches, you kill one expect 7 more to replace it.

Yes, those right wing Japanese are still celebrating WW2 guys who committed war crimes.

Seriously...I'd worry more about the growing neo-nazi/Bandera sympathizers in Ukraine, Russian revisionists and Germany's Geschichtspolitik rather than distant fans of Japanese imperialism.

Edited by Sudayev

Seriously...I'd worry more about the growing neo-nazi/Bandera sympathizers in Ukraine, Russian revisionists and Germany's Geschichtspolitik rather than distant fans of Japanese imperialism.

That's the same kind of worrying move, even if it is a little far from your Eastern European concerns.

Nothing compared to paranoid Mr Kim and his nuclear toys that can turn Seul and Tokyo into pile of ashes and rubble