BadHabitz

PG Services (PMC)

Still having issues with the bikey for my server. Though I have everything done properly.

Update:

I am no longer developing this mod. Arma 3 is my favorite multiplayer game. Unfortunately, due to my work/life schedule, it makes it difficult to attend scheduled milsim activities. When I do find a group that I might be able to swing some time with, there's always something that turns me off to them. I think it comes from leading my own groups on two different occasions, where I don't put up with choices I don't agree with.

As a result, I am no longer playing A3 regularly, if at all. I'll probably jump back in when Tanoa hits, but to what extent I don't know. 

This also means that I don't want to continue working on PG Services. Like I said before, it's been a long time since I even actively used my own mod in my game sessions. My last few milsim groups were military units who don't use PMC mods. So all of my updates for the last 6-9 months were done only for you, the end-user.

But do not fret...

I've given all of the PG Services assets to jonpas, and he is going to fix errors and bring the mod up to the current version of Arma 3. Although, he will rebrand the mod with a new name, which means the PG Services brand will be no more. The release of the rebranded mod will be according to his schedule, so I can't give you an estimate.

Thanks again for following and using this mod. I have always appreciated the kind words and honest feedback.

• Like 3

First of all thanks BadHabitz and previous PG Services developers and maintainers for letting me use the assets and even rebrand them.

Now on to the schedule, it's hard to say when it'll be, can be in under a month, can be more. I have the majority done, uniforms with characters and vehicles are left to do. I am completely reworking the configs, fixing all the errors on the way and so on.

Additionally, the mod under a new name Theseus Services (named after my community as I am primarily doing this for our use) is already hosted in private repository on GitHub, it will be completely open-source under GNU GPLv2 license (with obviously public repository) shortly before the release.

I have plans to use it for at least 2 weeks in Theseus Inc. community for testing and making sure all runs smoothly before releasing it to the public.

This topic will get a bump with a link to the new mod when it's released.

Does that mean anybody may modify PG Service mod?

P. S. I fixed all configs entries + cba xeh support added + switched to RHS weapons + armor fix 1.54 sometime ago but didn't release not to break license. Just don't know should I release it, or send to jonpas (if you need them?) or just wait Theseus Services?

• Like 1

Yes, according to GNU GPLv2, which means you have to have your changes available to public as well under the same license. You won't be modifying PG Services though, it's technically a different mod, just models and textures are the same and some modified.

Theseus Services is right now dependant on CBA due to a handful if macros I use, but I am planning to remove that dependency before release as well (next CBA version also won't need any special handling due to rewritten XEH system).

I don't need the fixes, BadHabitz can tell you if it's fine to release it.

• Like 2

Anyone can post links to updated configs. They're just not official, and are to be used at your own risk.

Once jonpas is done I will be asking Armaholic and PwS to discontinue the dissemination of PG Services entirely. If it's mildly broken now, and no work is to be done in the future, there's no need to have a broken product (that will continue to be more and more broken as A3 progresses) having a download available.

Here we go: https://mega.nz/#!vFtSwbzA!znJIgsfc-ZrJYdEmX6o-cixxP_S4EGiLpK8Z6QJjvu4
Unofficial release of PG Services (ruPal edit). Let it be the 0.1 version.

Fixed:
- armor values for 1.54 update;
- fixed config inheritance;
- fixed CBA XEH compatibility (added CBA dependency);

- switched to RHS weapons (added RHS dependency);

- [PG] added to displaynames (all PG stuff in one block in Arsenal);
- probably, other stuff that I don't really remember.

Dependencies:
- CBA
- RHS: USAF
- RHS: AFRF

I made that for my mod pack some time ago. Didn't change classnames, hope it will give full backward compatibility. That mod fix gives time to players, mission and mod makers to switch to mod successor - Theseus Services (till it's release).

P. S. There is a permission from BadHabitz to release that unofficial mod, but it is denied to make a separate thread. PM me with issues if there is any.

• Like 3

Update:

I am no longer developing this mod. Arma 3 is my favorite multiplayer game. Unfortunately, due to my work/life schedule, it makes it difficult to attend scheduled milsim activities. When I do find a group that I might be able to swing some time with, there's always something that turns me off to them. I think it comes from leading my own groups on two different occasions, where I don't put up with choices I don't agree with.

As a result, I am no longer playing A3 regularly, if at all. I'll probably jump back in when Tanoa hits, but to what extent I don't know. 

This also means that I don't want to continue working on PG Services. Like I said before, it's been a long time since I even actively used my own mod in my game sessions. My last few milsim groups were military units who don't use PMC mods. So all of my updates for the last 6-9 months were done only for you, the end-user.

But do not fret...

I've given all of the PG Services assets to jonpas, and he is going to fix errors and bring the mod up to the current version of Arma 3. Although, he will rebrand the mod with a new name, which means the PG Services brand will be no more. The release of the rebranded mod will be according to his schedule, so I can't give you an estimate.

Thanks again for following and using this mod. I have always appreciated the kind words and honest feedback.

Such as shame to hear this, but i can appreciate your decision. I have also face the same difficulties with my own work/life schedule. At the end of the day addon making is a hobby and other things sometimes need to come first. Work/life balance is always hard to achieve. Hope to see you back in Tanoa and hopefully with a different addon :) 

• Like 1

Is there a way to get rid of the RHS requirement? It's far too big for our clients to just be downloaded just to use this equipment.

Is there a way to get rid of the RHS requirement? It's far too big for our clients to just be downloaded just to use this equipment.

Its an unofficial update so you will have to wait for Jonpas new update to his PMC group. 

• Like 1

That unofficial release was made for my group. Just saw messages in that thread and realized that should share with other players. Just wait for Theseus Services from Jonpas.

Alright, sounds fair.

I suppose I could easily do it myself, but then, an official version will probably be there in a few days.

It won't be in a few days, read my post above.

Hey I have a few 3d models of SUV's I purchased and planned on making into a PMC vehicle pack but never got around to learn how to add them into Arma if you want them, There's a Chevy Suburban, Range Rover and Toyota Sequoia

Hey I have a few 3d models of SUV's I purchased and planned on making into a PMC vehicle pack but never got around to learn how to add them into Arma if you want them, There's a Chevy Suburban, Range Rover and Toyota Sequoia

Community Upgrade Project may use them they are recreating ION PMC from A2? 

Sure if you have the models I might get around to it one day, definitely not first release through.

Repository got open to public: https://github.com/Theseus-Aegis/TheseusServices

I aim for 0.9.0 release next week (just UI pictures and randomization is missing), this will be prerelease for testing in my community (but you can snatch it of course if you want to help), then 1.0.0 release about 2 or 3 weeks later when I'll have time again. That's also when a dedicated forum topic will be made and the mod properly announced.

• Like 5