BadHabitz

PG Services (PMC)

Oh man I've spent way more time playing with invisible helmets than I should've. Thank God I checked the thread.

Maybe you could post the hotfix in the download page, as a separate and optional download. That way more people would notice it.

I'll be working on a new update in the next few days. Until then, I can add a link for the hotfix to the first post, once I get a chance.

Hi BadHabitz,  just wanted to pass on a big thanks for your work on this mod.  I've been using it as a base for my arma 3 gameplay for some time now.  Really great stuff.

I have a couple of questions if that's alright.   The first, is there a way to donate to support this mod?  Do you foresee ever using the steam workshop to distribute this mod? 

And lastly,  I know this has been mentioned once before in the past (quoted below)...  I'm using the 02AUG version obtained from armaholic.  I'm finding that the AI field medic doesnt seem to proactively heal injured.  He'll treat teammates if I direct him to, but doesnt seem to take care of things on his own as experienced with defail arma AI medics...  I can confirm I am not using any addon or moded medical system...

The Medic and Engineer stuff is an easy fix. All this will be fixed soon. {After a look under the hood, the units have the proper values, so the medic and technician should work in this current version}.

Thanks for your time,  and again fantastic work on this mod!  Easily one of my favorites.

Hi BadHabitz,  just wanted to pass on a big thanks for your work on this mod.  I've been using it as a base for my arma 3 gameplay for some time now.  Really great stuff.

I have a couple of questions if that's alright.   The first, is there a way to donate to support this mod?  Do you foresee ever using the steam workshop to distribute this mod? 

And lastly,  I know this has been mentioned once before in the past (quoted below)...  I'm using the 02AUG version obtained from armaholic.  I'm finding that the AI field medic doesnt seem to proactively heal injured.  He'll treat teammates if I direct him to, but doesnt seem to take care of things on his own as experienced with defail arma AI medics...  I can confirm I am not using any addon or moded medical system...

Thanks for your time,  and again fantastic work on this mod!  Easily one of my favorites.

Thanks, and I apologize for not responding sooner. I somehow missed your post.

There is no way to support this mod. I do it for free, as did my predecessor. That will not change, but thanks for the sentiment.

I've been thinking about Steam. I'll look into what the requirements are from a technical standpoint.

I'll look into the medics. Not sure why they don't act like regular medics, but I'll try to unravel the mystery.

Thanks again

• Like 1

Thanks, and I apologize for not responding sooner. I somehow missed your post.

There is no way to support this mod. I do it for free, as did my predecessor. That will not change, but thanks for the sentiment.

I've been thinking about Steam. I'll look into what the requirements are from a technical standpoint.

I'll look into the medics. Not sure why they don't act like regular medics, but I'll try to unravel the mystery.

Thanks again

Pretty sure arma 3 medics need told to treat wounded. There are some mods/scripts available to make them do it automatically. Just an arma thing I think.

Hey could u plz make the units side west? I am using bons recruit script and fighting other units from leights opfor whose side ind too. Or would it be as easy for me to just change?

Hey could u plz make the units side west? I am using bons recruit script and fighting other units from leights opfor whose side ind too. Or would it be as easy for me to just change?

Perhaps I can. 

Update sent to PWS and Armaholic. Both services should reflect the change once processed.

Revision 24SEP15
  • Added BLUFOR version of all units, vehicles and groups.
  • Moved 'M4, M4/M203, M249' units and groups to 'pg_services_pmc_weapons.pbo'
  • Updated replacement configs to work with new BLUFOR units.
  • Included fix for invisible ballistic helmet.

The biggest change from this update is PG Services is now somewhat configurable.

Option #1: You like PG Services units with MX weapons and other units with M4 weapons included in this mod = Install as usual.

Option #2: You like PG Services units with MX weapons and do not like the M4 weapons included in this mod = Install, but delete 'pg_services_pmc_weapons'.

Option #3: You do not like PG Services units with MX weapons or the M4 weapons, and use a different weapon mod = Install, delete 'pg_services_pmc_weapons' and move the appropriate pbo from the 'optional' folder to the "@PG_Services/addons" folder.

Option #3: You do not like PG Services units with MX weapons or the M4 weapons, and use a different weapon mod = Install, delete 'pg_services_pmc_weapons' and move the appropriate pbo from the 'optional' folder to the "@PG_Services/addons" folder.

I removed the weapons pbo and added "pg_services_hlc" pbo as we play with HLC. That resulted in the following warning on game startup: Warning Message: Addon 'PG_Services_HLC' requires addon 'PG_SERVICES_PMC_WEAPONS_UNITS'

In config.cpp of "pg_services_hlc", "PG_SERVICES_PMC_WEAPONS_UNITS" is indeed listed under requiredAddons.

I removed the weapons pbo and added "pg_services_hlc" pbo as we play with HLC. That resulted in the following warning on game startup: Warning Message: Addon 'PG_Services_HLC' requires addon 'PG_SERVICES_PMC_WEAPONS_UNITS'

In config.cpp of "pg_services_hlc", "PG_SERVICES_PMC_WEAPONS_UNITS" is indeed listed under requiredAddons.

If you add "PG_SERVICES_PMC_UNITS" to CfgPatches>requiredAddons in the replacement pbo, I'm thinking that should fix the problem.

It was a big shift, adding BLUFOR units and moving half of the units to a different pbo, but I guess I missed one thing.

Updated replacements: I'll update the whole mod in a few days. Want to see if there are other reported errors first. 

How will that fix anything, "PG_SERVICES_PMC_WEAPONS_UNITS" will still be missing. I also don't see any PBO "PG_SERVICES_PMC_UNITS".

I haven´t deleted anything, just ADDED the optional HLC replacement, and everything is fine..no errors whatsoever.. BadHabbit I think you´ve confused yourself on the explanation on how to use your own mod (yes, I´m talking of the latest update on 24th spet)... no need to delete, just add the chosen optional addons =D

cheers!

This mod has two flavors of units for INDEP and BLUFOR. There are the 'vanilla' units (using vanilla weapons) and 'modded' units (using modded weapons).

The replacement pbo's overwrite the weapons of the 'vanilla' units. That's why you can then delete the weapons pbo, because you don't need the 'modded' units or the mod weapons, which are in that pbo. Think of the weapons pbo as a mod for the mod. You can run the mod without the weapons pbo and just have units with vanilla weapons. 

The 'requiredAddons[] = {};' is the cfgPatches name of the configs that you're overwriting for the replacement. In this case we're overwriting the PG_SERVICES_PMC_UNITS cfgPatches, because that's where the 'vanilla' units are. PG_SERVICES_PMC_WEAPONS_UNITS is the cfgPatches class name of the config where the 'modded' units are. The replacements are looking for the WEAPONS_UNITS because you deleted the weapons pbo. 

Try a replacement from this file and see if it works. I just fixed them. Should now work the way I wanted it to.

Yes I know how requiredAddons work and I got a little bit carried away of the standard I (and ACE3) uses to name the PBO same as it's CfgPatches, sorry about that.

I would test and report back, but the file you linked only contains one bisign. :)

I would test and report back, but the file you linked only contains one bisign. :)

Eek, not sure how that packed with only one file. The previous links have been fixed.

The latest replacement PBOs work perfectly, looking forward to the update, thanks!

First off, just wanna say how grateful I am for this mod, it's been a glorious saving grace for my group trying to run PMC styled missions.

Recently though, we have started verifying signatures on our server and run into this annoying issue:

8lT9YJg.jpg

I literally uploaded the exact files from my PC to the server, and properly placed the server key, our other mods are not having this issue.

Any idea why this might be happening, and if it's just my fault?

That's strange. I've never had a complaint about the key so far, and it's the same key I've been using since before I started working on this mod.

Try this key

Even though it's the same key I've always used, reformatting my PC a few times seems to have altered the time stamp of the keys. The key and private key are the same time (11:34pm) , but the key I supplied in the pack is exactly 7 hours behind (4:34pm). I've only created it once, so I have no idea how it happened. I'm pretty sure the key in the link will work.

the bisign files included in the download are too small (only 294 bytes) and are probably v1 bisign files

i.e. most likely you've used really old tools for signing

I'll see about packing the next version with the newest tool.

Loving this mod, our PMC group would be nowhere without it. Any chance of adding some tahoe/suburban style SUVs? I saw there were some hints about them last year but nothing yet?

Thanks

Loving this mod, our PMC group would be nowhere without it. Any chance of adding some tahoe/suburban style SUVs? I saw there were some hints about them last year but nothing yet?

Thanks

Thanks for using PG Services!

I thought someone would have released a version of the A2 SUV/Suburban by now. I gave it a try but ran into the limits of my knowledge. Right now I don't have the time to go back and start that process over again. As far as the teased picture of a custom vehicle, that's on the shelf indefinitely. My partner in that project has too much on his plate to work on that until well into next year.

1. Updating base class warnings are still present, and on quite "dangerous" classes as well:

Updating base class CAManBase->SoldierGB, by pg_services_pmc_config\characters\pmc\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SoldierWB/
Updating base class SoldierGB->SoldierWB, by pg_services_pmc_config\characters\pmc\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I_Soldier_base_F/
Updating base class H_HelmetB_plain_mcamo->ItemCore, by pg_services_pmc_config\gear\config.bin/cfgWeapons/H_HelmetB_plain_blk/

Those should be easy fix, just check inheritance in vanilla and mirror it.

2. Updating base class warnings from HLC replacement PBO:

Updating base class ->hlc_ar15_base, by hlc_wp_AR15\config.bin/CfgWeapons/hlc_rifle_RU556/
Updating base class ->hlc_rifle_RU556, by hlc_wp_AR15\config.bin/CfgWeapons/hlc_rifle_RU5562/
Updating base class ->hlc_ar15_base, by hlc_wp_AR15\config.bin/CfgWeapons/hlc_rifle_bcmjack/
Updating base class ->hlc_ar15_base, by hlc_wp_AR15\config.bin/CfgWeapons/hlc_rifle_Colt727/
Updating base class ->hlc_rifle_Colt727, by hlc_wp_AR15\config.bin/CfgWeapons/hlc_rifle_Colt727_GL/
Updating base class ->hlc_rifle_M14, by hlc_wp_m14\config.bin/CfgWeapons/hlc_rifle_m14sopmod/
Updating base class ->hlc_M60e4_base, by hlc_wp_m60E4\config.bin/CfgWeapons/hlc_lmg_M60E4/

There are 2 reasons for this:

- Replacement PBO does NOT have HLC CfgPatches entry in requiredAddons, it should as that forces HLC to load first, which means PG Services can use HLC classes and update them.

- (Above might fix that as well, not sure) HLC weapons inheritance is wrong (using latest HLC).

3. I've tested the keys as well, you are actually using v1 signs, not sure how and why, previous version had standard v2 sign.

Here is the Check signatures tool (Arma 3 Tools -> DSUtils -> Check signatures) output of 24SEP15 (latest) release and the newest HLC replacement PBO:

Warning: Signature <path>\@PG_Services_test\addons\pg_services_hlc.pbo.BadHabitz.bisign is deprecated!
Warning: Signature <path>\@PG_Services_test\addons\pg_services_pmc.pbo.BadHabitz.bisign is deprecated!
Warning: Signature <path>\@PG_Services_test\addons\pg_services_pmc_config.pbo.BadHabitz.bisign is deprecated!
Warning: Signature <path>\@PG_Services_test\addons\pg_services_pmc_patches.pbo.BadHabitz.bisign is deprecated!

And here is the ouput with previous 02AUG15 (previous) version and HLC replacement PBO of that version:

No error

I checked both new and old PBOs with both keys (the one that comes with previous release and the one that comes with latest release), both keys are totally fine and exactly the same. The problem is with the signs, they are signed using v1 encryption instead of v2, it appears your tool went crazy or you just used the wrong one this time around. :)