BadHabitz

PG Services (PMC)

My previous post has been updated with the proper Armaholic link. Class Names, Credits and Version ID changed in the original post.

As always, feedback and bug reports are welcome.

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 ----------

I really wish you'd communicate with me before you host this mod, to make sure you have the correct version. I can send you the updated version download link at the same time I send it to Armaholic, but you didn't reply to my private message yesterday.

Thanks again for sending us the newest version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey BadHabitz!

Checking right now!

You have any plan to expand the MX re-texture to the MXSW e MXM variants?

Hey BadHabitz!

Checking right now!

You have any plan to expand the MX re-texture to the MXSW e MXM variants?

I have no plans to re-texture any of the MX weapons past what's already done.

:D I't would be nice to have a soldier with a 3/4 pants, just an idea you should think about

Wait...do you mean capris?

Who says soldiers can't be fabulooos?! I'm kidding, obviously. Maybe he means shorts (I know it's 1/2 but still)?

Changed to license APL-SA. Please respect it.

Hello,

Do you plan to update the offroad so we can shoot on the rear of the vehicle?

As for the group's logo to be displayed, because currently it is not displayed (tested on armed Version)

Thank you for the job.

Hey guys recently armaholic banned some ip countries, so with this we can have maybe some mirror links? like mega or dropbox?

Hello,

Do you plan to update the offroad so we can shoot on the rear of the vehicle?

As for the group's logo to be displayed, because currently it is not displayed (tested on armed Version)

Thank you for the job.

You can't shoot from the back? The vehicle inherits from the standard Offroad, so if that works then the PG Services versions should work as well.

There are no logos on the Offroads. This allows all groups to use the vehicles if they want. Story-wise, clients provide much of the equipment, so they're not going to have vehicles with logos.

Hey guys recently armaholic banned some ip countries, so with this we can have maybe some mirror links? like mega or dropbox?

I think this mod is also distributed by PlayWithSix, but I'm not sure, because they're never contacted me or replied to my private messages. I don't plan on releasing it any other way at the moment. Perhaps Steam Workshop in the future, but that's not certain.

What is the faction name for PMC to feed into ALiVE for the AI commander?

I'm collaborating with a friend to make a 3 faction mission and want the PMC to represent one of them.

We have tried several iterations of the name pomi_pmc but ALiVE always says there's no units in the pool.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

What is the faction name for PMC to feed into ALiVE for the AI commander?

I'm collaborating with a friend to make a 3 faction mission and want the PMC to represent one of them.

We have tried several iterations of the name pomi_pmc but ALiVE always says there's no units in the pool.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

'PG_Services' should be correct. The information on this page is outdated.

class CfgFactionClasses {
class PG_Services {
	displayName = "PG Services (PMC)";
	priority = 1;
	side = 2;
	icon = "\PG_Services_PMC_config\Characters\PMC\cfgfactionclasses_pgs.paa";
};
};

Edit: The ALiVE wiki page has been updated to the correct class name for the PG Services faction.

Edited by BadHabitz

Confirmed that worked!

the Faction name is PG_Services

thanks a bunch!

Good. I've posted to the Alive thread to get their wiki changed to reflect the correct information.

Update to original post; near the bottom

Weapon replacement packs: If you want PG Services units to use weapons from popular mods

DOWNLOAD : Combined Replacement Pack. Individual files for all six weapons mods.

DOWNLOAD : RobertHammer's RH M4/M16 pack

DOWNLOAD : RHS: Escalation (AFRF and USAF)

DOWNLOAD : HLC "Toadie's SmallArms and Animations for Arma3"

DOWNLOAD : Massi's NATO SF and Russian Spetsnaz WEAPONS for A3

DOWNLOAD : Community Upgrade Project - Weapon Pack

DOWNLOAD : EricJ Weapons Pack

=================== INSTRUCTIONS ===================

1. Place "PG_Services_***.pbo" and "PG_Services_***.pbo.BadHabitz.bisign" (the matching pair) into your "Arma 3/PG_Services/addons" folder.

2. Leave "config.cpp" alone, unless you know what you're doing.

3. Delete NOTHING. This replaces unit weapons, but no FILES need to be replaced, just added.

====================================================

======================== FAQ =======================

Q: I use multiple weapon mods. Can I use more than one replacement file at one time?

A: No. Pick which one you want. If you use more than one it will not nuke your game, but I can not guarantee the outcome.

Q: I don't like your choice of optics. Will you make a custom file with the optics I want?

A: No. Please don't ask. I've included the source file so you can make changes if you'd like.

Q: Will you teach me the arcane arts of writing configs so I can alter your files?

A: No. Config help from the community can be found at http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?170-ARMA-3-ADDONS-Configs-amp-Scripting

Q: Can you make a weapon replacement file for my private mod?

A: No.

Q: Can you make a weapon replacement file for the ______________ weapons mod?

A: If there's enough interest then I can make something for the community.

=================== UNINSTALL ======================

1. Delete "PG_Services_***.pbo" and "PG_Services_***.pbo.BadHabitz.bisign" (the matching pair) from your "Arma 3/PG_Services/addons" folder.

Edited by BadHabitz

Looks good BH! This will be much appreciated by the community.

How's the porting of the A2 pmc vics coming btw? Still further down the line?

Looks good BH! This will be much appreciated by the community.

How's the porting of the A2 pmc vics coming btw? Still further down the line?

I thought that CUP Vehicles was getting close to releasing, and the PMC SUVs should be a part of that. If it's not soon I'll have to take another stab at it.

On the custom content front, sykoCrazy tells me he's resumed work on the truck I teased a few pages back. I'm more looking forward to that than going back and porting A2 stuff. But who knows...

Thanks for the headsup about the release mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Cool mod, however, it seems to break savegames since the last update, or is it just my system?

Cool mod, however, it seems to break savegames since the last update, or is it just my system?

I guess it's possible that if you use PG Services units and have a saved game, that changing the weapons of the units would cause a problem. Try it with a fresh game and see if it works okay. I don't have any saved games to test it with, as I primarily play multiplayer co-op.

edit: Or if you're talking about the last full version update (and not the weapon replacement packs), I don't know how changes can have an effect on saved games.

Edited by BadHabitz