zapat

setAperture doesn't reset?

I'd like to use custom setAperture in my mission.

My problem is that it won't reset if I exit the mission: it stays the last value forever. Is it a bug?

Is there a way around this? I couldn't find any EHs for ESCing from a mission so that I could set it to -1 myself...

I've made the same experience but in a campaign environment. Changes in aperture were carried on to the next mission. Nothing helped but to set it back to -1 manually (i.e. right before ending the mission).

:(

Setting it back manually doesn't prevent the user exiting the mission whenever. Which will left it unhandled, meaning it is carried over (thus breaking) his other missions.

Ah, darn, it seems like they've just closed an already existing ticket without solution on this issue: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=2775

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 PM ----------

I've opened up another one: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=20844

could you use onplayerdisconnected stacked eventhandler to cover until the bug is fixed?

it should reset the aperture when leaving the mission either by quitting or it ending. just theory not used them before, just read it somewhere that the player disconnect was in the EH.

Hello guys, I'm digging up this old thread because it's the most descriptive one.

I found out that the aperture setting DOES reset when leaving a mission and getting to the main menu.

It does not reset when you return to 3DEN editor from previewing the mission but it resets then too when leaving the editor and going back to the main menu.

Can you confirm this?

EDIT:
It seems that my assumptions are only partly correct. It does only reset in the main menu background cut scenes - it seems that BI has set aperture to -1 at the start of these. Very smart :f:.

If the player loads Arma with the parameter "Show static background in menu" activated though, the aperture is not reset. BUT at least the menu elements (buttons, pictures, etc.) are shown normally. Only the background itself is white.

As I see it this is already an improvement.

But BI should automatically reset it when the player leaves a mission.

Aperture resets on mission start. As simple as that. It doesn't reset on return to 3DEN. Should it? Yes. So why doesn't it? I don't think any of you can handle the truth..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Should it? Yes. So why doesn't it? I don't think any of you can handle the truth..

Had a good laugh at that one :icon_biggrin: However even the thruth being unbearable it will set us all free...

7 minutes ago, killzone_kid said:

Aperture resets on mission start. As simple as that.

Ok, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Undeceived said:

Had a good laugh at that one :icon_biggrin: However even the thruth being unbearable it will set us all free...

If I tell you I will have to ... you know

This almost sounds you're teasing some new and still unreleased game feature here? :p

Just now, Undeceived said:

So are you teasing some new and still unreleased game feature here? :)

Let's just say non reset in 3den is logged. "When" and "if" it will be fixed nobody knows because things are done on priority basis. This issue would probably be quite low on scale from 1 to 10 ;)

Yeah, thought so too...

At least it resets on mission start - if I remember correctly this wasn't always the case. This is more important than the reset in 3den.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

10 minutes ago, Undeceived said:

This is more important than the reset in 3den.

Yeah. This is more of an inconvenience, while non-reset in mission was quite bad, so it was fixed first.