cirav

Map Imrali Island

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Cirav, I regularly play on your map doing some MCC missions...

Thanks for the update Cirav,

Imrali is a rare little gem of an island, small but highly detailed, quite beautiful.

Best of luck with MANW......

Wake Island is/has just blown my mind, a frickin' masterpiece! Inspiring stuff indeed. I'm off to make a mission!

Edited by evil-organ

When I was in NTC years ago it was like that, for real, even with NVGs. Even in Afghanistan it can get to dark as shit (with NVGs) to the moonlight is so bright that you don't need NVGs in the middle of the night. So if that's a touch of realism to the island then I'm for it.

That's great news. Did you manage to improve a bit lightings ? In 1.0, the nights are very very dark, sometimes even with NVGoggles you can't see shit. As a consequence we were forced to play our night missions with full moon.

This is the opposite of my experience.. the light is deffinatly off though.. Lights are To bright on this map. a street lamp lights up a very large area. NVG's are useless because everything is too bright with them on..

at least that is my experience on this map. other then the lighting its a great map.

First of all congratulations to the creator of this great little island, a perfect AO for an infiltration, rescue or escape mission from prison.

I am totally agree with the issue of light's problem , forcing artificial lights to burn the image (streetlights , spotlights , fog , etc ) .

Another serious problem is that the AI ​​ignores certain barriers , when they are patrolling the perimeter they traverse the fences like David Copperffield!!!! :eek:

I hope that it can be solved soon, I am waiting for it to finish one mission edition.

THANKS!!!!

So... As it was updated to the v 1.1 version, a lot of random objects (shipping containers and what not) was added in. Not only were new things added in; but the remaining objects/structures on the communication tower hill have been moved around. This makes the base that I had built on scene completely useless, as random portaloos, containers and piles of timbers are blocking the way and all new buildings are appearing in the middle of my placed objects.

Nothing about this change was warned. It is kind of annoying and sad to be honest. Let this be a lesson for the creator: NEVER alter that much to a map as it has been released. Do that in the testing stages.

Hey Cirav, thanks for the map, really enjoy the atmosphere and detail. Just wanted to give you a heads up, there's a small crate clipping into one of the barracks buildings in the port area, you might want to give it a scoot about 1 meter north.

@Valrokofficial he doesn't owe any of us anything, its his map, his artistic license, he can change what he wants. You can move your objects, or you can use the old version. But keep the bitchy attitude to yourself.

@Valrokofficial he doesn't owe any of us anything, its his map, his artistic license, he can change what he wants. You can move your objects, or you can use the old version. But keep the bitchy attitude to yourself.

+1

I for one am just happy that someone is making good quality Arma 3 islands.

So... As it was updated to the v 1.1 version, a lot of random objects (shipping containers and what not) was added in. Not only were new things added in; but the remaining objects/structures on the communication tower hill have been moved around. This makes the base that I had built on scene completely useless, as random portaloos, containers and piles of timbers are blocking the way and all new buildings are appearing in the middle of my placed objects.

Nothing about this change was warned. It is kind of annoying and sad to be honest. Let this be a lesson for the creator: NEVER alter that much to a map as it has been released. Do that in the testing stages.

Use an old version then and go away. Thank you.

Did some walking around at night and despite the lack of moonlight it was easy to move around in, nice work!

Hi Cirav. Thanks very much for a great little island, I appreciate the work you've put into it.

I'll chime in with the other comments on this thread and say that the night lighting config definitely needs a bit of work. I personally love the darker night sky but any artificial lights such as weapon lights, headlights etc are insanely bright at night.

The other minor quibble I have is that all of the trees are in the same orientation. For instance in the olive groves all of the olive trees are the exact same model in the exact same orientation. It sounds like nitpicking but once you notice it you can't un-notice it :)

Anyway, I hope you continue to work on this tasty little map, the more A3 native maps the better I say!

This map is just awesome. We will use it for a 2 or 3 mission campaign for our realism unit in the next months. Looking forward to further improvements like a village or town in the center of the island and maybe a small landing strip.

Hi there iv run into a major bug with your map it has been working fine for weeks then all of a sudden whenever i click Host new on multilayer online the game the game just freezes i have confirmed 100% its your mod as when i disable imrali it loads now this is where it gets weird several of my friends also have your mod and they don't get this issue and even when i un-install your mod and reinstall it i still get this bug

End of .rpt when freeze occurs

14:00:08 Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayMultiplayer/controlsBackground/Vignette 
14:00:10 Cannot load sound 'a3\ui_f\data\sound\onclick.wss'
14:00:10 Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayHostSettings/controlsBackground/Vignette 
14:00:13 Cannot load sound 'a3\ui_f\data\sound\onclick.wss'
14:00:13 Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayNotFreeze/controlsBackground/CA_Vignette 
14:00:13 Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayNotFreeze/controlsBackground/CA_Vignette 
14:00:13 Initializing Steam server - Game Port: 2302, Steam Query Port: 2303

as you can see it just ends as stated above the moment i disable imrali this is not an issue any help would be greatly appreciated as not being able to host a game when your mod is enabled is a big problem XD

Only info i could find on this and wasn't much help

http://15thmeu.net/forums/index.php?PHPSESSID=f0osmi2oe94bkif312n8rhkm54&topic=26099.10

I'm more than happy to answer any questions

+ (Edit)

Did a little more testing can load map in editor no problem

can load mp in lan only

Edited by Deathknight0897

First nice map

second the lights, your map has what i would say is an identical problem to what Makhno had on his earlier release he has now fixed them, i tried to find details on his fix but this was the best i could come up with for you sorry,

I've been working on the cnfig this week end (on N'ziwasogo, cause I'm curently replacing A2 street lanps withe A3 ones on that terrain) and indeed, taking Altis's config File as reference, there's a big difference in lighting compared to the current ones.

I'll do the same for Dariyah asap.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179035-MAP-FSF-Dariyah-Released&p=2710991&highlight=#post2710991

it maybe worth trying to contact him if you have not already fixed your lights to see what he did. hope that helps

I will soon release a new version of Imrali with a new config. I hope to solve different problems.

Thank you for your bug reports.

I will soon release a new version of Imrali with a new config. I hope to solve different problems.

That's good news, glad to see you're still working on that map.

Out of interest is that likely to fix my bug ?? sorry i am not a coder so what you just said went over my head :p

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!