Chairborne

Arma 2 AV-8B Harrier II Port

Can anyone else confirm this?

I don't usually test my mods with RHS nor ACE.

could be caused by a global eventhandler event?

we have this on some of our mods, especially init eventhandlers. they need isserver checks and so on.

best way to test alone - go onto an MP servber and see if two spawn (one for your client and one for the server)

That might be the cause, i remember reading BI was going to implement stacked event handlers.

• Like 1

I'm from the same community as Jone_Kone. The TGP on the underbelly of the plane also duplicated in both of the missions we had the Harrier in. The duplication caused serious lag, when the pilot ejected the server almost crashed in the first mission.

It must be a locality issue of some kind. I hope you can figure out what it is, I don't know shit about modding myself so I'm sorry for not being very helpful...
Also, it might be a good idea to hide the TGP's UAV by default? There was a parameter for that in the original TGP mod:

TGP_Visible = 0; //hide the "Darter"

Yeah i noticed since last update the TGP is not hidden anymore.

If any scripting wizard comes by and decides to help me fix this it would be appreciated, i don't have much time myself to get back to this and my script-fu isn't that great either.

Oh and just for clarity's sake, the server almost crashed because of duplication with 100+ players. In smaller missions the problem shouldn't be as severe.

Noticed the updated TGP release. It is now an addon instead of a script.

To that end would you please consider making the next update free of the TGP?

I will still use it as an addon, no doubt. But it would be nice to avoid any further complications due to Bohemia's updates.

The visible darter and such were a rather disappointing surprise after the last update.

I enjoy this mod quite a bit. As a fan I respectfully ask that you please keep it as dependency free as possible.

Regardless, thanks you so much for all your hard work. The Harrier is truly one of my favorites.

So will you be bringing this into cup? As an improvement?

Noticed the updated TGP release. It is now an addon instead of a script.

To that end would you please consider making the next update free of the TGP?

I will still use it as an addon, no doubt. But it would be nice to avoid any further complications due to Bohemia's updates.

The visible darter and such were a rather disappointing surprise after the last update.

I enjoy this mod quite a bit. As a fan I respectfully ask that you please keep it as dependency free as possible.

Regardless, thanks you so much for all your hard work. The Harrier is truly one of my favorites.

I've seen there was a tgp addon released but im not sure it's the same im currently using.

I'll see what i can do, the darter hanging out of the harrier pisses me off too. :angry:

• Like 1

I've seen there was a tgp addon released but im not sure it's the same im currently using.

I'll see what i can do, the darter hanging out of the harrier pisses me off too. :angry:

I have no knowledge of how nicely the TGP addon is working. But if it´s anywhere near satisfactory, I would also prefer if it was a user option as some communities might find it a bit OP for TVT (as mine does). Modularity is the key... :)

Also as a kind request and as a Harrier fan, if it would be only possible to have one faction for all the harrier-types or just add them under NATO (as the MELB mod does). With most asset mods today adding their own factions its starting to become really crowded in the menus (With CUP I think I have some 4 different USMC:s in my modpack).

If the Soviets only would have completed the YAK-141 back in the 90´s we would be having pretty sweet and epic SVTOL battles all over Altis by now... :)

No doubt, the faction thing is getting a bit ridiculous.  It would be nice if people used the same faction names.  There doesn't need to be 3 USAF factions and 3 USMC Desert factions, etc etc.

Now that BIS has it so you can see which mod it it and what the classname is in the editor, it would be nice to see it a bit more standardized.  Just agree on a few simple things, people!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/352770708593849171/ADB84DB087AB4B9118A4B821ADD6C539A5245929/

It's all in CUP now, no more duplicates.

So as I understand it, under the CUP liscence, would I be allowed to take your ported Harrier out of CUP, modify it's configs, and use it in our communitys mod-set on it's own?
I'm not sure if I got it right. If that's the case, freaking awesome.
We're using mostly the formulae of 1 mod for 1 faction, so having the Harrier on its own would be great since we're using BAF and RHS atm.

Yes you can, as long as the license is respected.

Cheers, thank you very much. Awesome work you've done.

• Like 1

If the Soviets only would have completed the YAK-141 back in the 90´s we would be having pretty sweet and epic SVTOL battles all over Altis by now... :)

Money, dear boy... although the historical issues with V/STOL aircraft in general were a factor too in why that jet was never revived.

Money, dear boy... although the historical issues with V/STOL aircraft in general were a factor too in why that jet was never revived.

Yep, the collapse of the soviet union wasn´t good news for all their crazy weapon projects. The army just run out of money for basically a decade. The F-35 also seems to run into the same issues as all the previous efforts... 

But still, can´t help but loving the Harrier. The Yak-141 would have been pretty awesome too... :)

Considering claims that the F-35B design leaned on the Yak-41 design -- indeed, over twenty years ago Flightglobal reported that Lockheed Martin turned to Yakovlev OKB and vice versa -- I'm not surprised...

Indeed! - and it´s really interesting that some parts of the F-35B even resembles Yak-141. Ok, there might not be that many ways to design a VTOL plane but still... :) 

Indeed! - and it´s really interesting that some parts of the F-35B even resembles Yak-141. Ok, there might not be that many ways to design a VTOL plane but still... :)

Considering claims that the F-35B design leaned on the Yak-41 design -- indeed, over twenty years ago Flightglobal reported that Lockheed Martin turned to Yakovlev OKB and vice versa -- I'm not surprised...

Yep, the collapse of the soviet union wasn´t good news for all their crazy weapon projects. The army just run out of money for basically a decade. The F-35 also seems to run into the same issues as all the previous efforts... 

But still, can´t help but loving the Harrier. The Yak-141 would have been pretty awesome too... :)

Can we try to stay on topic please ;)

Can we try to stay on topic please ;)

Well, if i´ve understood correctly this mod is pretty dead...  so what better place to discuss what could have been. :) No, you´re right... let´s try to stay on topic. 

This isn't the forums bar lounge, keep the thread clean for other users that don't care about your conversation and come here looking for actually useful information.

• Like 1

Just curious if anyone has had any luck or attempted to add the Firewill / AWS intigration into the Harrier ? Love the Model, and Love the Functionality of AWS. Would love to see them together.  I have attempted however Texture and paa issues in game when re compressing. 

Thanks

Shrike

• Like 1