Chairborne

Arma 2 AV-8B Harrier II Port

I was reported an issue with ACE3 locking, if we clear that out soon even today.

It's a known issue, i should put a fix out tonight (unlikely) or tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

Just so you know, i haven't forgotten about this. :D

I was hoping to get the A10 done this weekend but a few nasty bugs held me more than anticipated.

Great Plane, really like the mod.  I have a question:

Can you change the way you enable TGP?  You have it set to add to "All" vehicles which causes issues with some and missions like "Liberation" where we can't spawn some vehicles because of the attached Dart.  Could you modify the TGP script

if (isNil "TGP_Auto_Add_TGP") then {
TGP_Auto_Add_TGP = 1; //0 - Don't add any TGPs, use: null = [<vehicle name>] spawn TGP_fnc_Do_Start; or in the editor use: null = this spawn { waitUntil {!isNil "TGP_fnc_Do_Start" && !isNull (_this)}; [_this] spawn TGP_fnc_Do_Start;}; on the vehicles you want, 1 - default usage (all vehicles get a TGP)
};

to only add it to your plane?  Maybe just check to see if user has it running and if so append with your plane?

Yes that was a mistake that slipped in the update, will be fixed with the next patch.

I'm in dev branch and i'm getting some weird errors with TGP, that is probably going to delay things a bit.

UPDATE - V0.6 01/10/2015

New update is here.
This should hopefully address a few issues with the TGP not loading properly and overlapping with other vehicles.
Also another big entry!
The Harrier now features a service menu that allows to rearm & repair or change loadout on the go.
Special thanks to magicsh0tz who donated the script and helped me integrating it in the mod.
Enjoy!

V0.6 - 01/10/2015
- Fixed TGP issues
- Added service/rearm menu

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm231xv8rs8k7xh/%40Cha_AV8B.rar?dl=0

In case you're wondering how the service menu works, you need to place an Ammo support truck, once you're closer than 25m it should give you the service menu / refill options.

Man I love the targetting system!! Seriously that solution should be implemented for all aircraft mods . Lock on target , fix camera and watch the bomb hit the target!!
Thank you very much for this excellent addon :)

In case anyone tried, Play With 6 totally screwed up and the 0.6 version there is only a few texture files.

Anyone else notice the UAV (DATR) is visible under each aircraft now? It only used to be on the GBU jet, but now it's all of them.

Also when you choose a new loadout it removes your weapons, then nothing happens. So I presume you have to service it after, but after servicing the vehicle (you see the hints at the bottom), still left without any armaments. 

In case anyone tried, Play With 6 totally screwed up and the 0.6 version there is only a few texture files.

They didn't post in here yet so odds are they haven't updated their repo yet.

Anyone else notice the UAV (DATR) is visible under each aircraft now? It only used to be on the GBU jet, but now it's all of them.

Also when you choose a new loadout it removes your weapons, then nothing happens. So I presume you have to service it after, but after servicing the vehicle (you see the hints at the bottom), still left without any armaments. 

I am confused, i had none of these issues when testing.

Are you running any other mods with the harrier?

Can confirm, the latest PWS version does not work at all. It is marked as version 0.6 but it doesn't work. Just to inform anybody who is confused.

The PWS version currently does not add the plane to the editor, or arsenal, in any form.

Thanks for your feedback, i have informed kecharles, hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Will this mod still be updated after the release of the Harrier in CUP? My community won´t probably be adding CUP anytime soon due to conflicts with RHS, but as BLUFOR really need a working CAS Jet I´ve been pitching this mod to our devs for a while now. The issues they´ve had with this mod is:

- The TGP (Lasing in ACE is currently broken, and the script is occasionally buggy). Some also consider it too OP for TVT use (I know..!?)

- Different factions for the loadouts. They´d like it to be only under NATO. Because we´re using MNP we already have tens of different factions (details in my opinion).

- Personally I also feel that the "flight model" is also better in this mod. I guess the CUP version uses a different model?.. or is it just me?

I realize that these issues are our own and not something that concerns anyone else much. I´m just interested to know what the plans for this mod is. As a Harrier fan I would really like to keep pushing for it. :)

The one in CUP is not my port, but it was made by someone else (Varanon).

Anyway no, i don't think this mod will be kept updated anymore.

Unless something is broken and requires fixing it's not likely you'll see more features added for this standalone.

Unless something is broken and requires fixing it's not likely you'll see more features added for this standalone.

Personally I love the way you managed to integrate the UAV camera so targeting is much more easier.. I wonder why other modders don't use the same method.

I wish the vanilla pilot camera was stabilized and with a laser designator, would remove the need for an external script.

Or at least have some native CCIP functionality.

Oh well...!

Ok, thanks for letting us know! :)

Even though this mod is not actively developed anymore I thought I´d put this here.

We tested the Harrier mod on a 100 MP server a while back and found a locality issue with the ejection script. Ejecting in a MP mission seemed to spawn an ejection seat and canopy for every in-game player (RHS+ACE). Unfortunately I don´t have any video or pictures of it.