Chairborne

Arma 2 AV-8B Harrier II Port

You will be seeing my AV8B updating here in a day or two with separate formation lights and collision lights. Granted Chairborne has some things up and over my version.

Honestly maybe we should just roll this project into one at this point, we're pretty much just competing for the same goal haha. My next project is a load-out editor for the bird.

Hopefully when ACE3 missile guidance works correctly again, we can set up the GBU's to run off of that.

Well you have my blessing to merge ;) - I think Chairborne has taken the bird 10 steps in the right direction; I hope it doesn't get swapped for something with that might be less advanced. Don't do work twice I would say! The thing I hate the most is seeing 10 people mod the same thing in poor quality. I rather see one really good add-on, with multiple names under it.

Chairborne's visual modifications are just right - the sound is spot on, the functionality is getting there! So get together and work something out.. ;)

Well... community upgrade project IS looking for dedicated modders, so... :cool:

http://cup-arma3.org/

Although there is also a whole lot of other stuff to be done other than the Harrier.

How about this, I'll update my USMC Aircraft pack and then I'll pop over to CUP and and toss anything unique that I have over (Namely the formation lights at least for the Harrier, for my other aircraft I might have more to offer).

I've been wanting to get into CUP but my schedule wasn't allowing it. Now that it'll be a bit more open in a few weeks. I'm sure I can provide some assistance.

Well... community upgrade project IS looking for dedicated modders, so... :cool:

http://cup-arma3.org/

Although there is also a whole lot of other stuff to be done other than the Harrier.

So are you ditching this project for now? - If not, I would want to ask you to create a smdi file for each texture. Otherwise, you will always have the BiS texture SMDI shine through the model.. Just copy paste for now, I can get you the right files.

Yes for now i'm moving on to other stuff, and unless there is some game-breaking issue or BI solves a few tickets there is no reason for me to keep working on this project. :cool:

Am I correct in saying the latest update removed all cannons from the harrier?

Only from the british ones.

I wrote it in the readme.

Anyone else having issues with ACE3 and locking with the AGMs? Tried out the AGM variant and couldn't lock AGM's with R, T or zoom + tab.

Isn't it one of the issues they're working on?

I remember reading that was disabled in ACE for the time being.

If it's disabled doesn't that mean I should be able to lock with T/R using the vanilla mechanics?

No i think it's disabled altogether.

You should try with a vanilla jet and see if it works with that.

Usually it's automated.

Check out this video, it uses the same script:

Also you probably need to set one or two commands to control the UAV camera (the lock/unlock on target i think), i found out they were not binded in my keyboard setup.

Kinda weird, tho, to go from FLIR to DTV. You can't really see anything. Am I missing another key binding?

You sure that isn't night vision instead of DTV?

Also, you know the thing spawns into game kinda through the ground?

Yes, it's an engine issue, not much i can do.

And what's with not being able to go directing to vstol mode till moving and accelerating quick enough to just take off? Is that an engine limitation? If so, why BIS, why?!

Harrier cannot take off vertically with combat load and full fuel tanks, it's meant to be that way because that's how it works.

---------- Post added at 11:34 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

[/color]I cannot get it to just target a vehicle. Sitting on the ground it wants to swing to an aircraft tent and maybe some other stuff. Soon as I start flying, I can't see or lock a target. Think Mando Missiles. Jumping to detected ground vehicles. Will it do anything like that?

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

Well, this is odd. It seems to follow commands intermittently. Very intermittently. Using the pip, I can occasionally get it to fix on a ground vehicle, or apparently change from white hot to black hot. I got it to work once in a practice mission with a bunch of fighters and the script running.

What the heck is going on, is it just not working?

T, ctrl + T, and Tab maybe do something? lol.

It should lock onto some vehicle or building when you designate targets.

I'll look into it.

I checked the keybindings, so I got that now.

I can never seem to switch the pod in and out of flir when I'm in "use targeting pod". It does in the PIP. T isn't really locking stuff ever. Just tried it in the Tornado with the script running.

:(

---------- Post added at 13:58 ---------- Previous post was at 13:13 ----------

And 1.48 has messed up the mk82 weapons proxies :(

Hey man, I actually also just noticed this (been working on a way to allow somehow to update the script if like a modder hasn't updated it and the mission maker may have a newer version) when I execute the script twice, I believe this is something to do with CBA. Also in the recent update the devs removed FLIR & NV from the AR-2 Darter.

Basically what is happening is because the CBA keybinding is executed twice it will actually make it add that you are pressing the button twice at once (even though you're only pressing it once) so basically the output is nothing, I was going to report this to the CBA guys but I don't have a github account and really don't have the time to make one. I'm just going to post it onto their thread and maybe they may see it.

Here is the post I made

Edited by Lala14

[/color]And 1.48 has messed up the mk82 weapons proxies :(

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

What? How?

If your still improveing sound look up EAA Airventure Harrier i seen the marines demonstrate one and it was loud

UPDATE - V0.5 15/09/2015

Bomb racks have been fixed, along with other small adjustments.
Also the TGP script has been updated.

V0.5 - 15/09/2015
- Fixed bomb racks
- Updated TGP
- Removed error with missing turret entries
- Fixed error with missing models

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm231xv8rs8k7xh/%40Cha_AV8B.rar?dl=0

• Like 2

Hi there,

Im running into some problems with getting the targeting pod to work, i'm pressing H and nothing is happening.

I'm running CBA v2.0.0.150817 and the mod.

Cheers,

Dexter[6th AB]

is there any chance of having a script to change the name on the side of the British Harriers like 3CB do with their Vehicles, becuase not everyone is Sqn Ldr "Prince" Boonie, or have it removed in general?

E.G. 3CBs script to change : UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_uniqueID = 5;   // start vehicle id's at "005" 

is there any chance of having a script to change the name on the side of the British Harriers like 3CB do with their Vehicles, becuase not everyone is Sqn Ldr "Prince" Boonie, or have it removed in general?

E.G. 3CBs script to change : UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_uniqueID = 5;   // start vehicle id's at "005" 

There is next to 0 chance i'll keep on improving this standalone version except for bugfixes.

Right now im busy with other stuff and this will migrate into CUP Vehicles (like my other vehicles laying around) when the time comes.

The name is embedded in the base texture anyway, if you want it fixed you should either get in touch with Kazimierz who made it, or make an edited version off the source files he posted somewhere in here some time ago.

• Like 1

Great to hear it will be going into cup. Suggestion is that you have cba as a requirement and use there keybind setup.

CBA is already a requirement for CUP since we use it for joint rails with infantry weapons so that should be as good as done.

• Like 1