Chairborne

Arma 2 AV-8B Harrier II Port

I am still waiting for ACE mod to publish some documentation on changes required and everything.

I check their site every once in a while and last time i did there was nothing new sadly.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Done, thank you for telling me.

I guess the time has come for some clean-up. :mad:

Expet me to rejoin the skinning work for this project soon.. Update will follow.

After 5 days of bleeding my eyes over sound configs, audacity and youtube, i can finally show the changes i made to the sounds.

They're probably still rough here and there but i think the result is quite close to the real counterpart.

You'd probably want to turn down the volume though:

(disregard the animation clipping, will be fixed)

For reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNkSvhsZ2m0

Artists start your engines!

http://imgur.com/PXN0Ggq,EDgXSga,vxwjr2b

Textures have been split, meaning they are not mirrored anymore.

Of course this requires two sets of textures, one for each side, if they have writings and you don't want them to be mirrored.

I should be able to release a new update soon-ish.

Meanwhile, current status of the Harrier Gr.9:

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/434944807037514108/0015A49FB1E673C15358112FABD8E63CC16846FE/

A center line pylon was added (here with AN/AAQ-28 Litening pod), the gun pods with the GAU-12/U were removed (haters gonna hate :cool:), and the nose has now a couple more parts to make it a closer fit to the real one.

love the hard work you've put into the harriers excited to see the new additions to the pack will there be planned inclusion of the TAV-8B Harrier II Two-seat trainer version or EAV-8B Matador II Company designation for the Spanish Navy version or perhaps the EAV-8B Matador II Plus The AV-8B Harrier II Plus, ordered for the Spanish Navy

I am not planning to do the trainer variant anytime soon.

As for the spanish variant as far as i know its identical to the american and italian one. I did not plan in working in neither one but i think making a couple more textures shouldnt be too hard once i have the psd file up and running.

UPDATE - V0.4 06/07/2015

A lot of work was done to improve the Harrier this time around.

The sounds have been almost entirely changed with custom sounds i made, the result is not perfect but is vastly superior to the old "generic A3 jet" sounds.

You can check out the video here for an overview:

Moving on, the cockpit department has some new cool things to show.

New mirrors have been added, the textures have been slightly tuned, the HUD has been both widened and the information displayed has been changed (credits go to Karneck).

Also there is a secondary HUD of sorts in front of the PIP screen.

The textures are now split into right and left side of the airframe, meaning you can do textures of your own with custom writings and they won't be mirrored anymore.

The loadouts have been changed to a more adequate mix.

Despite my previous statement, the loadout editor is not yet present in this version. The proxies have all been configured but the work required to code everything seemed massive and this update has already taken me a lot of time.

Anyway if you know your way around scripting the loadouts can still be changed to a certain degree.

A FLIR camera has been added (default hotkey is the same for the sling load camera), it doesn't do much besides having thermal/night vision capabilities.

An Ejection Seat has been added (credits go to John_Spartan) for both variants.

TGP - Targeting Pod for Air Vehicles has been added as a feature directly in the mod (credits go to Lala14).

It might still have a few bugs here and there, and the drone camera is shaky, but the Harriers (only the ones with GBU-12 and Litening pod) can self-designate targets.

The UAV feed can be displayed both in the regular PIP and in the PIP inside the cockpit (left screen).

An AAF variant has been added along with a couple new liveries for both the British and USMC.

I was actually undecided between the current blue/white and a camo variant, but for now i think the one i made is good enough.

Last but not least, the Harrier Gr.9 had some upgrades as well.

The gun pods have been removed and a center line pylon has been added.

In place of the gun pods the Brits now carry two CRV-7 rocket pods with 19 rockets each.

The nose had a few aesthetic changes as well.

You can read other less relevant changes in the changelog.

This is all for now, enjoy!

!!!Note for Mission Makers!!!

Classnames were changed, older missions will require updating the classnames to the new ones.

Updated credits:

BIS - Original Arma 2 sample model

Kazimierz - British, USMC textures

Karneck - New HUD

Lala14 - TGP script

John_Spartan - Ejection seat script

Chairborne - Port, config, etc...

Changelog:

V0.4 - 06/07/2015

- New HUD

- Changed interior glass damage texture

- Added Ejection Seat

- Changed HUD size

- Changed HUD alignment

- New sounds

- Changed selections for Camo1/Camo2 > textures are not mirrored anymore

- Added Mirrors in Cockpit

- Changed position of belly slim lights

- Tweaked size of nose on AV-8B

- Added Secondary HUD in cockpit (left display)

- Added FLIR Camera (Pilotcamera/Sling Load camera)

- Updated Library description

- Tweaked cockpit textures

- Changed incoming missile alarm sound

- Added new rocket pods

- Changed pilot proxy position (now higher)

- Added new textures

- Added AAF livery

- Added TGP Targeting Pod (only for GBU-12 variants)

- (Harrier GR.9) Removed gun pods

- (Harrier GR.9) Added center line pylon

- (Harrier GR.9) Various exterior changes

DL link: https://mega.co.nz/#!EJRHlQ4b!pupWzHAdHTyrShbxEZo86vDZ2EdD1iEaR42cEp2uZ04

Edited by Chairborne

UPDATE - V0.4 06/07/2015

A lot of work was done to improve the Harrier this time around.

The sounds have been almost entirely changed with custom sounds i made, the result is not perfect but is vastly superior to the old "generic A3 jet" sounds.

You can check out the video here for an overview:

Moving on, the cockpit department has some new cool things to show.

New mirrors have been added, the textures have been slightly tuned, the HUD has been both widened and the information displayed has been changed (credits go to Karneck).

Also there is a secondary HUD of sorts in front of the PIP screen.

The textures are now split into right and left side of the airframe, meaning you can do textures of your own with custom writings and they won't be mirrored anymore.

The loadouts have been changed to a more adequate mix.

Despite my previous statement, the loadout editor is not yet present in this version. The proxies have all been configured but the work required to code everything seemed massive and this update has already taken me a lot of time.

Anyway if you know your way around scripting the loadouts can still be changed to a certain degree.

A FLIR camera has been added (default hotkey is the same for the sling load camera), it doesn't do much besides having thermal/night vision capabilities.

An Ejection Seat has been added (credits go to John_Spartan) for both variants.

TGP - Targeting Pod for Air Vehicles has been added as a feature directly in the mod (credits go to Lala14).

It might still have a few bugs here and there, and the drone camera is shaky, but the Harriers (only the ones with GBU-12 and Litening pod) can self-designate targets.

The UAV feed can be displayed both in the regular PIP and in the PIP inside the cockpit (left screen).

An AAF variant has been added along with a couple new liveries for both the British and USMC.

I was actually undecided between the current blue/white and a camo variant, but for now i think the one i made is good enough.

Last but not least, the Harrier Gr.9 had some upgrades as well.

The gun pods have been removed and a center line pylon has been added.

In place of the gun pods the Brits now carry two CRV-7 rocket pods with 19 rockets each.

The nose had a few aesthetic changes as well.

You can read other less relevant changes in the changelog.

This is all for now, enjoy!

!!!Note for Mission Makers!!!

Classnames were changed, older missions will require updating the classnames to the new ones.

Updated credits:

BIS - Original Arma 2 sample model

Kazimierz - British, USMC textures

Karneck - New HUD

Lala14 - TGP script

John_Spartan - Ejection seat script

Chairborne - Port, config, etc...

Changelog:

V0.4 - 06/07/2015

- New HUD

- Changed interior glass damage texture

- Added Ejection Seat

- Changed HUD size

- Changed HUD alignment

- New sounds

- Changed selections for Camo1/Camo2 > textures are not mirrored anymore

- Added Mirrors in Cockpit

- Changed position of belly slim lights

- Tweaked size of nose on AV-8B

- Added Secondary HUD in cockpit (left display)

- Added FLIR Camera (Pilotcamera/Sling Load camera)

- Updated Library description

- Tweaked cockpit textures

- Changed incoming missile alarm sound

- Added new rocket pods

- Changed pilot proxy position (now higher)

- Added new textures

- Added AAF livery

- Added TGP Targeting Pod (only for GBU-12 variants)

- (Harrier GR.9) Removed gun pods

- (Harrier GR.9) Added center line pylon

- (Harrier GR.9) Various exterior changes

DL link: https://mega.co.nz/#!QQpEQYRS!pS1OatcAjRJVMS-gXWjvcEPtvq6r2WOQOY7EbRLdg68

Have you plans for an MMI livery? however really nice work ;)

As i wrote in the last page, i wasn't planning on them so if that happens it's not going to be anytime soon.

Now that this update is out i want to move on to something else unless a stable update breaks something that requires fixing.

i cannot use your mod, everytime i try to start my game i get

config.bin/configweapons/cha_av8b_FFAR/burst/: cannot find class base name 'burst'

Are you using Allinarma?

That is a known conflict issue that has been around for at least a year, and unfortunately the author (Kju) is not maintaining it anymore.

It's not something on my end and there are several other mods affected by this.

Are you using Allinarma?

That is a known conflict issue that has been around for at least a year, and unfortunately the author (Kju) is not maintaining it anymore.

It's not something on my end and there are several other mods affected by this.

yes, i just switched from the terrain pack to the standalone, probably their version is causing the problem

The standalone is rather old and as i said it's not maintained anymore.

I suggest you switch back to the terrains only.

I use it with my community as well and it works fine with all my mods.

The standalone is rather old and as i said it's not maintained anymore.

I suggest you switch back to the terrains only.

I use it with my community as well and it works fine with all my mods.

Yah, i probably will, not worth breaking mods just for stuff RHS will probably eventually add anyway

Is there supposed to be an actual UAV floating on the bottom of the aircraft? :/

975D78E6631B20276EE56C8C25BDCD79E0F2A8DD

Also can't seem to get MDF PIP working

No it's not supposed to be there, this is the first time i see this happening. :confused:

Hmm seems like i made a booboo.

A "true" was inverted with a "false".

As for the MFD PIP, it's still a bit wonky, i had a few issues too while testing it with Lala.

Just report them here and i'll see about them.

Hotfixed DL: https://mega.co.nz/#!EJRHlQ4b!pupWzHAdHTyrShbxEZo86vDZ2EdD1iEaR42cEp2uZ04

Edited by Chairborne

Looooooove your work Chairborne! Thanks a lot for your efforts with this. The Harrier fits really nicely into the Arma III world I reckon and you're doing a great job with this.

Thanks again!

Chops

I posted a hotfix version the previous page in case it got buried behind your posts.

Thank you for your support though. :)

Nothing in the log accompanying that either I'm afraid Chairborne. No script errors or anything out of the ordinary. TGP even puts in some debug and all seems ok. I couldn't get the MFD to switch either. It flickers when I hit the scroll wheel option so I'm guessing it's trying but something immediately is turning it back?

Any reason you haven't added a turret to the pod built in to the model and done it that way? I've tried on 1-2 aircraft myself in the past and it's not easy so I know it's a tall order :)

Thanks for the release though, looking good and I love the new loadouts, really versatile.

EDIT: Holy crap this thread moves fast. I posted that in reply to Alex's original post and I'm a whole page behind lol. I'll try the hotfix, thanks mate.

EDIT2: It's all working a treat now. MFD seems stable, camera and pod all good. UAV is hidden. Great work and thanks for the fix so quickly :)

Edited by Crazy538

Damn it. Double post.