Chairborne

Arma 2 AV-8B Harrier II Port

I can find both GR7 and GR9 on Zeus MCC, they´re on empty -> Great Britain

(And I´m quite sure I´ve seen them on BLUFOR units too...)

And just to summarise the HUD discussion: I´ve just being pesky ´bout the HUD cus the one you´re using (the A2 vanilla) is broken - it doesn´t display altitude, speed nor heading, and if I use it on AGM or VTN that disables some of the UI, I can´t have those basic flight data =P So why not use the Buzzard HUD as a placeholder? At least it is functional...

cheers!

;2873029']I can find both GR7 and GR9 on Zeus MCC' date=' they´re on empty -> Great Britain

(And I´m quite sure I´ve seen them on BLUFOR units too...)

And just to summarise the HUD discussion: I´ve just being pesky ´bout the HUD cus the one you´re using (the A2 vanilla) is broken - it doesn´t display altitude, speed nor heading, and if I use it on AGM or VTN that disables some of the UI, I can´t have those basic flight data =P So why not use the Buzzard HUD as a placeholder? At least it is functional...

cheers![/quote']

Have you tested the CAS function in MCC,could these Harrier use it?

Yes,I just started use this mod after your last update,and I checked all files were loaded.

Do they show up in the editor (blufor > great britain)?

Are you using any other mods besides the harrier and MCC?

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Edit: i don't understand... i DO have them both in zeus. How is it possible that they work for me and not for you? :confused:

Edited by Chairborne

Do they show up in the editor (blufor > great britain)?

Are you using any other mods besides the harrier and MCC?

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Edit: i don't understand... i DO have them both in zeus. How is it possible that they work for me and not for you? :confused:

It works now,seem I mass something up,I copied all you flies to a floder where I put in all the mod files i was using in,after separated them to different floder now I can find the GR7 and 9 in zeus and MCC.

tip: never give /accept bug reports unless you're sure the guy has tested it with only your mod running

tip: never give /accept bug reports unless you're sure the guy has tested it with only your mod running

This should be emblazoned in inch-high letters across the top of the whole ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE forum.

Thank you for this chairborne, just a few things about the GR7 and GR9. I tested these on their own with no other mods running and I noticed when I spawned them in via the editor the front wheels are half sunk into the ground, when you start the engines up they then pop up. I don't know if this has been reported to you already.

Secondly the destroyed model of the GR7 seemed to clip through the ground with the nose pointing in the air and the tail submerged.

Despite these I'm loving the mod thank you.

Thank you for this chairborne, just a few things about the GR7 and GR9. I tested these on their own with no other mods running and I noticed when I spawned them in via the editor the front wheels are half sunk into the ground, when you start the engines up they then pop up. I don't know if this has been reported to you already.

Secondly the destroyed model of the GR7 seemed to clip through the ground with the nose pointing in the air and the tail submerged.

Despite these I'm loving the mod thank you.

It's normal, it happens with standard A2 and A3 vehicles in the respective games as well.

As soon as you interact with them (shoot them or move them) they go into their normal state.

As for the wreck i have no clue, i just think it's how the game handles them depending on how you destroy them.

Hi, great mod! Especially if paired with a LHD :-)

One issue I have is that the vector thrust automatically sets itself back to zero degrees, i.e. forward thrust, if the wheels touch the ground and the aircraft is not moving for a moment. This poses a problem on vertical landing, especially, if the plane accelerates really fast and such. Sometimes this even seems to happen in flight. Only workaround I know of: Repeatedly switch back the thrust to downwards.

Thrusts animations are just for visuals, they don't actually account to what direction the jet is moving and i believe they're dependent on the speed of the aircraft (although i'll check that anyway to remove any doubt when i get back to it).

It sucks but it's just the way the game works with VTOL/STOVLs as far as i know.

Due to real-life obligations, I need to end the skinning business. Its a shame, but I'll donate my work to the community. Please feel free to use it in a new mod! Of course, it would be under the common rules with provision of credits to the original artist.

Other than that; enjoy!

C-130 Project Files

Harrier Project Files

Sad to hear that mate, thank you for all your hard work! Good luck! :(

Kazimierz, thanks for all the hard work.

I know you made a skin for the 15th MEU (The blue one you have in there)

I was actually getting ready to contact you about it when I saw this post. Thank you again for the work. I'll be adding that skin in my next AV8B update, crediting you of course.

Hello guys,

I'm currently very busy. But perhaps somewhere next month I'll be back for more..

In the meantime, can we get a good targeting system on this bird? - GPS/Laser..

http://i.imgur.com/DAnRoUM.jpg

Notice anything different? ;)

The mirrors? They look great man!:yay: Really love this addon along with all your other ports, they're all really good quality. Keep up the great work!

The mirrors? They look great man!:yay: Really love this addon along with all your other ports, they're all really good quality. Keep up the great work!

You're (at least partially) correct, and thank you. :cool:

Hud also has been replaced with the one kindly offered by Karneck.

There are going to be some more minor changes to the cockpit before the next release.

You're (at least partially) correct, and thank you. :cool:

Hud also has been replaced with the one kindly offered by Karneck.

There are going to be some more minor changes to the cockpit before the next release.

Ahh I see it now that you mention it, guess I don't pay much attention to HUDs. :p

@Chairborne - can u empty your mailbox mate, got your PM but I cant respond to it.

Chairborne, I'm part of UKSF and we were planing to use the Harrier in our operations the problem is its not compatible with ACE. We can't lock with bombs or missiles. ACE will fix that in next few days but for full compatibility there might be needed some config tweaks. Also would it be possible to add rearming menu and TGT Targeting System so you can do bomb runs without JTACS laser. Overall great mod and waiting for more. Cheers.

Chairborne, I'm part of UKSF and we were planing to use the Harrier in our operations the problem is its not compatible with ACE. We can't lock with bombs or missiles. ACE will fix that in next few days but for full compatibility there might be needed some config tweaks. Also would it be possible to add rearming menu and TGT Targeting System so you can do bomb runs without JTACS laser. Overall great mod and waiting for more. Cheers.

I am still waiting for ACE mod to publish some documentation on changes required and everything.

I check their site every once in a while and last time i did there was nothing new sadly.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

@Chairborne - can u empty your mailbox mate, got your PM but I cant respond to it.

Done, thank you for telling me.

I guess the time has come for some clean-up. :mad:

Yeah the update to fix the problem should be out soon, as for the Targeting system and and re-arming menu I believe Firewill released an air weapons pack for NATO that are used by alot of plane mods so you look into having that and rearming menu and Targeting pod was in F/A-18 from John Spartan and some other mods. Its not vital but it would be just a nice thing to have. ;)