Chairborne

Arma 2 AV-8B Harrier II Port

Anyone who tried know if it has the "exploding when entering sometimes bug" wich 80% of all aircraft mods has.

Would love to have a harrier back but, trying to filter out the exploding planes.

:confused:

Never seen anything like this before.

You sure it's not some weird public mission that does that?

It happened with helos as well sometimes.

:confused:

Never seen anything like this before.

You sure it's not some weird public mission that does that?

It happened with helos as well sometimes.

It's a bug wich haunted our group alot.

the diffrent A10 conversations, the T6 Texan mod, HAFM Aircrafts, Ivory Aircrafts.

They all have like a 70% chance of exploding when you jump into them, has something to do with the PhysX beeing configured wrong.

The only fixed wing aircraft mods i have tried that dosent have that is the magnificent F18 and SU27 by john spartan.

Ill give the Harrier a go :)

Are these the errors you're having?

If so, it's a common error, even in vanilla as far as i know.

Otherwise, feel free to post or send me the RPT log and i'll check that.

I was the one who dug up the errors -

Running Vanilla A3, no bone errors = Errors

Running A3 with only the Harrier enabled = Errors

I'll PM you the RPT's in a bit.

I think it's the A2 animations that cause this, even though i remember see this happening with vanilla as well since the first day the game got out.

Anyway you can just ignore them, they don't seem to give any sort of problem in game.

Awesome stuff Charibone! Gonna fly em right away!

EDIT:

1- The Pilot's head is slightly right, maybe this is one of the reason why the vanilla crosshairs isn't aligned with the HUD.

2- I can gladly share the rocket ripple settings.

3- If you want i can add your aircraft to the TGP script: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179309-Release-Script-TGP-Targeting-Pod-for-Air-Vehicles

Edited by geraldbolso1899

Mk82's for CAS?

Euh...no. LGBs are perfect for the job.

You've obviously never been to combat or Afghanistan for that matter, it's high explosive and once adjusted it gets on target.

But game-wise I agree on that part, unless you lock it, but then again I prefer to use Macers for moving targets rather than bombs, or gun.

Anyway I like the AV-8B and find it quite fun to fly, nice work so far though VSTOL is a bit weird but otherwise fun to fly :)

Edited by EricJ

You've obviously never been to combat or Afghanistan for that matter, it's high explosive and once adjusted it gets on target.

Anyway I like the AV-8B and find it quite fun to fly, nice work so far though VSTOL is a bit weird but otherwise fun to fly :)

I think that for Arma 3 purposes, mk-82's aren't worth the trouble, since there's no stable CCIP or CCRP solution for the game, having lgb's instead is a better option. Not to mention u can still drop em like the mk 82's.

I'm waiting for Neptune to answer...

Yeah that's the issue he means. If they modeled that better then it would be much more used than LGBs in some cases.

Comparing the guidance of an unguided bomb with a guided bomb, with the same explosives and fuse and everything. The guided is always better. Especially in CAS.

a Mk82 dropped by CCIP or CCRP will hit it´s target but don't do any magic. The pilot won´t garantue the accuracy.

Please dont judge what and where someone has been without actually knowing him.

Edited by 87th_Neptune

And roger.

But fair enough I guess, being a douche isn't me actually, it just strikes a nerve (old habits die hard) so yeah.

Anyway, still looking forward to an update on the Harrier, keep on trucking...

I haven't been able to reproduce this, could you be more specific? Are you running other mods in conjuction with mine?

Edit: i tried save and load again a mission with the harrier and i have no RPT error whatsoever.

There is a way, but that would require me to ask another modder to use his assets and scripts i guess because my scripting skills are rather limited.

I want to leave this out for a while to get some feedback and avoid updates unless some feature is terribly broken (i'd like to hear back from Corporal_Lib and his bug because i couldn't replicate it :confused:), while i do some work on the content i already have published and possibly another port (this time it will be a Ruski asset though :) ).

Anyway i like the idea and when i get back to work on this i'll see if that-other-modder is ok with it.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, Chairbourne, but I was off to my hometown and just got back!

The error related to char_FFAR popped up when I was trying to load up AiA SA (it just prevented it from working at all), and I´ve just noticed more people having this issue..

Without AiAI don´t have popup errors when loading up, but if I try to reload a save game I CTD.... if I disable your AV-8B mod, it reloads alright... I have TONs of mods, so maybe it´s a conflict with any other aircraft/chopper mod that uses the FFAR rocket pod, could be HAFM US choppers etc... I´ll try to spot the conflict, here´s my rpt BTW... https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/arma3_2014-09-20_04-57-54.rpt

Hope it helps! And anxious to see how geraldobolso and 87th-Neptune can improve your awesome port!

cheers!

[Edit] Doh!!!! Spotted the conflicting mods easier than I´d thought... I´ve narrowed them down to LPD-29 (yeah, the A2 addon I´ve installed just to text Burnes´ LCAC abilities), BWA and GLT mod... and something tells me its BWA fault !

[Edit2] At least I don´t have CTD anymore, but with AiA I still get the error: bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Cha_FFAR_Smallpod/burst/: Cannot find base class ´burst´ and can´t load AiA SA with it on =P

Hope it helps you somehow!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

I don't know, the rocket pods don't have anything special.

From personal experience i wouldn't recommend running AiA with anything else though. :confused:

Your problem is most likely there.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Awesome stuff Charibone! Gonna fly em right away!

EDIT:

1- The Pilot's head is slightly right, maybe this is one of the reason why the vanilla crosshairs isn't aligned with the HUD.

2- I can gladly share the rocket ripple settings.

3- If you want i can add your aircraft to the TGP script: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179309-Release-Script-TGP-Targeting-Pod-for-Air-Vehicles

Thanks for the help.

I'll see if the problem lies in the proxy.

Nuh rockets are fine like this, thanks though.

Well there is actually a Litening pod already modeled in my harrier files. You can find it in the sample files along with the harrier, in case you need it.

If you want to add it to your script sure, no problem.

It seems the AIA SA doesn´t handles burst firemode for air vehicles ;)

Anyway, the CTD is happening with or without your Harrier with some complex missions as Hunter Six, ArmA3 is unstable as hell lately! Vanilla missions (without many mods and user made scripts) works alright, you can save and reload nicely...

Sorry to kinda false alarmed, anxious to see the improvements of the next version!

Cheers!

Thanks for bringing the Harrier back to us! :) Current implementation feels mighty fine and am really looking forward to the fully functional HUD. I would say that what this would benefit immensely from is a config for compatibility with Feint's Headrange Plus mod so that TrackIR pilots can get the 6dof groove on :cool:

There's something about your port that feels a lot nicer than the vanilla fixed wings in A3 I must say

Thanks for sending us the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hello there ! Loving the plane so far, but as we're running a brit' server, do you think you could make a "british" texture? Just changing the US sticker for the RAF ones.

Keep up the good work :)

there is a brit texture for A2. Its mighty easy to rip that one out and put it in this one. Im sure there is some handy modder in your group that knows how to do that.

It's not really nice to take someone else's creation and do whatever you want with it without asking.

Anyway i was contacted yesterday to make a brit version, if you can supply me a texture of your own i don't see why not.

It's not really nice to take someone else's creation and do whatever you want with it without asking.

This. That's why I was asking.

Thanks for the reply ! Unfortunately, I'm not good enough for texturing so I may try to find a texture from someone else and ask him his permission before submiting it to you.

you could also just place the pbo file of the RAF retexture from A2 in your addons folder. Should just work afaik.

it will need a little initline at the most then.

thats what the mod was for anyway: to retexture the A2 harrier. And it will do exactly that.

Obiously to integrate it in your own mod you need premission.

Chairborne, do you plan on adding a service menu? like the f/a18 and various others.

Chairborne, do you plan on adding a service menu? like the f/a18 and various others.

No, for the time being i don't.