Stekelenburg

New CH-67 Huron

Do you like the new Helli?  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the new Helli?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

I have seen too little for a judgement that holds any water, but I'm not "put off" by the Chinook-style appearance at all. Why? Because there's still the "Future Heavy Transport Helicopter" program of Airbus Helicopters & Boeing floating around and the very last concept studies looked like a modernized CH-47 (even though much bigger, plans go for 15 tons internal or 18 tons slingloaded).

Not a huge fan of the angular body, but meh.. don't really care.

Once RHS releases i doubt i'll ever launch Arma3 without it and i can't imagine them not including a proper Chinook.

My answer is "I don't know", we didn't see enough of it.

I was more hoping to get a CH-53K King Stallion (we never had one in the series, except from modders).

I wanted to see a CH-53 too. Those things look mean as hell, and I can imagine them looking even meaner with the 'stealth' upgrade.

As for the Huron itself, I need more than a fuzzy pic of her ass to decide rather or not I'll ride it:o

Amen man, all this discussion about the ass end of a helicopter nobody has flown yet or seen more of. Kinda like judging a book by it's cover and the debate about stealth... Seriously. And for some people get off that "It's sci-fi" shit. Most of the tech involved in A3 has really been used or in development, or has been developed. Time moves on as well as technology, as most of the stuff is just really (maybe the MX series) stuff you can make today.

Edited by EricJ

I wanted to see a CH-53 too. Those things look mean as hell, and I can imagine them looking even meaner with the 'stealth' upgrade.

Well, I think there's still a chance, after all Iran's Army ( the real one ) uses them.

Sikorsky+CH-53+Sea+Stallion+Iranian+Revolution+in+1979%252C+the+Imperial+Iranian+Navy+was+named+Islamic+Republic+of+Iran+Navy+%2528IRIN%2529.++%25287%2529.jpg

Edited by MistyRonin

Gentlemen, lets please refrain from cluttering this thread with the debate/wish list on the remaining helo. This thread is specifically for thoughts on the CH-67 Huron.

Here's one of several threads dedicated to the possible selections. Obviously any discussion as to the possible NATO helo is obsolete at this point though.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177354-Possible-High-Quality-Helicopters-for-Selection-STRICT-Selection/page16

Edited by Odie0351

To be honest, the screenshot didn't seem to reveal too much - so, withholding judgement! That said, it looks very promising - so far, I think I like the Hellcat best.

Gentlemen, lets please refrain from cluttering this thread with the debate/wish list on the remaining helo. This thread is specifically for thoughts on the CH-67 Huron.

True but there is not much to discuss about it so far.

Gentlemen, lets please refrain from cluttering this thread with the debate/wish list on the remaining helo. This thread is specifically for thoughts on the CH-67 Huron

Alright, here goes:

The back of the CH-67 Huron looks okay.

It has red seats inside.

i like what am seeing, but i was hoping for a v-22 future version lol..... can not wait to get my hands on this anyways BxViXUmIMAAl-XW.jpg:large

Can't wait to fastrope from this chopper!

Oh, wait....:mad:

I like it. I don't expect it to be any different than a Chinook though. Just more pointy.

If you don't like it, close your eyes and imagine it's a low poly model that hasn't rendered properly :cool:

I was expecting the VTOL-Valor, only cause it resembles the v-22 in a much for advanced, and improved radar signature kind of way.

If you don't like it, close your eyes and imagine it's a low poly model that hasn't rendered properly :cool:

Ha when I first seen the wipeout I thought my graphics card was on the way out. Then it hit me that this aircraft was now nicknamed just the wart.

To be fair it seems that this is not as fugly as the wipeout. Looks like it has a bit of stealth edge look without making it just plain stupid looking.

I personally hate the A3 "futuristic" setting, but I have to recognise that I kind of like the new helicopters.

The "stealth" CH47 with CH53 "face" and the tuned CH54 with coaxial rotors ( that kind of make sense, as they improve hovering ).

Oooh, a skycrane! Though it looks like it is designed to lift a 20 foot ISO, not a 40 footer like the Tarhe.

Fair bit of bitching, I fakkin love em, I think BI did a fab job and I can't wait to play with them, they're certainly stepping up their game in the art department. :D

Fair bit of bitching, I fakkin love em, I think BI did a fab job and I can't wait to play with them, they're certainly stepping up their game in the art department. :D

Agree, Kiory. The poll, though self selecting does seem to agree with us. Less than 10% don't like them. That's a great result.