lecks

ASOR Gear Selector

Possibly, so i will redownload it then, and try it again.

Thing is in the usage instructions:

Select your preset and/or gear from the drop down menus.

Zoom in and out with the mouse wheel, rotate with left click/drag and move up/down (when zoomed) with right click/drag.

Push ESC to close.

There is nothing here on saving your preset, he starts off with select your preset, well you need to create a preset (loadout) in order to select one

so ideally he should start out with his instructions on saying:

1. choose the gear you want, once done

2. press save at top right to save your preset

3. type in a name into an open slot

4. press save at the bottom to save the preset.

5. once you have your preset saved you now can choose it from the drop down menu on the gear selector page.

===========

Makes more sense to me to do it in order not from the end.

Anyways will redownload, and reinstall and see what happens.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Alright redownloaded, installed, created a mission just a soldier and ammo box added the code to the ammo box, put the files in the mission folder, followed the instructions to the letter...

and still nothing, anyone want to look at the mission and see if theres something wrong, maybe a code off, or something not turned on, heres the mission from my dropbox,

its not pbo'd put it in your arma3 usermissions folder for the editor its on stratis.

theres no save button to save a preset nor is there a delete button to remove presets.

Test mission

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjsgjob3p5c2h9h/ASOR%20Gear%20selector%20test%20mission.zip?dl=0

dont no what to say its working for me

and when i play on other sever where there use vas and i save a loadout i can load that to in gear selector

I'm testing this in sp in the editor, is it mp only or something?

But yes i get all my presets that i had saved with VAS too but i cannot delete anything, nor save anything, ideally this would be for coop for when my buddy and i play,

so maybe sp is not supported, i mean it works to the extent of working but those 2 issues dont show, u cant save your presets, other then that i like it.

edit..

just hosted my own mission, same one I had in sp and same issue, so idk wtf is wrong, someone look at my mission.

I tested with vanilla Arma3.

Edited by Günter Severloh

damn I'm in the same boat, tried re dling it and reinstalling it but I have the exact same issue :(

Guenter it works for me

Actually when deleting i got an error that stated "Variable '_control' does not support serialization...." But it did delete the present and the save menu appears just fine.

Edited by JCae2798

For those that the script works for can you create a simple mission, and link to download the file so for those of us that its not working for can test it,

I'm thinking maybe theres something I'm doing wrong on my end in terms of adding the codes or something, idk.

But it obviously works as I get the gear select in the action menu when i walk up to an ammobox which i added the code too, and i go into the selector dialog

or menu where u can see your character, i can choose all my weapons, gear etc np, but when I hit the save button at the top right i got to the presets page and can

see all the presets that I built through VAS, i click on an empty slot, type a new name at bottom, and then im like..... nothing theres nothing there to save, typing

the name for the new slot is as far as i can go, theres no buttons anywhere on that pages that says save, or even delete,

i tried deleting the other presets there and nothing?

I'm wondering if there is a limit of presets you can have, would that possibly prevent the save button and or delete buttons from not showing or are those

buttons hard coded where they are there no matter what?

But someone send me their mission, maybe the issue is with adding it to an ammobox like i did?

How is everyone else using the script, through an ammobox, or another way?

Actually i think you may be on to something. I did run into an issue once where i couldnt save a present. I ended up overriding one and it then worked. I then ended up deleting some old presents and it worked again.

Try this:

The example mission you posted is what i tested and it works fine, however create a new profile where it will delete your existing presents. Then test it from there. If it works it can be possibly two things:

1. present maxed out (if that exists)

2. one of you presents are corrupted and causing issues (if thats possible)

Only thing i can think of

But thats the thing there no option or button to delete a preset, all i have is the list and then a button i think maybe its the title above the list

that says save preset but it does nothing.

So my guess then its got to be the presets that are maxed out and preventing any new presets from being allowed added and saved.

I counted the presets I have and their are 15 and thats from Vas.

I looked at the config in ASOR --> config.sqf and you can turn off the vas compatible which i did and I removed all the presets from VAs.

Now I uped the number to allowed presets to 20 as the limit by default is 14, tried that, and still........after creating a loadout and going to save and naming it, nothing, there no button,

nothing, its impossible to save any presets, something is broke here, adn im onyl testing this in the vanilla game with no mods, idk what gives but i looked at every script

and file in this script pack and im lost, I have a new version of the mod from armaholic which is the same version listed on Lecks download, so my version is not out of date.

What i'd like to know is how do you locate the vas presets on your computer to remove them, I mean where is the doc or whatever saved for vas to begin with, and where

are the presets saved if you can for this script?

Also wish lecks could respond here and tell us whats wrong as everything works but the save/delete for presets.

Why one thing works and another dont, is there an option somewhere I missed? this is getting ridiculous stupid i mean i didn't touch anything

when i first installed it and added the code to an ammo box.

A question for those that it works for, if it works for you is there a save button, and delete button, if so where are they located on the preset save page

where you choose your slot and save, what do you do when you save? maybe im doing something or looking for something obvious that really isn't there and its done

another way, idk again imo there should be a save button and a delete button, just like you see with VAS.

Mosh my good man, been a while, ya i have what you have, I have all my VAS presets listed too, but go to the presets page where

you save your presets, what you have there?

My problem is if you review the few posts I made already is I cannot save any presets, theres no save button or delete button to delete a preset.

This is what i have http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/537386354380509068/A9BECA3816565D2292F33F54FC0D16D8F1E18659/

In the link I posted is a screenshot i took of the preset page, all my vas presets are missing as I turned it off in the config.sqf to allow more

room for created presets with script itself. Now i can load my vas presets np and get the gear ect,.

The problem is if you look at the screenshot is theres no save button, no delete button, and the title at the top that says save

preset is not a button, it dont do anything.

http://moshland.com/images/test3.jpg (127 kB) that is also with your test mission you wanted someone to try (had a couple addons running this time, but other screenshots were with vanilla)

As for why the buttons don't show up for you is beyond me. I was wondering where the loadouts for VAS were saved too.

I see ok, well i dont get those buttons at the bottom, i dont get anything at the bottom, except the text box to enter the name of your preset.

Could it be a resolution issue where my screen is to big that it stretches the dialog? Im running 1600x900 res ingame.

Nope just tested it res make no difference.

Not my first day in the series so its not like I havent run scripts before, you obviously seen yourself its installed correct, and running fine for you.

I located the VAS file its located here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Arma 3

it has an extension of .vars at the end of it.

Guess i wont be using this then unless Lecks can tell us something we dont know.

Mosh my good man, been a while, ya i have what you have, I have all my VAS presets listed too, but go to the presets page where

you save your presets, what you have there?

My problem is if you review the few posts I made already is I cannot save any presets, theres no save button or delete button to delete a preset.

This is what i have http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/537386354380509068/A9BECA3816565D2292F33F54FC0D16D8F1E18659/

In the link I posted is a screenshot i took of the preset page, all my vas presets are missing as I turned it off in the config.sqf to allow more

room for created presets with script itself. Now i can load my vas presets np and get the gear ect,.

The problem is if you look at the screenshot is theres no save button, no delete button, and the title at the top that says save

preset is not a button, it dont do anything.

Looks to me like your screen resolution is to low to display those buttons. Maybe try a different resolution or try to change the interface size to see if that fixes it?

Did that Im not making the game uglier for 2 buttons, that screenshot is 1600x900 res, i tried 2 settings lower and still same thing, not worth it.

Only other way is to change the code in the menu.hpp or another script, and sadly i dont know which numbers to change, guess I'll pass on this one

and stick to vas and arsenal.

Did that Im not making the game uglier for 2 buttons, that screenshot is 1600x900 res, i tried 2 settings lower and still same thing, not worth it.

Only other way is to change the code in the menu.hpp or another script, and sadly i dont know which numbers to change, guess I'll pass on this one

and stick to vas and arsenal.

Did you also try changing the interface size like in this screenshot: https://gsngaming.com/uploads/monthly_03_2013/post-1-0-59359700-1362519429.jpg

Also, is it possible to show all civilian items (like driver coveralls etc) in the menu regardless of faction? There is a general option but I don't want Opfor items to show for Blufor.

Edited by Sethenor

Did you also try changing the interface size like in this screenshot: https://gsngaming.com/uploads/monthl...1362519429.jpg

Just tried it, and that did the trick, I had my interface at large and with my resolution it cut off the buttons, so i changed it to normal and the buttons showed, thank you it works now!

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been here for a while.. been working on other projects. I have also been working on the gear selector when I have time and will have a new version out in the next few days. It's mainly performance and stability improvements. ASOR uses it twice a week and have been great at giving bug reports and feedback which I try to fix as quick as I can. Newer versions are generally available at http://asor.com.au under Downloads (I don't think anyone would appreciate Armaholic being spammed with minor weekly updates).

Regarding the issue with the Save/Delete buttons missing, I think this is because of the resolution. The size of the box is hard coded to a bit under half my screen.. but i think that pushes it off the bottom of some resolutions (900 or under vertical res). I'll make sure I fix it before the next release. For now you can fix menu.hpp as follows (or just increase your resolution/lower UI size):

Add this around line 13:

#define TOTAL_HEIGHT safezoneH

#define SAVE_LIST_HEIGHT (TOTAL_HEIGHT - (ITEM_HEIGHT*7 - CATEGORY_SPACING*4))

Around line 677, change

h = 1;

to

h = SAVE_LIST_HEIGHT;

Change all the +1s in all 5 of the following classes to + SAVE_LIST_HEIGHT

@Sethanor: The way I would do this would be to build a main blacklist that allows all uniforms, then add opfor/blufor specific blacklists to block them using eachothers' uniforms.

Thanks for your patience.

Lecks.

Edited by Lecks

@AntonStruyk: The ASORGS loads the database during preinit, which is when the main blacklist is applied. To change the blacklist during the init (or the mission), you could either change the BuildDatabase to postinit in cfgfunctions, or you could use the side specific blacklists which are applied when the gear selector is opened (the reason for this being that a player could potentially change sides during a mission). I think it would also work to add your blacklist modify function as an extra preinit function to the ASORGS cfgfunctions.hpp above the BuildDatabase one (but not 100% certain that determines the load order).

Thanks for the mod! Really enjoying it! I am having a few issues. For some reason I cant select gear in a mission that worked with ASOR previoudly (I havent cahgned anything). I tried closing and restarting arma and I ma still getting the same issue. I can select and see things in the ASOR menu but I dont get the item and nothing changes when selected. Also when I save or load a loadout sometimes the amount of items change (Might have 6 STANAGS and 6 tracers but when saved it turns into 10 STANAGS.

Thanks!

I believe that has to do with the limit of what you can carry, was having this issue last night where i'd load an existing profile and then add something to it,

and i automatically get something else removed thats not even related to it, so then you have to see what

you are adding in comparison to what your carrying already.

ah that makes sense, thanks bud! Right now Im having a weird problem where it sort of stops responding, you can change any gear you want but when you select it nothing changes. What do you think causes this?

Welcome. I get the same, I think its just a loading process/lag, to much stuff running, usually what i do if it loads partially one of your presets,

to just do it again, and it will load usually works for me.

Hi guys,

i want to add only a specific number of weapons and equipment in the gear selector - but i always get all the ArmA stuff!

I tried Blacklist and Whitelist - but get always the complete arsenal!

It seems that I doesn`t understand this system....

@Gunter: I didn't think it would remove things any more (I know older versions did). If you have any specific examples of how to reproduce it, I may be able to fix it.

@Opendome: It sounds like it had a script error (after which it pretty much won't do anything). Could you search your .rpt file (in %localappdata%\arma 3 ) for ASORGS and paste any errors here?

@Flipper how are you adding the blacklist or whitelist? Could you paste a portion of it (maybe the start + end)? Are you putting it in config.sqf, and don't have a blank one after it?

The version at http://asor.com.au under downloads has all the settings including the blacklist that we use for ASOR. This version also automatically removes useless ammo from the lists which significantly reduces the lag. We have an op on Thursday which will be the final test for it before releasing it here and on Armaholic.

Hi Lecks!

Thanks for the great mod! I found my .rpt file but for some reason they all just list what mod loadouts I used on that day/time