lecks

ASOR Gear Selector

This worked great once, but now every time I try to activate the gear selector action the following error pops up:

Error Undefined variable in expression: asorgs_fnc_getgeararray
File ASORGS\open.sqf, line 17

Getting an issue where when i enable the whitelist, when i go to the gear selector in game, the map compass, etc bar moves to the top of the menu blocking the weapon selection,and uniforms and explosives don't show in the list, whereas backpacks and headgear aren't restricted.

@oldy41: The only reason I can think of that the function mentioned wouldn't exist is if the cfgFunctions part of the description.ext isn't in.

---------- Post added at 11:22 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

theebu: Will take a look at it, thanks for the report. I haven't done much with the whitelist because our clan doesn't use one. Are you using a single whitelist (just ASORGS_Whitelist) or faction/team specific ones?

hello together,

!!! great mod !!!

the Gear Selector does not work with the BWA3 mod, here it crashes .... Can you fix it ?

How can it be?

greeting

Togo

I didn't manage to find a problem with 1.42 with BWA3. What are you doing when it crashes? If possible, could you search your log file for ASORGS and paste anything that comes up here?

theebu: Will take a look at it, thanks for the report. I haven't done much with the whitelist because our clan doesn't use one. Are you using a single whitelist (just ASORGS_Whitelist) or faction/team specific ones?

Just the single Whitelist. There is a LARGE number of items in the list (100+). Maybe set it up so you can whitelist each category (weapons, explosives, uniforms etc).

System seems great otherwise!

@oldy41: The only reason I can think of that the function mentioned wouldn't exist is if the cfgFunctions part of the description.ext isn't in.

Thanks, I have got it:

After the 1st test I had moved the script directory from the mission to my A3 root.

Adding backslashes to both paths in the .ext cures the problem and allows me to maintain the script at one common location.

Hey

Is there a way I can remove the option to load on respawn option? I love the script, it will replace VAS! the number 1 reason is that it is all sorted so well

EDIT: NVM I found it, it is in the config.cfg

//Reapply gear that was selected when ASORGS was closed when respawning.

ASORGS_ReapplyOnRespawn = false;

I am blind.

Amiscus

I'm having an issue with blacklisting. I have a parameters.ext setting to choose what kinds of items should be blacklisted (e.g. "Nothing", "Thermal Scopes", "All Scopes", etc...). I'm applying those values in my init.sqf file like this:

if (.. parameter is set ..) then
{
ASORGS_Blacklist = ASORGS_Blacklist + [
		"Laserdesignator",
		"optic_Nightstalker",
		"optic_tws",
		"optic_tws_mg"
	];
};

However, when I launch the mission and spawn in a crate with ASORGS on it the items still show up in the list of possible attachments. It seems that they can't actually be ADDED to the guns (so it prevents you from using them, which is good). However, it behaves differently than if I put the items in the blacklist in the config.sqf file that comes with ASORGS, where it prevents the items from displaying altogether. The problem doing it in there is that I can't use the mission parameters (since the preInit code runs before I could populate a variable to pass in from the init.sqf file).

Is there a method or something I have to call in order to get it to refresh the list of available equipment if I change the blacklist at runtime? I'm also interested in replacing an existing usage of VAS in a different mission and it's a requirement that I be able to change the blacklist on the fly.

Full code for the mission in its current state is available here:

Edit:

Oddly, when I put the blacklist code into the config file (in config.sqf) it seems that it gets lost everytime I respawn on my dedicated server. Having it added in the init.sqf fixes the issue. It must be an order-of-operations thing. I guess I'm stuck with 'you can see it but can't use it' for the time being. I also tried using '[] call ASORGS_fnc_buildDatabase' after setting the blacklist in init.sqf, but that threw a scripting error and didn't seem to fix things.

... Also there appears to be an issue on dedicated servers where if you spawn a box in your init.sqf, it doesn't show up with the ASOR action until you respawn. Boxes placed in the editor are fine, and boxes spawned after I have joined the server are fine as well. It's just the box I'm adding as I spawn in that seems broken.

Edited by AntonStruyk
more info

Any chance that you and RP can get your heads together and sort this out?.....

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180722-RPA-ASOR-Selector-Box&p=2829826#post2829826

Great script and a really useful mod to use without having to edit anything in to a mission. Dropping a box directly with Zeus, cant get any easier than that.

Despite changing the config to allow opposing side's uniforms, they do not appear on the model, only in the selector.

Second, this is extremely slow. It can take up to 8 seconds for a uniform change to appear on the model. I've tried this in different missions, all locally.

Is there a way to copy to clipboard or see the classnames of the equipment/uniforms you select? Say I want to have the winter uniform from the Task Force Apache mod and I wanna be able to use it in the editor with the ''this adduniform" line.

Hey, wanted to drop buy to say this stuff is great, it is even better then Arsenal as it allows to get extra attachments.

I have a question/wishful idea: would it be possible to create a "shop" based on ASORGS? The way it could be done is by defining increasingly more exact item pools, with each pool having a cost set. For example: MX LSW is: weapon>gun>rifle>SAW>MX LSW. This way it would be possible to cover all mods. Due to how ASORGS's GUI is set up the price for each "line/item" could be simply displayed on its right with total at the bottom.

I had a similar idea @taro for my supply drop. I would like to be able to use something like this so players can choose what goes into the supply box. My thread(I've made more progress than shown there). If anyone is capable and interested in helping me with this I have no problem sharing credit and you would make me very happy!

Have a question and I didn't see it asked, is if you choose gear, and weapons, ect,. and want to save it as a preset or loadout, I see you can press save and like VAS

and Arsenal pick the slot and give it a name, my question is after that, how do you actually save that preset or loadout, as there is no ok, or save button?

An idea kinda of like VAS has is to have a list of weapon types: assault, mg, smg's, scoped with each button only those weapons for that specific type will be listed.

Another idea is to lighten the background so all weapons can be seen clearer, I like Arsenal but its hard to see the weapons sometimes so u have to move the camera around.

I'm surprised this mod isn't more widely used. Love the way you can add extra gear (ammo, sights, etc..) as needed which Arsenal does not allow. Keep up the great work, i use this all the time in my missions. Thank you

Great mod! One problem Im having is that Im unable to save my presets, does anyone know why this may be?

Thanks!

I'm surprised this mod isn't more widely used. Love the way you can add extra gear (ammo, sights, etc..) as needed which Arsenal does not allow. Keep up the great work, i use this all the time in my missions. Thank you

you guys are trippin! this is the way to go if u wanna have a nice restriced gear selector. call the script and have a box in the editor called box1.

separated into items, weapons, mags, backpacks.

// ITEMS
[box1, [

"SMA_UNIFORMS_BLACK",
"rhs_acc_tgpa",
"rhs_acc_pkas",
"G_Bandanna_blk",
"H_Cap_blk",
"SMA_Silencer_556",
"SMA_AIMPOINT_GLARE",
"acc_pointer_IR",
"rhsusf_acc_compm4",
"rhsusf_acc_anpeq15",
"SMA_supp2bSCAR_556",
"H_Watchcap_blk",
"G_Balaclava_blk",
"H_Booniehat_khk",
"SMA_Helmet_Black",
"AV_anpvs7",
"V_TacVest_darkblck",
"SMA_UNIFORMS_BLACK_VEST",
"muzzle_snds_H",
"itemradio", 
"itemmap", 
"itemcompass", 
"itemwatch",
"SMA_spSCARtan_762",
"SMA_supp_762",
"rangefinder",
"AGM_Clacker",
"AGM_DefusalKit",
"AGM_M26_Clacker"

], true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualItemCargo;

// WEAPONS
[box1, [

"rhs_weap_ak74m_desert",
"rhs_weap_m4_carryhandle",
"SMA_AUG_A3_F",
"SMA_HK416afg",
"SMA_HK416vfg",
"SMA_HK416GL",
"SMA_HK417afg",
"SMA_HK417vfg",
"SMA_HK417_16in_afg",
"SMA_Mk16_black",
"SMA_Mk17_black",
"rhs_weap_m249_pip",
"SMA_MK16",
"SMA_Mk17",
"rhs_weap_m249_pip"

], true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualweaponCargo;

// MAGS
[box1, [

"rhs_30Rnd_545x39_AK",
"rhs_mag_30Rnd_556x45_Mk318_Stanag",
"SMA_30Rnd_556x45_M855A1",
"rhsusf_100Rnd_556x45_soft_pouch",
"1rnd_he_grenade_shell",
"smokeshell",
"HandGrenade",
"DemoCharge_Remote_Mag",
"SatchelCharge_Remote_Mag",
"rhsusf_100Rnd_556x45_soft_pouch"

], true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualmagazineCargo;

// BACKPACKS
[box1, [

"B_AssaultPack_blk",
"b_carryall_cbr"

], true] call BIS_fnc_addVirtualbackpackCargo;

};

ull have to get rid of the 3rd party addon classnames if u don't use that mod...

Lecks as Im in the same boat with opendome, how do we save our gear in the presets page, theres nothing there to save, you can create a name for a new preset

but theres no way to save it, theres no button anywhere, am I missing something?

Lecks as Im in the same boat with opendome, how do we save our gear in the presets page, theres nothing there to save, you can create a name for a new preset

but theres no way to save it, theres no button anywhere, am I missing something?

Have you figured it out?

No, theres nothing there, no buttons nothing, i stopped using it because of this.

Surely someone that uses this knows how to save their presets, Im seriously missing something or my copy is bad.