Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Ka-50 hokum in ofp:r!

I saw an ad for OFP:R at www.wargamer.com. It showed the rear of a double-rotor helicopter. It wasn't a KA-25/-27-or -29. Must have been a KA-50.

The ad is randomly generated - got to wargamer.com and refresh until you see it on the left side of the home page.

This'll be interesting to explain... a KA-50 in 1983?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">a KA-50 in 1983?<span id='postcolor'>

Thus it's NOT the Ka-50...

Besides, I don't think that's its silhouette...

I doubt that there will be vehicles added in resistance that wasnt in service at that time, the KA-50 wasnt right?

Hmmm....I'd love to see how they will explain it. Maybe i'ts just a bonus helicopter for a couple of single player missions and not actually a part of the campaign. Doese'nt make any sense though confused.gif

I don't know... I mean it's right there.... Unless my eyes decieve me that definitely looks like a Hokum. What other helicopter could it be?

First off I would like to say sweet and thank you BIS!

BIS dose not go on realizm look at the G32 and the Aug for example they are not in service with ether the Americans or the russians. If they were looking for an attack chopper that would rival the cobra or apache and is a good tank buster then I would go with the KA-50 as well because you only need one person to fly and use the guns biggrin.gif

One other thing that I noticed is that if you look at the landing gears they are down so that show's you that they have not fixed the landing gear problem on helicoppters

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ June 26 2002,22:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt that there will be vehicles added in resistance that wasnt in service at that time, the KA-50 wasnt right?<span id='postcolor'>

KA-50 put in service 27th July 1982

Kamov overview

So it would be legal to have it in tounge.gif

Would be a crime not to biggrin.gif

was the KA-50 the one whare the pilots sat side by side in the cockpit, or is it the one whare the pilot sits behind the copilot, like in the cobra?

Looks more of a single seat to me

ka50_2.jpg

120_600_02.jpgJust one thing, the helicopter shows in this thing is a Ka-52 Hokum-B or Alligator, not a Ka-50 Hokum, I think...... don't know.. may be..

ka50_11.jpg

ka-52-1.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (JAP @ June 26 2002,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (InqWiper @ June 26 2002,22wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I doubt that there will be vehicles added in resistance that wasnt in service at that time, the KA-50 wasnt right?<span id='postcolor'>

KA-50 put in service 27th July 1982

<span id='postcolor'>

The single seat version was designed for air-to-air combat (like a helicopter version of the MiG-29), with rocket pods of flechette rockets (they blow up in mid-air, putting lots of shrapnel in the area), AA-2, AA-10 and AA-12 missiles, I think. Maybe even aircraft versions of SA-7, SA-14 and SA-16 SAMs.

The newer version, with two seats, is the dedicated ground attack version. I don't think the Russians have many of these either. But if you've got a couple million dollars, I know for a fact that you can buy one.

"It is well known that the success of a mission performed by a group of attack helicopters depends to a considerable degree on crew teamwork and on effective control by the group commander. His helicopter has to be fitted with a more sophisticated equipment package than the others, enabling him to see targets on the battlefield better, to designate and distribute them between the other crews, to continuously direct the actions of the attack helicopters and to maintain contact with ground command posts. This is exactly the role filled by the Ka-52 "Alligator" multi-purpose all-weather combat helicopter, a two-seat derivative of the Ka-50.

The "Alligator" has retained the combat potential of its predecessor, including the ability to use the whole range of air-to-air and air-to-surface weapons. Its passive/active surveillance, target detection and targeting system enables it to detect and attack targets day and night in any weather conditions. Like the single-seater, the Ka-52 is equipped with ejection seats for crew rescue in emergency.

The Ka-52 was designed to complement the Ka-50, not replace it. The efficiency of ground troops operations in which the Ka-50 and Ka-52 are used is maximised by selecting an optimum mix of the two types in a formation.

Ka-52 design, prototype construction and operational development was supervised by chief designer Ye.V.Sudarev. The prototype Ka-52 made its maiden flight on June 25, 1997 with test pilot A.K.Smirnov at the controls."

from this page:

http://avia.russian.ee/vertigo/people/kamov/index_5.html

maybe it is not even ingame screenshot... just for banner.

One thing,

I HOPE THAT IT'S REALLY A KA-50 HOKUM!!!! AND I HOPE THAT HE WILL REALY BE IN RESISTENCE....

Would be great pilot this chopper!!!!!

Oh I can't wait for Resistence!!!!!! I think we all can't uhauhahauhauhauhauhaa

Oh, just found this:

'The V-80 helicopter, better known by the service designation of Ka-50 and the "Black Shark" sobriquet - was subjected to a gruelling State acceptance trials programme (1984-86) which was a fly-off against the Mi-28 in simulated operational conditions. The Kamov helicopter met all the specifications, having emerged as the winner of the competition organized by the Ministry of Defence. With regard to the cost-effectiveness criterion it has no equals in its class in the world. Upon completion of the State acceptance trials in 1995 the Ka-50 was adopted for Russian Army service by the presidential decree. Since 1991 it has been in production at the Progress Aviation Company named after N.I.Sazykin in Arsen'yev in the Russian Far East.'

from this page: http://avia.russian.ee/vertigo/people/kamov/index_5.html

Maybe July 27, 1982 was the date that the first prototype model came into existence?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ June 27 2002,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maybe it is not even ingame screenshot... just for banner.<span id='postcolor'>

That s defenatly an ingame shot !

Why would BIS put a chopper that s not in the game on a banner anyway ?

Is just more work tricking it and sticking it on the banner right ?

shoot...

I won't see it until July,

and I cant fly shit....

so it's just another white elephant for me.... tounge.gif

In the early 1980’s, Kamov demonstrated its light attack helicopter concept, it was designated V-80 (for "Helicopter of the 80s", V = "vertolyot" meaning helicopter). This helicopter was later re-designated the Ka-50 Hokum. In June 1982, the first Ka-50 prototype designated "White 010" made its maiden flight.

But you re right hellfish6, it wasn t untill 1992 it got into production, i guess due to lack of funding.

But that s not BIS's prob tounge.gif

It exsisted in 1982 biggrin.gif

Yeah... It's looks like realy an Ka-50 not a Ka-52.... COOL

I CAN'T WAIT FOR RESISTENCE, AND TO CHECK IF IT'S TRUE !!!!

The game features the G36 and Aug because the official forces stationed at Malden islands are NATO, not American.

Someone in the 1st page justified the existence of Ka-50 by saying if there were future weapons in the original, why not bring the Hokum to the expansion pack...?

LOL, I wonder who will have the Ka-50. The rebels surely can't afford it... tounge.gif

I've got it, it's Gastovskis new ride! biggrin.gif

He's a CIA superspy, black-op etc., so he could probably get a hold of an early prototype.  He stole it, James Bond style....

It's just an idea.... tounge.gif

Armament of the real life Hokum

1x 2A42 30-mm cannon [250 HE-Frag + 250 AP]

2 - AT-16 VIKhR ATGM (6 each)

2 - 80-mm rockets (20 each)

2 - Twin 23-mm gun pods [940 rounds]

4 - 500-kg bombs

2 - AA-11/ARCHER AAM

External fuel tanks (500 liters)  

Now, assuming that OFR would have this chopper, it depends on the profile BIS will provide the chopper to know what weapons will it have.

Most Probable Armament:

Fuselage-mounted 30-mm cannon on right side

80-mm rockets

AT-16 VIKhR ATGMs

ka-50-40p07.jpg