monovdd

[eods] explosive ordnance disposal suite

Weird, but i know there was an error with our apobs that make diseapear the static weapon bags (and it as been reported by our internal tester that was breaking the RHS HE ammo too) but i already have fixed it (sadly not in the released version).

However i will make some tests with the latest vesion i have and check if i can reproduce it.

If mono still away i'll try to release a hotfix for the rpt spamming and apobs issue with static weapon this week end .

Finally here is a hotfix :

Changelog:

-Fixed rpt error spamming (most of them)

-Fixed Apobs make static weapon backpacks invisible

-Fixed Ammo error due to Apobs

-Fixed Apobs texture error

-Fixed Talon sound error and stuttering

-"bis_fnc_moduleprojectile ---- ammo simulation 'shotbullet' is not supported" error should be fixed

-Talon Icon reworked

-Added Rope to Apobs

Download link:

EODS_v005_Hotfixed

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (MrEwok) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Great stuff.

Played it with some friends last night.

Bugs:

1. There appears to be a LOD issue. the EOD bot disappears after 20m unless using right mouse zoom, or optical systems.

2. The APOBS can not be entered after assembly. This worked in the previous version.

Complaints /Suggestions:

1. The EOD bot can only be used as a device to pick up the bomb and drive it to a safe place.

2. Defusing by hand should have a mini-game

3. EOD suits because then we can play hurt-locker

4. An EOD bot backpack that can assemble or spawn a bot on the spot / load an EOD onto a vehicle

Detailed report on how our mission went:

We had 6 players and 1 ZEUS. The ZEUS (in this case me) created 2 IEDs an the objective to defuse them or remove them from the place (town) so there is no collateral damage. Obviously AAF rebels thought it was not cool for us to attempt to defuse their IEDs so after several gun fights, one player manages to pick up a bomb with the EOD bot (with bullets flying past it as it was in the crossfire) and then accidently bumps into a rock or some unveven terrain outside of town, detonating the IED and the bot along with it. Missing that second bot, a volunteer undressed completely and crawled up to the bomb, attempting a defuse. Despite warnings of a squad leader to stay in cover and in safe distance, most squad member were too curious and watched the situation from 30m distance. The disarm failed, the disarming player got smacked into a nearby building corner and the blast knocked 4 squad members out (farooq revive script).

Edited by alleycat

Thanks for report.

The Talon Lod issue is solved (it was an edit LOD that i forgot to set to edit :) ).

For the APOBS i'm still able to get in gunner. Can you give me some step to reproduce and tell me what mods was launched?

The EOD suit is planned but need a lot of weighting work.

The mini game is planned too but as i'm not a good scripter i can't do it by myself.

I tested again, dedicated server, and this time it worked. Last night it has not worked for any player. Perhaps some join in progress issue.

Weird cause that part is not script related so JIP issue shouldn't happen.

Sir, can you make a module which places ied randomly on the map.... like alive IED system.. I hate AI calling on cell phone because IED takes time to detonate, if we are in humvee ddriving at a speed of 80km, ieds not able to detonate on time...

Hi

I realy like this mod but i am not sure if it´s already possible or planend but can you do an option do abort the current action the player is currently doing? in case someone comes under fire and he still needs to finish the action it might become frustrating being stuck.

Thanks.

Edited by MAD T

Hey everyone!

I'm actually trying to make a random ied spawn module:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27355508705289310/E990BBFAC822EAFDEA8B5DDA3BE54A9071748057/ (102 kB)

What i plan for this module :

-Randomly spawn RCIED and Pressure plate ieds (when pressure plate function is gonna be ready)

-Customisable module (so you can choose the chances of little/medium/big Rcieds/Pressure plate ied)

-Randomly spawn Junk along the roadside

-Spawn and sync triggermans for the rcieds randomly spawned

Still a lot of work on it so don't expect a release before a bit of time and also because of my non existing scripting skills i may not be able to do all those feature, but i'll do my best :).

To interrupt your action just move and it will be interrupted ( don't do that while disarming trought, cause it can make the ied explode).

I will see how i can add something better (like an action to carrefully interupt disarm wich gonna take a few sec but allow you to not trigger the ied.)

This mod is just awesome. I love it so far and can't wait for the next Versions. Is it possible to add like a "EOD - suit " and a Husky (the military vehicle)?

Edit:

Keys are missing for taloon and 2 other files? I can't find them

Edited by Ludicrous

Yeah Bombsuit is planned but still need weighting work (we are making the MED-ENG EOD9 suit), the husky is also planned (thanks to stiltman and ExA for giving me the husky and RG31 models) But need a lot of interior and texture work.

The RG 31 just need a little bit of work on some scripts and little things(i already created a custom anim for the driver, a RT1523 rack with mounted sidehat(doesn't have the sidehat functionality yet trought) and some other little changes).

The cellphone error is know and we are trying to solve it (probably related to the ia detonation script).

For the keys here they are :EODS_0.0.5 Hotfix_Keys

Note: this archive file contain ONLY the keys.

Hey guys, great addon! We are using this for our realism unit, but when we load the addon on our dedicated server, we get an error about "Cannot open object" when we try to start a mission, not sure what it means. When we remove the APOBS.pbo out of our server addon pack and keep all the other content, it works fine. The IEDs, the bot and everything else works fine. Picture of the error below.

You can see the error at the bottom left hand corner.

6wjAmc8.jpg[/img]

might want to full scale the image to see it.

Do you have the latest version? Cause it's should be fixed. Here is the latest DL link :EODS_v005_Hotfixed

And here are the Keys: EODS_0.0.5 Hotfix_Keys

Sorry the first post is not updated cause Monovdd have created it and i'm actually maintaining it alone (well not totally alone , i will tell more about that soon).

If it's still happen with this version please report and i take a look at it :)

Do you have the latest version? Cause it's should be fixed. Here is the latest DL link :EODS_v005_Hotfixed

And here are the Keys: EODS_0.0.5 Hotfix_Keys

Sorry the first post is not updated cause Monovdd have created it and i'm actually maintaining it alone (well not totally alone , i will tell more about that soon).

If it's still happen with this version please report and i take a look at it :)

Ok thanks MrEwok. I will try this on our server. Also I got the update from PlayWithSix, is it not up to date on PWS?

I honestly don't know as i don't use PWS but that's a possibility. I will try to send them the new folders so they can update it.

@MrEwok

Hi,

we are using the EODS Mod on our server, but we have some problems with the server key. I tried many different versions, but no version is working.

Please update your Mod it would be great.

Thanks

+1 for the keys. Doesn't work on a dedicated pub server. Tried the main download keys and the link you provided a few posts up on my server and it still kicks it.

Great MOD though I cant wait for my guys to use it and look forward to future enhancements!!!:yay:

Looking forward for next updates, anyway shouldnt it be in 'COMPLETED' section?

Hey guys sorry for the lack of update and the broken keys, i'm pretty busy with other stuff but i'll take a look at the keys at my launchbreak (actually i have no idea on why they are broken).For update I may release the RG31 soon (i just have to do a few tweaks and rework some scripts to make it fully usable).

And as we have released an alpha you are right, i'll ask a moderator to move the thread when i get back home.