monovdd

[eods] explosive ordnance disposal suite

You're doing a great job with this mod man. The pack of smokes in the helmet is great lol

Haha this is a little mod i've done wich add a bunch of cigs, the cigpack helmet in ocp and ucp and even a cigar :) :

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/25097277574833604/F1D4A5A6904901DF1EF783708A8D9E464CCA695C/ (176 kB)

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/25097277484453579/44CBFDD90053E43D89846C8F5C9D20D9B359AD48/ (221 kB)

Obviously not designed for PVP :)

It's not included in the EODS but if people want i can release it (i may need to rework texture before public release cause actually it's the real trademark logo) .

It's not included in the EODS but if people want i can release it (i may need to rework texture before public release cause actually it's the real trademark logo) .

Ahah ! This cig addon is now absolutely necessary. Please release it ! :p

Hi ! I love this mod ! But I have a error popup with Mortar, GMG and HMG of BI : Cannot open object eods_apobs\apobs_a.p3d

Can you correct it please ? Thank you ! :)

Yep the static backpack issue is our fault sorry guys, it's already fixed and will be included in the next update.

So yeah it's gonna be fixed soon :)

will the EOD suit make a difference to amount of damaged caused.

Such as they will take less damage than someone in the regular combat uniform when they are the same distance away and if its possible can you make it that you move slower when wearing the uniform?

I am not sure if you have been doing any work on the suit at all, but a thought would be maybe check with Specter who already has a Bomb Suit made that works well (heavy in weight, decent protection which can be improved with body armor), but maybe (if your interested) he might allow for the bombsuit to be implemented into the pack)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27352

Also, will the backpack come in a variety of colors (tan, coyote, OD, black, etc)?

Keep up the great work.

Edited by MjolnirAnSionnach

Hey guys!

For AGM compatibility i will leave mono answer (as scripting stuff is his kingdom).

Yeah the Bombsuit is planned to protect you against explosion (not totally and depending of how close you are from the center of the explosion) and it's gonna be heavy weight (so you can run but not for long).

For the backpack i've actually done only OCP and ACU textures but i can make other versions :)

Oh also sorry for the delay of the update we still have some things to do but shouldn't be long now.

Cheers!

Hi Guys

are you going to be adding or thinking of adding a module that places IEDs randomly and if you are they should be pressure plate otherwise its pointless to have that module.

Edit: I forgot to ask will it have ALIVE compatibility as well? And when it says AGM compatibility does that mean you can use AGM's stuff to diffuse the IED's or they just wont clash and not work together?

Edited by Big_Al

What happened to the release you said you were gonna release last week?

Oh also sorry for the delay of the update we still have some things to do but shouldn't be long now.

See here^

i want to report an issue: the sound dissaper completely when i use robot / get in apobs

and on a side note: this mod does work with ALiVE!

Edited by n7snk

@n7snk:Are you sure the sound disapear and it's not just reduced?

Cause i've just tested and it work fine for me .

If the issue is really here can you tell us what mods was runing beside EODS so we can check it's not a conflict with another addon?

yeah, there seems to be a conflict, can't nail for sure yet, but it's not alive, will enable mods gradually into modset to figure out which one.

nevermind: i will provide server rpt

Edited by n7snk

From what i can tell

@task force radio - definitely not conflicting (i'm always using it and our mod is using some of TFAR features (jamming radios) when the thor is activated)

@rhs - i'm always using it and never get this bug so i don't think the issue come from here

@cba - definitely not conflicting (it's actually required for our mod)

@shack tactical mods - Not tested but i assume those are local and shouldn't affect sound (i can be wrong however)

@cse - not tested from my side (i personnaly don't use it but will take a look soon as possible)

@alive - not tested from my side (i personnaly don't use it but will take a look soon as possible)

Also the talon use some A3 sounds so maybe check your game cache but i don't think it come from here (if you have the sound when you are in the A3 UGV that mean everything is fine in here).

Ow one thing i've forgot to ask what is you're game version and are you running the dev version of A3 or the stable one?

weird.. i tested all my mod pack on stratis and there was no issues. however my previous test was on takistan AllInArma.

i will check again i guess...

strange. everything works as supposed to right now. nevermind my comments...

alive, cse, cba don't cause any issues.

it was happening constantly in SP mission test and was reproduceable. once i was getting into robot / apobs it made a flick sound and all arma sounds were disabled instantly, ( i was on ts3 talking to see if it's soundcard or just arma) untill i pressed esc several times, then it restored

no idea if this description may help..

Edited by n7snk

Weird... does the mission have custom script or stuff like that?

I'm gonna make more test, but actually i'm not able to reproduce the issue sorry.

If anyone encounter this or if you still having this issue please send me your .rpt it may help. ;)

Getting very large rpt file logs after a few minutes of using the EOD bot:

These get spammed a few thousand times, the rpt file is 3+ mb after a few minutes of play and the fps stutter.

10:39:49 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\int\int-m1treads-soft-01.wss'
10:39:52 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\ext\ext-m1idle-01.wss'
11:05:21 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\int\int-m1treads-hard-01.wss'
11:05:21 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\int\int-m1treads-hard-02.wss'
11:05:21 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\int\int-m1engine-04a.wss'
11:05:21 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\int\int-m1treads-hard-01.wss'

Also this line appears

10:52:10 [38865,807.641,287.929,"x\cba\addons\events\fnc_keyHandler.sqf:54","WARNING: Nil result from handler."]

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Just checked wether a mod migh be causing the issues:

So I ran it only with the most basic needed mods:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio;@eods;

However this is how the rpt looks 5 seconds into the mission (EOD test mission)

11:18:37 [13622,148.374,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.9.140907. MISSINIT: missionName=eods_example_mission_v2, worldName=Stratis, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
11:18:37 [13622,148.723,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_cache_disable.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
11:18:38 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal
11:18:38 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal
11:18:38 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow
11:18:45 Warning: Convex component representing Track_L not found
11:18:45 Warning: Convex component representing Track_R not found
11:18:45 Warning: Convex component representing Slide not found
11:18:45 TALON_MARKII: CommanderTurnOut - unknown animation source hatchCommander
11:18:45 Strange convex component145 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView
11:18:45 Strange convex component149 in a3\plants_f\tree\t_pinuss2s_b_f.p3d:geometryView
11:18:45 eods_apobs\apobs_open.p3d: No geometry and no visual shape
11:18:46 eods_talon\oldtalonarm_dt.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:18:46 eods_talon\new_talondtarm2.p3d: vehicle, config class missing
11:18:48 [13853,159.656,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
11:18:48 [13853,159.681,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.9.140907, "]
11:18:48 [13853,159.699,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=3, BIS_functions=L Modules:1, group=L Modules, player=B Alpha 2-3:1 (cat), _playerType="B_Soldier_F", _playerGroup=B Alpha 2-3"]
11:18:49 Fresnel k must be >0, given n=2.51,k=0
11:18:49 No owner
11:18:49 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\ext\ext-engine_on.wss'
11:18:49 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\int\int-m1treads-soft-01.wss'
11:18:49 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\int\int-m1treads-soft-01.wss'
11:18:49 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\ext\ext-m1treads-soft-01.wss'
11:18:49 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\ext\ext-m1treads-soft-01.wss'
11:18:50 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\int\int-m1treads-soft-01.wss'
11:18:50 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\ext\ext-m1treads-soft-01.wss'
11:18:50 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\ext\ext-m1treads-soft-01.wss'
11:18:50 Cannot load sound 'eods_abv\m1a2\sounds\vehicles\tracked\m1a1\int\int-m1treads-soft-01.wss'
11:18:51 No owner
11:18:52 No owner

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

http://s29.postimg.org/asuw9ki9j/eod.jpg (144 kB)

I was testing how effective the APOBS is, so I setup a mine field and launched. It only managed to detonate 2 mines along the path, which would not make a safe passage. Am I using it wrong? If this is still WIP, I would like to suggest:

1. Add some visual indicator of the path the APOBS burned through the field, so players who did not see the launch have a visual indication of where the path is.

2. Make it more effective at clearing mines

Some gameplay questions

1. What is the talon arm "weapon" for? It has 1000 ammo. Is that some placeholder thing or does it have to be fired to pick up things?

2. I picked up an IED shell and drove the bot down a slope, possibly hitting the ground in front of it with the IED and it exploded. Is it intended to detonate from unsafe handling like bumping into things or is there a random chance of it exploding while being moved?

3. If I do not place any editor modules, will placed IEDs (placed in ZEUS) be armed by default?

Suggestions

1. Add a different color and postprocessing to the TV camera on the EOD, would make the feel more immersive of driving an EOD bot around.

2. As mentioned, the APOBS should have a a clearer indication of the path it cleared.

3. Add more "unsafe" handling elements and randomization of unforeseen things to happen, so that even if a player does everything right while handling IEDS, things can still go wrong:

---> When driving the EOD bot with a bomb, fast driving + slopes should have a random % of detonating. I think this would intensify the immersion, ("CAREFUL, WATCH THAT PEBBLE!")

4. Add ZEUS modules with added functionality

---> ZEUS module that places an IED with options, like adding which AI can detonate it

So far, one of the coolest ARMA3 mods I have seen and it adds intense gameplay value in coops.

Thanks for reporting!

Well most of the RPT error should be fixed (i already have fixed it in the version i've sent to monovdd).

For the Apobs yeah we should probably rework it (but in the forthcoming version we use the rope so it already give you an idea of what is gonna be cleared).

The 1000ammo on the talon is effectively a placeholder so just don't worry about that :)

Yeah unsafe handling of the ied should detonate it (but from what i have experienced it's not 100% working)

No the Ied's are unarmed by default so if you just place the ied you have to arm it manually.

As all your suggestions are script related i'll leave mono answer (cause i suck at scripting) :)

Tanks again for support and report.

Note: I haven't got news from monovdd since more than 2 weeks so, as the final process before release is his part i can't tell when the update will be.

No the Ied's are unarmed by default so if you just place the ied you have to arm it manually.

Is there a script command that can be used to arm an IED? Then I can arm it in a running mission using the admin console.

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

EDIT: Just looked at the pbo and this script line looks like what I was looking for:

_x setVariable ["EODS_Ieds_STATUS_ARMADO", true, true];

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

Here is a script you can paste into your missions if you want to have all placed IEDs to be armed when placed by a zeus player.

Put this into your initplayerlocal.sqf or init.sqf:

bis_curator addEventHandler [
"CuratorObjectPlaced",
{
	if (_entity IsKindof "EODS_base_ied_cellphone") then
	{
		_entity setVariable ["EODS_Ieds_STATUS_ARMADO", true, true];
	};
}
];

I would like to suggest one more thing, can the damage for the larger IEDs be increased? Also blast radius, I have detonated a 152mm and soldiers that were 50m away did not get killed. Detonating it 20m next to them killed only 2 out of a group. I have no idea how deadly those things are in real life but seeing from liveleak or hurt locker, its basically the apocalypse for anything within 100m. And the guy in the beginning of hurt locker wearing the EOD suit still got dead while being visually far away from the explosion.

Edit : well seems you got it :)

Yeah there is issue with ai and our ied's and they are not diyng like they should (it work better on player) but yeah it's possible to raise it (i just need to find how cause we already us the bigger explosive from A3 and add shrapnel to it).

Edited by MrEwok

Found a bug:

When using the mortar fire support module in zeus there is a function error at the bottom of the screen with EODS loaded:

bis_fnc_moduleprojectile ---- ammo simulation 'shotbullet' is not supported