monovdd

[eods] explosive ordnance disposal suite

For some reason I cant do anything with the IED's execpt drop them on the floor. I tried the example mission and had the same problem not sure what's going wrong.

The only mods I have running is the EOD suite and CBA

Are you using the interaction Key? Remember that you need to use a key on your keyboard to interact with objects and IEDs. Look the Manual to know how to config the Key.

Are you using the interaction Key? Remember that you need to use a key on your keyboard to interact with objects and IEDs. Look the Manual to know how to config the Key.

Ahh yes that worked thanks, Was expecting it to be on the action menu though

Really cool mod. I use it the first time for one of my missions, but dont have a clue how to manage that i can transport the talon via an mrap or so.

Any ideas ?

To transport the talon you have to drive it near to a mrap and trought the action menu you should have the "load talon in vehicle" action (disconnect before loading, it can cause issues if not).

Note this is gonna be via the interaction key in a near future.

You should PM a mod to switch this thread to the COMPLETE section because it is currently avaible to download and workable.

@nitro : I think the answer is when it's done.

MrEwok thx for the info. Mayby a strange question, but how i can unload it again ? Its not in the inventory and not avaiable via action menu.

MrEwok thx for the info. Mayby a strange question, but how i can unload it again ? Its not in the inventory and not avaiable via action menu.

You should be able to scroll wheel while looking at the vehicle and it should say "Unload Talon".

In the future will we be able to place a module for random IEDs or will we always have to manually place and arm the IEDs?

In the future will we be able to place a module for random IEDs or will we always have to manually place and arm the IEDs?

Yep in the future this is going to be possible.

---------- Post added at 04:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 AM ----------

The next update will be the next week.

How about instead of a module you place down you can have it based of like a marker and inside the init you can put a range and the probability of IEDs showing up so you can set Red Zones and Green Zones on your map and not have to worry about a IED spawning in your Base. Just an Idea!!!

Yep in the future this is going to be possible.

Awesome can't wait for that update!! Nice work guys!!

Just a few pics of the WIP.

Here you have the Apobs with the new Arma 3 Wire.

d0yi0cn62r56ut2fg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/7629/d0yi0cn62r56ut2fg.jpg

And the RG 31 Nyala made by ExplosiveAids and Stiltman for Arma 2 given by them to us to bring this awsome vehicle and made it compatible with our EOD addon.

The main features of this Rg 31 are:

- Fire from vehicle.

- Working Gyro Cam

- Bommerang system.

- Rhino

- Functional towing script.

d3d8683c9vov08wfg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/53b9/d3d8683c9vov08wfg.jpg

Wait for this =D

Edited by monovdd

I wait for this ;).

Looks really cool and promising.

Any news on the EOD suit ?

Anonther question is it possible to set up an armed ied with motion sensors or something like that ?

When i sync the armed ied module with an ied(RCIED 152mm) nothing happens/change to an normal placed editor ied.

First of all, thanks for the great mod. It really improves my game experience!

I have some questions/troubles, however:

Firstly: How can I add an IED to the inventory of a vehicle or ammo box? The commands "addItemCargoGlobal" and "addWeaponCargoGlobal" don't seem to work.

Secondly: I would like to place an IED that is armed and buried and then later change the position of it (as if someone just placed it at a specific position, so its not there at mission start).

I tried the commands "setPos" and "setPosASL" in a trigger, but they don't seem to work. Is it possible to change the position afterwards or is it possible to spawn an armed and buried IED via script (and synch it to a unit to set the IED off?)

Thanks in advance and again I really like your work, keep it up!

Hi i have found a bug that only come up with the eods mod.

When you shoot with the M5 Sandstorm MLRS artillery you dont see the explosions and the impact of the rocket.

When its was already known sorry !

We are already working on pressure plate ieds but at this point we are focusing on the RG-31 and reworking some functions.

http://i.imgur.com/sVVn0Oi.png (254 kB) the textures and model of the pressure plate are very wip (i've done it while i was packing the RG's).

The eod suite still need some weighting work.

To add ied in vehicle use the additemcargoglobal command in the vehicle init like that : this additemcargoglobal ["EODS_inventario_ied_01",1];

Be sure to use the inventory item (EODS_inventario_ied_01 to 07), the second argument in the additem array is the count.

For your second question i will leave Monovdd answer you cause i suck at scripting :)

The explosion issue it's fixed wait for the next update or remove the apobs and talon pbo (the issue come from them) sorry for that guys my bad.

Edited by MrEwok

To add ied in vehicle use the additemcargoglobal command in the vehicle init like that : this additemcargoglobal ["EODS_inventario_ied_01",1];

Be sure to use the inventory item (EODS_inventario_ied_01 to 07), the second argument in the additem array is the count.

For your second question i will leave Monovdd answer you cause i suck at scripting :)

Thank you for your quick and helpful reply. I was using the wrong classname (I used the one of editorplaced IEDs).

will there be a module that will allow you to set the chance of doing a Manuel defuse successfully, as currently on a campaign where this mod would be ideal if we had a better chance at defusing the IED's because currently they go off more then they are disarmed. It is not always practical to take a talon with us because of the terrain we are on.

Is it possible to make an alternative ArmA III Hunter version named M-ATV, retextured in Tan/sand camo, with a modified config that gives him a proper MRAP armor value ? Taht will fill the gap between the RG31 that is a large transport MRAP and those EWK HMMWV frag6 that are not real MRAPs.

Don't make it for the armed version, if it takes too much time.

I thought about this, when we were playing with EODS and we didn't have a propoer MRAP for the EOD team wtih us. I think this can be an alternative.

Let me know what you think about this.

Hi people. I was on vacation, this week we're going to release our new version of the EODS.

Happy new year to all.

Happy new year everyone!

Here is a little teaser of some thing we are working on:

Here you can see some of our new ied's , one of our new backpack and some miscellaneous objects.

http://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27351263213786873/8AE9AAB7E085D8E7823E80C573D0440E319C5786/ (338 kB)

Here you can see the backpack better (i release the eod insignias if asked)

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27352704106492757/D24D618F56D84A1A3C4DAE7836C8E8B062D70AB8/ (326 kB)

Cheers!

Edited by MrEwok