monovdd

[eods] explosive ordnance disposal suite

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

** I have merged the keys and bisign file in our hosted archive. I refer to this "update" as 0.0.4.1 alpha to indicate a change to our visitors. I hope that is ok with you.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Image link seems broken, could you post it on another image host?

Pics should be ok now

Edited by MrEwok

Thanks Mate! We just need to tweak some parts and write the script for M58 line charge.

Yeah no problems for merging! Thanks a lot !

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 ----------

Quick teaser For the incoming M1 Assault Breacher Vehicle (ABV) :

http://i.imgur.com/MwOuzTv.jpg (543 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/XLuEw6Y.jpg (531 kB)

You guys should think about adding this http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/north_america/united_states/main_battle_tank/abv/abv_assault_breacher_vehicle_heavy_engineer_armoured_vehicle_tank_United_States_US_Army_american_front_side_view_001.jpg the thing on the front of it. Would be bad ass.

Looking really nice! but i don't think you should be putting the BI logo on that image, makes it seem like it's official BI content.

You have a good point im going to edit the image later =)

Continues to look badass. Going through a bunch of testing with it ourselves as we are planning to incorporate PMC Engineers into the unit in the near future. Keep up the great work

Myself and a group of people having been testing the mod heavily and out of the 8 IEDs we placed we weren't able to defuse any of them we tried it multiple ways and no luck. I get that the Talon should be the first thing you approach the bomb with but you should still be able to defuse if it comes down to it. Also does it have to do with the Unit Class I placed?

Edited by Nitro15

There is a new version of EODS.

All the changes of this version are related to the Talon Mark II. A few days ago i put a picture of our artwork of the Talon Mark II. In that image the talon had a nice 3d tracks, unfortunately the Arma 3 engine dont allow the use of a 3d tracks on a vehicle based in a tank like our Talon. To solve that problem we have created a new tracks with a new texture that combine with our other texture job on the Talon.

Here is a picture of the Talon

pp6wuswsy65g328fg.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f0f5/pp6wuswsy65g328fg.jpg

There is some work to do on the model especially on the shadow lod but we want to release a new version of the Talon with a better look =D.

And here is a new video showing the main features of the Talon.

I hope that you guys like it.

See the main post for the changelog and the download link.

Edited by monovdd

Thank you very much for the headsup about the new version :cool:

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account (MrEwok) on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note:

since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

And here is a new video showing the main features of the Talon.

I hope that you guys like it.

See the main post for the changelog and the download link.

448.jpg

Is it possible to give the Bot capabilities of Surveying the explosive?

Also my bot doesnt take damage from alot of the IEDs. But 20 Shots with my rifle blow it up.

Edited by Nitro15

Is it possible to give the Bot capabilities of Surveying the explosive?

Also my bot doesnt take damage from alot of the IEDs. But 20 Shots with my rifle blow it up.

Yeah we're aware about those issues that you're reporting. The manual defusing problem is going to be solved as soon as possible.

Hey Mono,

I think there might be an issue apobs and vanilla static weapons. With only CBA and EODs activated, trying to spawn characters with vanilla static weapon deployable backpacks (the gun part)I get the following:

Cannot open object eods_apobs\apobs_a.p3d

Also tried with a custom loadout (classnames like "B_HMG_01_weapon_F"). Same with all static weapon guns. The tripods seem to work fine.

Can anyone else test on their ends?

Yep the static backpack issue is our fault sorry guys, it's already fixed and will be included in the next update.

For some reason I cant do anything with the IED's execpt drop them on the floor. I tried the example mission and had the same problem not sure what's going wrong.

The only mods I have running is the EOD suite and CBA