monovdd

[eods] explosive ordnance disposal suite

My unit did two test scenarios with the mod for future opening of the first EOD squad here's the video if any of you wanna check it out to see some possible uses for it in arma in the future.

One thing I did have to say is we found defusing it by hand very unreliable due to the issue of the iced randomly going off even if you go through the proper procedure.

Thanks for this amazing mod. I have a question:

Is it possible to spawn these in via script during the mission? If so would anyone mind sharing a simple script that could take a marker as a parameter and create an IED in an random object at that marker's position. It would have to be MP compatible so if there's anything crucial locality-wise in the script, please add a note/comment to it.

It is important for me to not know where the IEDs are in a given mission. I already have a bunch of scripts in a framework that allow me to randomise almost anything. One of them finds roadside positions at random, which I would love to use as a way of defining IED positions and spawning them in (including duds) so that when I play I dont know ahead of time where I should be looking, and I get the same experience as the rest of the group during the mission.

As an alternative I suppose I could create a bunch of IEDs in the editor and move them at mission start. If I use setPos on the object that the IED is hidden in, will everything else move with the object or will I just end up with a dummy object and an invisible IED in the original position. (Any other suggestions as to how these can be randomized would also be welcome).

I am desperate to start making counter-insurgency missions with this mod so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

BirdFilm - have you tried the Random IED script from Brains200 ? it's pretty good, and I believe he had already offered to work with the EOD guys ? or at least to let them use his scripted explosions etc ?

Anyway worth checking it out...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170703-Randomly-generated-roadside-IEDs

have you tried the Random IED script from Brains200 ? it's pretty good, and I believe he had already offered to work with the EOD guys ? or at least to let them use his scripted explosions etc ?

@Serjames: Thankyou but yes, I currently use a heavily modified version of those scripts in EOD missions. I like it a lot: it also has great random road placement stuff (i got the idea for mine from Brains' script). This just seems more full-featured and immersive, and I'd love to get it to work with randomisation as I said..

Great mod!

However one small question, do you plan on having pressure plate IEDs as well? Seems like it is the only thing missing from this otherwise great mod, well that and the bombsuits, but just playing with the Talon is a lot of fun for now.

Is the Thor jammer supposed to say a sound of some sort when your in IED range, like in the CSE mod, or is it silent and just jams frequencies?

@Serjames: Thankyou but yes, I currently use a heavily modified version of those scripts in EOD missions. I like it a lot: it also has great random road placement stuff (i got the idea for mine from Brains' script). This just seems more full-featured and immersive, and I'd love to get it to work with randomisation as I said..

So why not just call their IED's with the script ? Surely it could be adapted to allow same functionality but with the random-ness of Brains200

Great mod!

Is the Thor jammer supposed to say a sound of some sort when your in IED range, like in the CSE mod, or is it silent and just jams frequencies?

The Thor jammer is not a IED detector. It is ment to block incoming signals from a Remote Controlled device. It is not ment to work 100% of the time. Also take not the cell phone that is sending the signal to the IED needs to be inside the range of the Thor antenna range.

My unit did two test scenarios with the mod for future opening of the first EOD squad here's the video if any of you wanna check it out to see some possible uses for it in arma in the future.

Hi thank you very much i really enjoy the video. The main thing with the hand diffusing is made it to be the last resource like in real life. The only situation when you would defuse an ied by hand is when you dont have the opportunity to move it to another location or detonate it in the current location is not and option. And also there are a possibility that the ied detonated even if you use the right procedure so everything is made it to recreate a real situation where your last choice could be go near to the ied.

Again thank you for use the mod and in the future this is going to grow and be more useful for communities like yours.

And also for the guys that are asking about pressure plate ieds and other kind of ieds, yes we have plans to recreate more than 30 ieds.

Thank you guys for the support and for the feedback.

Also a question with the diffusing system do you guys plan on making it more of a challenge and or mini game instead of clicking a couple buttons you actually are looking at a circuit board and or a bunch of wires and you have to select the right ones.

The Thor jammer is not a IED detector. It is ment to block incoming signals from a Remote Controlled device. It is not ment to work 100% of the time. Also take not the cell phone that is sending the signal to the IED needs to be inside the range of the Thor antenna range.

I am aware of how a Thor jammer works ;-)

I was just comparing it to the same jammer that CSE has introduced, which gives out a small beep when it catches a signal. Personally I like the version without sound better, as it makes for more realism.

---------- Post added at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

And also for the guys that are asking about pressure plate ieds and other kind of ieds, yes we have plans to recreate more than 30 ieds.

Best news all week!

Also a question with the diffusing system do you guys plan on making it more of a challenge and or mini game instead of clicking a couple buttons you actually are looking at a circuit board and or a bunch of wires and you have to select the right ones.

This is another thing that is in our plans. But like i said... there many things to do and we're a small team so the development is going to be slow. But you have my word that every feature asked for the community is going to be in the mod, so feel free to give us ideas.

Many thanks.

What are your guys plans with the Dogs. Like how are they gonna be used with the mods and Planned Feature with them?

What are your guys plans with the Dogs. Like how are they gonna be used with the mods and Planned Feature with them?

We're having some weird problems when we export the animation from 3ds max to Object Builder (Oxygen). This issue put the dog away of our principal objectives for this month, but the idea is to complete our work on the K9. The animation thing is always a problem in Arma but i hope to find a solution.

But anyway the idea is to have a realistic K9 unit that could find IEDs...it is going to have many functions...so that are the plans for the K9.

Something like this http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142217-Mvdd-EODmydog-Module

=D

Thanks for the interest. Keep it up.

On thing also you might want to keep in mind is that the THOR Jammer is not only Jamming the Incoming RC Signal but it is also jamming TFAR Radios which is a cool features, but in real life the THOR III was designed to not jam Crypted Radios like the 152 and the Much Larger radio. It does however in real life jam the much smaller crappier handheld radios like the rifleman radios.

Yeah we are thinking about it, we have choose to jam all radios in thor array so the player won't let it always "on", otherwise the chances to blow up are really weak. But in futur it may allow you to use some radios or partially jam some of them, we also think about an interface to set frequencies etc... (main problem is the lack of real informations, frequencies for example are classified).

Thor is also gonna have a custom crate :

2014-10-26_00005.jpg?_subject_uid=214870321&w=AACRHpgwxwT0V5cTRi-KK5GtSBEpRcDLt0CAnrAP9eBMUw

New crate for army assets (except Thor System) :

2014-10-26_00006.jpg?_subject_uid=214870321&w=AADcSl5gv7u4t9SIvzegwiYeRiKCksMNfOCjKsRnd0bhlw

The release date for MANW is here and we're proud to present our release version for this contest.

I want to give a special thanks to MrEwok, without him many things that today have EODS could not have been achieved.

This is not the final release of the addon, we're going to keep the development process and we hope to have many things in the future. Not every feature that we want to have for MANW can be done at this time, but im very happy with the results and the current situation of the addon.

Note: One of the big changes on this version is that you need a key on the keyboard in order to interact with objects and IEDS. Just go near the object or IED and point it (aim it), then use the Key assigned to interact with it.

See the main post for the changelog and the download link.

Thanks for informing us of the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

I do not understand why such a good mod like this does not have the option to randomly generate IEDs in all maps before loading or after the mission, it would stay fully implementing this great work ...I hope you take into account thanks

When do you guys plan on implementing the Bomb Suit? That will be a huge game changer!!!!

Well for Bomb suit we have to rework the whole model weighting (cause i definitelly sucks at weighting) so, i can't give you a precise date of implementation but we work on it ;)

When do you guys plan on implementing the Bomb Suit? That will be a huge game changer!!!!

In the mean time you could use this mod. :)