monovdd

[eods] explosive ordnance disposal suite

first i have to say, i absolutely love this mod! just awesome!

i found a few issues though, but maybe i am just doing something completly wrong.

surveying seems to be broken. in the sample mission i can survey the two ammo boxes just fine. when i try to survey the hunter or the garbage pile downhill i get the the hint "due to your movement the action has been canceled". i am very sure that i don't move and actually it also happens when surveying with the talon. also when i load the talon in the hunter and then survey the hunter, the talon cannot be unloaded anymore, the "unload talon" action is just not there anymore.

second issue is when i get into the apobs as gunner i get this message: "no entry bin\config.bin/RscInGameUI.'.

and i would also have 2 questions:

first, how do i actually use the apobs? i don't know how that thing works in reality, so i have absolutely no clue what i am supposed to be doing with it. i know, i can get in as a gunner and then turn it, and after i got out it automatically fires, but i don't know how to aim exactly and what to aim for.

second, is there a difference between the two thor backpacks, or is it just the texture?

thanks for this great mod again :) i know i will have a lot of fun with it

Edited by B.A.Verrecus

Thank you, now i can make my EOD mission :) Are you making a EOD Bomb Suit?

---------- Post added at 10:15 ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 ----------

is there a difference between the two thor backpacks, or is it just the texture?

The only difference is the texture, the real differences are in the antennas (see the info on the first page)

thanks, that was actually written in the pdf, so i was aware. just havin problems with english acronyms like ucp and ocp ;)

Yep we are doing the EOD9 suit :

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/28464218226214042/27BC95AB3917D3190D044DA907A2D862D65427C7/ (346 kB)

Ucp = Universal camouflage pattern.

Ocp = Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern.

For apobs it's a miclic manpack so mount it Get in gunner fire in the ied's direction and run to avoid the blast :)

Edited by MrEwok

Thanks for informing us of the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

thx for the explanation! i guess i just have to train to aim then.

but after seeing this video, i just have to ask: are there any plans to use the arma rope after the dlc release? i think that would be great, even if it's only for the looks :)

Ok so how do i get the dogs to work? I only get a no-texture model and a error that create task cannot be found...?

New update v.0.0.3 alpha available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@eods.png

Edited by Sonsalt6

@B.A.Verrecus : Yeah use the rope is planned :) .

@Tharos: We didn't add the K9 unit in this build.

Hi, I can't find the cellphone classname to add it to a player. Where can I find this? I've found all the IEDs and such in your documentation. Thank you!

It's awesome!

Sweet Thor and APOBS!

This will be even better with rope implementation!

Edited by Heavygunner

A quick teaser of the talon control station:

2014-10-18_00003.jpg?_subject_uid=214870321&w=AABECYiGM6vvVoIXtynPwYz2uNwm8ZFnoEwN_auPbdyz_Q

Edited by MrEwok

Thanks for the comments guys. There are some things that we know that are not working well, we hope to fix everything. Remember: this addon is here to stay in Arma 3 for a long time so no rush. I really hope that everybody could enjoy our work especially on the Talon and Thor III, develop those features was a pain in the ***...but everything is doing with love for the community.

In any case wait in this week for more WIP updates and maybe a quick fix.

=D

PD: Ewok is working in a real console for the Talon we want to forget the existence of that unrealistic Arma 3 UAV terminal...

Yeah it's actually have the tank sound i'm gonna fix that soon :)

I was wondering if you can make a chimical weapon with detonator, timer, and some gas (smoke) libereted when the timer is over/detonetor actived/etc... I don't know if it is possible in arma to make the gas hurt, and kill players also...

So, what do you think, is it possible ?

Do you guy plan one having the talon capable of being loaded into vehicles? A EOD team is being started up in a realism unit I am in and I'm trying to push for this mod to be added to our pack because of all the awesome stuff you guys are coming up with. Keep up the good work!!!

you already can! just drive to the vehicle with the talon and look at the vehicle from the talon view. you should get an action menu action to load it.

I have also had problems with the Talon not able to interact with the IEDs. It says "Action Canceled cause the bot is moving" which it is not also had a issues once I tried interacting with the bomb with the talon it wasnt letting me interacte with the bomb by hand.

Also will Trip wire and Pressure plate IED's be added in the future.

Edited by Nitro15

Is anyone else having the problem of IED's detonate more then they are disarmed whilst disarmig them. as I noticed after 2 actions the IED would detonate. is anyone else having this issues or have i set something up wrong somewhere?

I've run into a few instances were I'm disarming the power supply and/or the detonator and the ordnance detonates. I'm not sure if there is a set procedure for each explosive, a random sequence, or if this is a glitch.

I've also noticed that while using the robot to perform a "digging" interaction with a buried IED, it will not uncover the explosive. I can only dig up buried ordnance when on foot.

This is still a fantastic mod and I'm really excited to see how it develops! Great job so far guys!!!!!

Edited by Wetsuit06