monovdd

[eods] explosive ordnance disposal suite

What is EODS?

We’re glad to present the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Suit (EODS) this is an addon for Arma 3 that aims to improve the role of the combat engineer. This addon brings a new type of IEDs with many functions that are designed to extend the Arma 3 simulation.

Working Features:

• English/Spanish/French translation for every feature.
  • Functional RCIEDs (Radio Controlled Improvised Explosive Device).
  • Functional Cellphone to interact and detonate the RCIEDs.
  • Functional Editors modules to give to the IA the ability to detonate IEDs, to set a hidden/buried IED, and the possibility to create a Daisy Chain from the editor itself.
  • Functional UI to interact with the IEDs. The players can interact with the IEDs by many forms: arming the IEDs, burry the IEDs, defusing the IEDs and more.
  • Talon Mark II EOD Robot with animations and ied interactions.
  • THOR III Jammer with removable antenna.
  • APOBS system

Current Development Stage (October 27 of 2014):

The Metal detector, the ABV, the Buffalo and the Husky are coming. Stay tuned =D

The Team:

We’re a small team and because of that we don’t have the hands to do all we want, but in any case we manage our time to create this complex addon.

Changelog:

02 Nov 2014

- New texture and UV map for the Talon Mark II.

- New Rvmat for the Talon Mark II.

- New tracks for the Talon Mark II with new texture.

- New 3d details for the Talon Mark II.

27 Oct 2014

- New Key binding to interact with objects and IEDs

- Remove contextual action for interact and survey replaced for a key binding.

- Added Talon Mark II console.

- Fixed RSC error on APOBS.

- New shadow lod for Thor III.

- Added custom ammo boxes for EODS.

- Updated example mission.

- Fixed Lights of Talon Mark II.

- Fixed (partially) Talon Mark II turn issue.

- Reworked tracks for the Talon Mark II.

- Some code optimization.

- Texture changes on Talon Mark II and some IEDs.

17 Oct 2014

- Now EDOS requires CBA (Latest version)

- Added APOBS system in Beta stage.

- Added Thor III system in alpha stage.

- Added Talon system in alpha stage.

- 3 new RCIED added.

- Players can use IEDs Module has been removed, now the addon starts with the mission.

- Added Editor Module "IED hidden in Object".

- Added French Translation.

- Added 2 server side fuctions: Now when a player drops an inventory IED it is transformed in a real IED & The servers adds the survey/inspec option in different arma 3 objects to allow players to search for IEDs hidden inside those object.

- Added documentation: Manual and classlist in english.

- Fixed multiple explosion in Mp when IED is an Daisy Chain.

- Fixed jip and respawn issues.

- Fixed cellphone option when dont have the cellphone.

- Reworked code for cpu efficiency.

25 Sep 2014

- [bUG] Screen resolution (fixed)

Download

There is an example mission in the package of the mod

Current Version: 0.0.5 alpha

Requires CBA (Latest version)

Version Notes: We only add a portion of the addon in this release. The APOBS - Talon Mark II - Thor III systems are included in this version. This build its functional with MP & SP. Please report any Bug.

Remember to give us your support in MakeArmaNotWar

Talon Mark II Notes:

Disclaimer: We wanted to release the Talon knowing that it have some problems. But we want to show to the community this little drone to have some feedback. This the reason for having the Talon in ALPHA stage. In this version the Talon have a new textures. We're working on improving the shadow lod and the material of the model. Also the turn movement of the Talon have some problems and the arm is moving by an UAV IA, we're working in fix these problems. Finally the 3d model of the tracks that we show could not be implemented, the main reason is the Arma 3 engine. Instead of the 3d tracks we change to a new texture that looks well with the model.

The Talon have the ability for place satchels or detonation charges (remember to put a charge or satchel in the Talon inventory) and also the Talon can grab objects and IEDs with its pincers. To use it you must be in the blufor side and also you need to have a UAV Terminal (B_UavTermina) and have it connected to the drone. You have the possibility of occupy the Gunner position for arm utilization and the Driver to drive the Talon. Also you have a set of key bindings to Incline, extend, and retract the arm and for open and close the pincers (see the first part of the manual to change the Key bindigs for the Talon). For default the key bindigs are:

• Incline arm Forward: Delete key.
  • Incline arm Backward: Page down key.
  • Extend the arm: Page up key.
  • Retract the arm: End key.
  • Open Pincers: Home key.

Thor III Notes:

Disclaimer: The THOR III is in alpha stage because we're working in some kind of interface for it and some advance functions. For now its usage is pretty basic.

The THOR III is a man-portable, counter-radio-controlled improvised explosive device (IED) jammer. In our addon we have the different configuration of antennas for this device.

• With the Low Band Antenna the THOR III have 800 meters of effective range but low probability to Jam the RCIEDs.
  • With the Mid Band Antenna the THOR III have 600 meters of effective range but regular probability to Jam the RCIEDs.
  • With the Mid Band Antenna the THOR III have 200 meters of effective range but high probability to Jam the RCIEDs.

You could change the THOR III antenna if you have a Low, Mid, High Band Antenna in your inventory. Also there is the possibility to remove the antenna.

Edited by monovdd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very cool! You beat me to the Cell Phone thing. :p The Dog looks amazing.

Nice! Could you make the K9 parachutejump-compatible?

Yeah is in our plans. I forgot to mention that the k9 unit will have different types of vest that the player can put to it depending on the situation, so if the player is going to do a halo jump he must have the vest of the dog and he needs to put it before the jump.

Thank u guys for the sopport.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** Note: since this is a project on which more people are working we will contact you in the future to discuss how you want this to be setup on Armaholic.

Wow, looks nice. Would be really nice of you can sign this mod, we can only use signed mods (for security reasons)

Did anyone else see that logo for this mod on the ARMAHolic frontpage and think "is that a lightsaber!?" While I'm crushed to see that there is yet no ARMA Star Wars mod, I'm quite excited to see an in-depth dedicated EOD mod take shape. I'll be giving this one a test, for sure!

Hellos guys , In the first time , Very good jobs for your works :yay:

I have just one problem with the number of the ied , In your mission demo i d'ont receive the number of the ied ? I have the message But not the number .It' s normals ??

Thanks to everyone, especially to Foxhound and armaholic.

Hellos guys , In the first time , Very good jobs for your works :yay:

I have just one problem with the number of the ied , In your mission demo i d'ont receive the number of the ied ? I have the message But not the number .It' s normals ??

It's not normal at all. We tested the addon in different computers and we don't notice any problem. When you arm the IED in the left upper corner of the screen the Cellphone number must show up and then you can add the number to the cellphone and blow up the IED. Anyway i'm going to test if there's a problem with the pbo or something like that. In any case if you could make a screenshot i will appreciate that.

EDIT

I just tested all the addon and everything is fine...

Edited by monovdd

Thanks to everyone, especially to Foxhound and armaholic.

It's not normal at all. We tested the addon in different computers and we don't notice any problem. When you arm the IED in the left upper corner of the screen the Cellphone number must show up and then you can add the number to the cellphone and blow up the IED. Anyway i'm going to test if there's a problem with the pbo or something like that. In any case if you could make a screenshot i will appreciate that.

EDIT

I just tested all the addon and everything is fine...

Look in left i have the hint message but not the number :http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/39/1411578302-2014-09-24-00013.jpg (339 kB)

Ok i know what is. Its a screen resolution problem. The text is so big that it don't have enough space to get in the message box. what is you screen resolution? 1280 x 720?

Ok i know what is. Its a screen resolution problem. The text is so big that it don't have enough space to get in the message box. what is you screen resolution? 1280 x 720?

My Resolution is 1280X768 is not sufisante for see the number ?

My Resolution is 1280X768 is not sufisante for see the number ?

Ok i have tested with one other resolution it's ok i see the number thx and sorry bro . and i say again it's one very goods work .

The problem with screen resolution will be fixed today. I will update the addon this night. Thanks for the Feedback BlackSnakes20

Edited by monovdd

The problem with screen resolution will be fixed today. I will update the add on this night. Thanks for the Feedback BlackSnakes20

Np bro and good luck for the Make Arma Contest , i go voting for you tomorrow :bounce3: