m1lkm8n

JBAD Release Thread

8 hours ago, chops said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search the thread, but are RSO/Opteryx Middle Eastern buildings included in this? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Thanks!

There are quite a few of the opx buildings and objects in the pack. Yes. 

6 hours ago, sargken said:

Will this update also be added into CUP or will this remain standalone? 

jbad started long before CUP. While we did give most of the a2 buildings to CUP a while back to be integrated this will remain standalone as we have many of our own objects/sounds/configs in this mod for our own terrain Jalalabad as well as the soon to be released a3 Sangin. 

• Like 1

just a heads up another update was pushed out fixing a small issue that was affecting the release of a3 Sangin. So expect that soon!

• Like 3

Hey guys! 

Love the changes and the map of course!

My group used to play this map a lot, until around a year ago the AI started to see us and shoot us through walls. 

Is this issue been fixed in the latest update? didn't see any comment about it..

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, omri2050 said:

Hey guys! 

Love the changes and the map of course!

My group used to play this map a lot, until around a year ago the AI started to see us and shoot us through walls. 

Is this issue been fixed in the latest update? didn't see any comment about it..

Thanks in advance!

Omir can you post which object you are having this issue with so we can look into it. Thank you 

Yeah sure. I'll gather the info from my friends and send them to you. Do you prefer here or in some other way?

This is one example - we got shot by an AI's behind those walls
And you probably know that but a friend from my group suggested this - 

"I would get the dev branch diag binary and switch to Geometry or Fire geometry view"
"The best way to find it is to write an O2script file and check if any of the models is missing either of these LODs"

ZLBlx1R.png

Yeah sure. I'll gather the info from my friends and send them to you. Do you prefer here or in some other way?

This is one example - we got shot by an AI's behind those walls
And you probably know that but a friend from my group suggested this - 

"I would get the dev branch diag binary and switch to Geometry or Fire geometry view"
"The best way to find it is to write an O2script file and check if any of the models is missing either of these LODs"

ZLBlx1R.png

Perfect. I’ll take a look at the model tonight. Thanks for the info

1 hour ago, m1lkm8n said:

Perfect. I’ll take a look at the model tonight. Thanks for the info

Great!

My friends in the group couldn't remember exactly in which building exactly it accrued as they removed it a while ago after it happened several times in missions.

But we do love this map and will be very happy to get it back 

Thank you again!

Great!

My friends in the group couldn't remember exactly in which building exactly it accrued as they removed it a while ago after it happened several times in missions.

But we do love this map and will be very happy to get it back 

Thank you again!

So just to clarify the issue with one of our walls? Because i looked at the model and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong in the view geometry lod. I ask because you then said something about a building and that building in the picture is not one of Jbad's so it must be a custom building the map creators made. Also we are not involved with that terrain. We only created the Jbad mod which they use for most of their terrain assets. 

3 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

So just to clarify the issue with one of our walls? Because i looked at the model and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong in the view geometry lod. I ask because you then said something about a building and that building in the picture is not one of Jbad's so it must be a custom building the map creators made. Also we are not involved with that terrain. We only created the Jbad mod which they use for most of their terrain assets. 

not with just one. But I do need to gather more info about which assets as I mentioned it was a while ago.
I'll get back to you once my teammates will shed some more light on more assets they remember having this issue. 

Thanks again for the checking!

not with just one. But I do need to gather more info about which assets as I mentioned it was a while ago.
I'll get back to you once my teammates will shed some more light on more assets they remember having this issue. 

Thanks again for the checking!

no problem! Just let me know once you figure it out. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

no problem! Just let me know once you figure it out. 

Another example, inside the big building - 

I was not hit by the AI fire at me, but the bullets did follow my position although the AI was not supposed to know where I am
https://streamable.com/adyxt6

34 minutes ago, omri2050 said:

Another example, inside the big building - 

I was not hit by the AI fire at me, but the bullets did follow my position although the AI was not supposed to know where I am
https://streamable.com/adyxt6

Ok. Thanks for responding.  So that building is not part of the jbad mod. That is a custom building which I am assuming was created by the same guys who made that terrain. You would need to contact them in order for it to be fixed. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, m1lkm8n said:

Ok. Thanks for responding.  So that building is not part of the jbad mod. That is a custom building which I am assuming was created by the same guys who made that terrain. You would need to contact them in order for it to be fixed. 

Ok, got it

Thanks again! 

• Like 1

Hi I know there was issues with ai walking through the normal oa taki walls back in the day and i think at times i have seen ai come through gaps may be an option to widen the lods a touch. 

I just recently updated my JBAD and all of a sudden I can't open most buildings doors?? I used the older version from I think 2016 or 2017 for years with no trouble. Just tonight while updating I cannot now open most doors on Kunduz map (non CUP) and another Lyitum (sp) map.  Solutions? THANKS!

8 hours ago, tmp95 said:

I just recently updated my JBAD and all of a sudden I can't open most buildings doors?? I used the older version from I think 2016 or 2017 for years with no trouble. Just tonight while updating I cannot now open most doors on Kunduz map (non CUP) and another Lyitum (sp) map.  Solutions? THANKS!

probably need to update ur lythium mod. I haven’t receive any other issues of doors no longer working.  

2 hours ago, omri2050 said:

Hey man
I can take down a building with small arms....It is Lythium issue or maybe some bug in JBAD?

https://streamable.com/n8fmtk

That’s not a bug it’s a feature...for quick insertion. 😂

In all seriousness though it sounds like you may he running an older version of the mod. The newest release (should have) fixed all those issues.

8 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

That’s not a bug it’s a feature...for quick insertion. 😂

In all seriousness though it sounds like you may he running an older version of the mod. The newest release (should have) fixed all those issues.

:)
Didn't think of it this way...

But I'm up to date with the mod 
42JzRyk.png

🙂

42JzRyk.png

hmm. I’ll double check. But I was certain that issue was fixed. What other mods are you using?

🙂

42JzRyk.png

ok after some tests it looks like we fixed most of the buildings. The minarets and the mosques needs the values tweaked. Luckily it appears to only happen if you fully unload On the buildings. I’ll get the values tweaked for the next release. Thanks for the report!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, m1lkm8n said:

ok after some tests it looks like we fixed most of the buildings. The minarets and the mosques needs the values tweaked. Luckily it appears to only happen if you fully unload On the buildings. I’ll get the values tweaked for the next release. Thanks for the report!

Sorry for my late response, timezones :)

I used SMA weapons but also with RHS vehicle. For the building to be destroyed, I fired 3 full magazines on it with the M4, and 100 bullets with the M2 mounted on the Humvee

My group just LOVE this map and we are following the updates so we can quickly get it back to our modset :)
Waiting for the next update! Thank you for doing that and keeping this alive
Thanks again mate

• Like 1

New version out now! added a bunch of new buildings. Enjoy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

for the peeps looking on how to open and close the jbad bunker doors.... 

this animateSource ["Door_1",1]; closes door
this animateSource ["Door_1",0]; opens door