m1lkm8n

JBAD Release Thread

Updated mod v0.60.2517 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey M1lkm8n & Smokedog, you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!
Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.
To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1

Hi  M1lkm8n & Smokedog,

can You advice Play with six of your last update :

V.0.6.2817 -fixed Cannot create object with abstract type Land_jbad_Misc_Rubble (scope = private?)
Cannot create object with abstract type Land_jbad_Misc_Cable_Rugs1 (scope = private?)
Cannot create object with abstract type Land_jbad_Misc_Cable (scope = private?)
Cannot create object with abstract type Land_jbad_Misc_ConcBox (scope = private?)
Cannot create object with abstract type Land_jbad_Com_tower (scope = private?)
Cannot create object with abstract type Land_Jbad_most_stred30 (scope = private?)
Cannot create object with abstract type Land_jbad_market_stalls_01 (scope = private?)
-fixed the lights not working on the Jbad_most_stred30

So I can Update our Servers??

Thank You 

Bye

New update:

V.0.7.0917 -changed mem points locations for doors to make them more accessible
-fix shadow errors in a few models
-fixed lods in Jbad_Mil_Repair_center_big
-changed actionBegin and actionEnd in configs so AI will hopefully open doors better
-fixed streetlights - all should function as intended

As always if you enjoy the mod please consider donating :)

Paypal: sqlackie@yahoo.com

• Like 2

Cup already has all the original models

Hello guys, 

Sorry for my bad english i'm french.. So..

I have a problem with my mission and with Jbad.

I have create my mission and i have placed jbad building on it.  My mission is good when i test on local (multiplayer server).

But When i launch the mission in my dedicated server, i have several problem:

Logs File: 

https://hastebin.com/sogawinibu.scala

Script for turn on the serveur arma III:

http://puu.sh/wUNe6/c28b05fcd9.txt

I have same version of mod in my dedicated server and my computer.

Cordially,

Hello, sorry for the double post. We have found the solution. 

The server doesn't found the files because some buildings are present on CUP TP and Jbad.

So if we take the jbad building, the server crash. If we take the CUP Building, the server is ok.

Cordially,

• Like 1

Updated mod v0.70.917 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey M1lkm8n & Smokedog, you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!
Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.
To learn more, follow this guide.

@m1lkm8n - My group is wanting to use Lythium and notes this as a requirement.

However, I see in a few posts that the JBAD assets are included in CUP, is this correct?

Furthermore, will Lythium run with ONLY CUP?

Or do we need JBAD as well?

I ask because I'd rather not add on additional mods with duplicate content.

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned, but there seems to be something about jbad buildings that doesn't work well with ALiVE.

Diyala would never spawn units properly until they switched from jbad to CUP as a dependency.
Lythium has the same issue. It's one of the best maps for ARMA, but because it uses jbad the ALiVE spawns just never work correctly. There's a large amount of dead spots where the AI don't spawn, even after the indexing has been redone. As I say this was the exact issue the Diyala map had, but as soon as they switched to CUP it went away. 

Is there something different or unconventional about the configurations or something (I have no idea about how it works)  

Hopefully you have time to look into this as jbad building are great, and ALiVE is amazing for mission makers, would be awesome if they could finally work together 

If you can go to the jbad github posted in the main page and make a report I can look into it when I get a chance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is jbad still maintaining? Thanks

Also will there be terrain as stated during initial release back then?

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 4:51 AM, Bukain said:

Is jbad still maintaining? Thanks

Also will there be terrain as stated during initial release back then?

It’s going. 

Check out the new lighting config. 

• Like 8

Any news on the JBAD buildings working with ALiVE mod and unit placements?  The LYTHIUM Map struggles to populate and CQB units currently.  Also the DOORS remain closed when a teammate has opened them (look open for one player when closed for the other etc).

On 3/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, JD Wang said:

Not sure if it's ever been mentioned, but there seems to be something about jbad buildings that doesn't work well with ALiVE.

Diyala would never spawn units properly until they switched from jbad to CUP as a dependency.
Lythium has the same issue. It's one of the best maps for ARMA, but because it uses jbad the ALiVE spawns just never work correctly. There's a large amount of dead spots where the AI don't spawn, even after the indexing has been redone. As I say this was the exact issue the Diyala map had, but as soon as they switched to CUP it went away. 

Is there something different or unconventional about the configurations or something (I have no idea about how it works)  

Hopefully you have time to look into this as jbad building are great, and ALiVE is amazing for mission makers, would be awesome if they could finally work together 

46 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

The LYTHIUM Map struggles to populate and CQB units currently.

No it doesn't, the index was fixed months ago. It works great now.

59 minutes ago, JD Wang said:

No it doesn't, the index was fixed months ago. It works great now.

Thanx for the reply - 

I had a 50% probability of CQB units in a TAOR area and only two buildings managed to spawn a pair of units.  The TAOR area was 2500 x 2500 in a heavily populated area full of civ buildings.  CQB module was set to civilian building type.

I did NOT sync the ALiVE CQB module to the Mil Commander Module as I thought that was not needed - is this incorrect?

Any idea why the DOORS are not being synced from player to player in a MP setting on LYTHIUM?

Thanx

REAPER

2 hours ago, reaper lok said:

I did NOT sync the ALiVE CQB module to the Mil Commander Module as I thought that was not needed - is this incorrect?

If you're playing an insurgency then you should sync it to the commander module otherwise you don't have to (and don't really need it at all in most cases)
I also haven't noticed door animation sync issues. Not saying they don't happen but I've never really noticed it.

Also don't forget Lythium isn't purely JBAD buildings I don't think. Pretty sure there are some custom buildings made just for the map (although again I could be wrong)

• Like 1

Hi all Jbad objects will be releasing over the weekend with more additions thx M1lkman for all the hard graft.

Both myself and M1lk are now using ploppr to push on jbad so we are filling bad a lot faster now we have found plopper to use thanks guys great tool .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Hope all the issues with the building will be solved! One of the BEST maps for Arma 3

• Like 2

Just a head up we released an update to the Jbad mod to get everything ready for the stand alone release of SmokeDog's Sangin terrain. 

This update included a ton of new buildings, sounds and other fixes(most notably building damage values)

As always thanks for the support and please continue to post bugs to the github.

• Like 10

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search the thread, but are RSO/Opteryx Middle Eastern buildings included in this? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Thanks!

Will this update also be added into CUP or will this remain standalone?