Sign in to follow this  
Embrodak75

My Arma 2 operation arrowhead is not working

When I load up Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead it says this "No Entry 'C:Users/My Name/Documents/ArmA 2/ArmA2OA.cfg.3D_Performance'". When I load up Arma 2 i cant join multiplayer or play singleplayer. I have reinstalled it a thousand times and it still doesnt work. If anyone knows how to fix it or what this please tell me. I would be very grateful.

Edited by Embrodak75

ok some questions...

is it a disk version? or steam version?

is it patched to 1.62 or 1.63?

do you have arma 2 as well as arma 2 OA? is this steam or disk?

do you own any DLCs? is this steam or disk?

I have Arma 2, Arma 2 OA, the beta version, PMC, and british armed forces all steam version and its at 1.63. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask. I will check at least 3-4 times a week if not sorry if you waited for a reply.

ok try this

in steam right click on arma 2 and select [properties] then [set launch options] and make sure the box is empty

repeat for OA

[EXIT] steam

right click on steam and select [RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR]

now start up arma 2 (not OA)

go into SINGLE PLAYER, EDITOR, UTES MAP, then place a player unit on the map (double click) and hit PREVIEW

EXIT to desktop

Repeat for OA, with TAKISTAN MAP

Repeat for PMC

Repeat for BAF

Now open OA and check - you should see all your content icons in the bottom left of the menu window, and have all the islands in the editor (Utes, Chernarus, Takistan, Proving grounds, Zargabad, etc)

Finally install this (as it's bloody useful - the lite version of ACR, which a lot of people forget to do, and it helps you join servers like ours)

http://www.arma2.com/download/805

and run OA as a final seal of the deal...

once these steps are complete post up if you have any further problems.

you will probably have problems running mods for the first time til you've worked out how to do it

see section 9 of my clan FAQ on mod running if you need it

http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/index.php/16-ArmA-2/430-Official-Patches/Page-4.html#3959

gl

Thank you so much for the help. I forgot how fun Arma 2 OA can be online. I cant tell you how grateful I am. You were a real help.

Good thread. I will need it in a few months :)