Sign in to follow this  
SparkZ

Show time at start of the mission?

Like the title says, how can I show the time at the start of the mission?

Edited by SparkZ
Problems added

I've put that in the description.ext but it doesn't work. Do I have to put it elsewhere?

Another problem, I can't seem to start the mission with the player force crouched. Is there a way to do it too?

---------- Post added at 13:03 ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 ----------

Ok last problem, how can I force group members to stay at their spot and not get in formation all the time?

Questions:

1. How to force group members to stay at their spot? *SOLVED*

2. How to show mission time at the start of the mission?

3. How to show the player to be crouched at the start of the mission? *SOLVED*

Edited by SparkZ

Another problem, I can't seem to start the mission with the player force crouched. Is there a way to do it too?

Find the correct crouching animation in the animation viewer and use switchmove on the unit after mission start.

1. disableAI "move" would work but might be a bit drastic.

That should work but it's only for a while. After some talking to HQ they should go back to formation and go to the waypoints.

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

Find the correct crouching animation in the animation viewer and use switchmove on the unit after mission start.

Thanks, this worked :) still 2 more problems to solve xd

That should work but it's only for a while. After some talking to HQ they should go back to formation and go to the waypoints.

You can use enableAI "move" to allow them to move now.

You can use enableAI "move" to allow them to move now.

Oh didn't knew that. Pretty obvious that there's a enableAI code too, dumb me. xd Thanks, gonna try it tommorow.

You could also issue a "doStop this" command for each unit that should stay on individual positions, makes them break the formation.

As soon as you want them to move again just issue "this dofollow leader group this", should work.

Alright thanks, that solved it, appriciated! :) One more problem to solve and that's the time and date display when the mission starts.

Alright thanks, that solved it, appriciated! :) One more problem to solve and that's the time and date display when the mission starts.

Do you mean like in BI's official missions where it appears at the bottom right? I think you need Bis_fnc_typeText but I've never used it myself. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_typeText

Yes that's what I mean. I'll check the link.

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Is this link a script?

It's a BIS function, you use them in your code with either spawn or call, so for example:

_randomInt = [50,70] call BIS_fnc_randomInt;

for date and time.

_month = date select 1;  _day = date select 2;  _year = date select 0;  _date = format ["%1\%2\%3",_month,_day,_year];  [[format["Date: ","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.8' font='PuristaBold'"],[_date,"align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.8'","#FFCC00"],["","<br/>"],["Time: ","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.8'"],[[daytime,"HH:MM"] call bis_fnc_timetostring,"align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.9'"]],.23,1.3] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;  

fyi - i used (month\day\year) format

I'm sorry if I'm being a total noob but eeh...the code needs to be in a trigger?

Like in the On Act field of the trigger I should put:

_month = date select 1;  _day = date select 2;  _year = date select 0;  _date = format ["%1\%2\%3",_month,_day,_year];  [[format["Date: ","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.8' font='PuristaBold'"],[_date,"align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.8'","#FFCC00"],["","<br/>"],["Time: ","align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.8'"],[[daytime,"HH:MM"] call bis_fnc_timetostring,"align = 'center' shadow = '1' size = '0.9'"]],.23,1.3] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText2;

Or does it needs to be put somewhere else?

Also here's a way to monitor and display the date & time throughout your mission.

Copy and paste anywhere into your init.sqf

[] spawn {

private ["_year","_month","_day","_time"];

while {true} do {
	_year = date select 0;
	_month = date select 1;
	_day = date select 2;
	_time = [daytime,"HH:MM"] call BIS_fnc_TimeToString;
	hintSilent format ["Date: %1 / %2 / %3 \n Time: %4", _month, _day, _year, _time]; // I'd suggest creating your own display (HUD) to display this data rather than using hint. 
	sleep 60;
};
};

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

Here's a better way to monitor and display date & time.

HUD version:

Download

Anyhow, just bored and thought someone may find it useful.

Edited by Iceman77
  • Like 1

I'll take a look at it thanks :)

---------- Post added at 18:43 ---------- Previous post was at 18:40 ----------

Oh I see, it's nice but I actually ment just at the start of the mission the date and time is "typed" at the lower left corner of the screen and then fades away.

... I actually ment just at the start of the mission the date and time is "typed" at the lower left corner of the screen and then fades away.

Yup. I was just adding additional info. Hence the 'Also here's a way to...'