Sign in to follow this  
ange1u5

Youtube trailers... (copyright)

A quick question, is making a youtube video that does have a recognizable track as its music choice count when submitting an entry over copyright/licensing issues? The mission itself does not have any music or other third party audio/visual effects. Obviously I don't want to be disqualified for a youtube trailer!

Edited by ange1u5

Anyone from BI please care to answer this? I tried e-mailing the MANW support e-mail address and got no response from that either =/

Hi ange1u5, sorry for a delay in our reply. YouTube trailers are not considered as part of your submission and will not be evaluated as such. It's therefore your own responsibility to comply with copyright/trademarks law. Please do note that using copyrighted materials within your entry itself may result in a disqualification.

What if you embedded a video as part of your mission (link to YT via steam browser) - is it still not part of the submission?

;2791052']What if you embedded a video as part of your mission (link to YT via steam browser) - is it still not part of the submission?

Hi .kju, anything that's considered as a part of the mission/experience in-game (even though users would open it in another program) needs to adhere to the copyrights/trademark guidelines.

Great, thanks Korneel :)

Bottom line then, I can add the youtube trailer to my MANW page (in the optional bit in edit entries page) and it'll be ok as the music itself is not used in the mission (sadly).

Edited by ange1u5

Hi .kju, anything that's considered as a part of the mission/experience in-game (even though users would open it in another program) needs to adhere to the copyrights/trademark guidelines.

What about the if you used artwork for the Entry Front page to fit inside the 300px by 1200px template? Is this permermitted if it came from a copyrited source?

I do not want to get disqualified!

What about the if you used artwork for the Entry Front page to fit inside the 300px by 1200px template? Is this permermitted if it came from a copyrited source?

I do not want to get disqualified!

If this artwork doesn't appear in-game, you'll most likely won't get disqualified. However, I still do not recommend using copyrighted artwork - plus remember that the name of your entry also shouldn't interfere with someone else's trademark.

If this artwork doesn't appear in-game, you'll most likely won't get disqualified. However, I still do not recommend using copyrighted artwork - plus remember that the name of your entry also shouldn't interfere with someone else's trademark.

My entry name is called " The New Outfit for Arma 3" how can I check with BI that it does not interefere with the old XBOX360 game from Relic Entertainment called "The Outfit". There was also an movie in the 1970s named with the same title.

My entry name is called " The New Outfit for Arma 3" how can I check with BI that it does not interefere with the old XBOX360 game from Relic Entertainment called "The Outfit". There was also an movie in the 1970s named with the same title.

Hi BEAKSBY, I'm afraid we don't provide direct legal support to contestants, so it will ultimately be your responsibility to make sure this doesn't conflict with any existing trademarks. In your specific case. however, I think 'The New Outfit for Arma 3' should be okay (but probably not if you'd use the same logo or other stylistic elements). Also, I would for instance not call it a remake in the description, but rather 'inspired by THE OUTFIT, the classic game developed by Relic Entertainment etc'. However, these are all things that shouldn't get you disqualified, if all the in-game content adheres to trademark and copyright law.

Hi BEAKSBY, I'm afraid we don't provide direct legal support to contestants, so it will ultimately be your responsibility to make sure this doesn't conflict with any existing trademarks. In your specific case. however, I think 'The New Outfit for Arma 3' should be okay (but probably not if you'd use the same logo or other stylistic elements). Also, I would for instance not call it a remake in the description, but rather 'inspired by THE OUTFIT, the classic game developed by Relic Entertainment etc'. However, these are all things that shouldn't get you disqualified, if all the in-game content adheres to trademark and copyright law.

Ok, thanks for the advice and great on-going support.

Sign in to follow this