Sign in to follow this  
deltagamer

Rope Feature Discussion/Feedback (dev branch)

it should be an option when you sit in a vehicle. Because autobreaking is annoying if you want to roll slowly, because it engages far too early (atm its 10kph most of the time).

I would rather suggest a script command for break management. Disable the break when the rope is connected and enable it when it is disconnected. I pull my vehicle handbrake every time when i get out of the vehicle. It's automatic as it should be in the game too.

Agree. But would be nice to have a menu option like lights on/off to override it.

Agree. But would be nice to have a menu option like lights on/off to override it.

58714592.jpg

It would be nice to have the option in the vehicle to have breaks on or off. Having the Break off when a rope is attached may be another good solution. But both, is good in any case.

On another note, it would not be hard to have a working tow truck with the addition.

Simply give the truck it's own feature using ropeX. There should be a section behind the truck that detects objects that can be towed. This can then go two ways, one being that unless an towable vehicle is locked, it can be towed. When the rope attaches than the brakes are off until someone good in and locks the brakes. =D

---------- Post added at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

Edit Part 2: Obviously when an objec can be towed it lowers the rope from the top of the crane there, just like the heli, but when it connects to a given vehicle, it connects to the bottom front, lifting the first two wheels off the ground, thus providing a smooth pivot, along with the wheels actually not being locked.