Sign in to follow this  
deltagamer

Rope Feature Discussion/Feedback (dev branch)

Can somebody confirm if a rope endpoint mem point can be animated through cfgmodel

Yes, you can I have attached a rope to a hand of a person using the selection name and you can have it animated/ moved. However if you want the rope to stay attached whilst its moving you need to use an eventhandler to reattach the rope at the new position of the men point. The animation end event handler does this nicely.

the propblem with the rope is that it is elastic to make it more doable for the slingloading.this rop can not be used properly for rappling/fastroping and towing because of that. unless bis make's a rope that is static instead of elastic it should work. you can btw put miltiple ropes from your car to the other (you can also tow multiple vehicle's ^.^)

but the effects are the same.

Is anyone working on a fastrope script/mod that works with the new rope? I was looking into it but right now its a bit difficult. Maybe if there were some changes we could have it working, possibly different types of rope because as mentioned above by KBBW123 it is a bit elastic which is fine for sling loading.

will there be a hoist / winch version for humans like SAR helicopters have next to the door like is modeled on a few ?

and or is it possible to mod that ?

@Delta Gamer - I'm looking into now, going to pull apart the TOH way of doing it.

@Suiside - I already have tested a SPIE Rig which could be changed into SAR functions.

I'm going to be playing with the ropes today I'll stream it if anyone wants to take a look. My twitch is here.

@Delta Gamer - I'm looking into now, going to pull apart the TOH way of doing it.

@Suiside - I already have tested a SPIE Rig which could be changed into SAR functions.

I'm going to be playing with the ropes today I'll stream it if anyone wants to take a look. My twitch is here.

Don't forget to record for YouTube as well. Hehe, this is gaming history being made. Or well, Im working on something so I'll check out the stream when I'm done.

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

will there be a hoist / winch version for humans like SAR helicopters have next to the door like is modeled on a few ?

and or is it possible to mod that ?

If what you mean is attach the rope to that part of the helicopter that is modeled for the rope? For example on the side of the Orca just above the door? Or the Mohawk around the same place? If so than yes.

Haha maybe when there is something worth putting up... I'm stopping for now until I finish DL'ing TOH.

@ Pickle - no not unless someone is in the towed vehicle. Towing works fine for Coop. Guy in each vehicle. If there are no front wheels due to damage then you can tow fine. If front wheels work then just turn on engine and steer - just like real life (except with engine on)

Can somebody with good scripting knowlage try to attach like 3-4 soldiers on ropes and sling them?

I tried it. Really glitchy looking in single player. They are stuck in the falling animation (not to be confused with the Sky Diving animation)

Ok, so I thought up this idea that could work legitimately with either flatbed vehicles, or Cargo Helicopters/Aircraft like the Chinook, or Osprey, or C-192.

You take something like the UGV and drive it inside or on the flatbed. Much like when the helicopter detects when it's able to sling an object, it has a detector when a vehicle or object is in the right place inside or on the flatbed.

Now, the driver/pilot gets an option to "Tie Down" or "Tie", and what happens is 4 ropes connect to the vehicle and the Cargo vehicle. The rope is short. Probably one foot, or less to keep it in place tight during movement. Now, you have a vehicle tied down to the Cargo/transport, and it can be carried on the back of a flatbed, or Internally.

Thoughts?

It would probably still need to use an attach-to type of script. The reason I say that is because if the vehicle that is tied down and not attached to the helicopter via attach-to then it would still have physx and I'm sure the helicopters would blow up due to contact of the two objects.

It would probably still need to use an attach-to type of script. The reason I say that is because if the vehicle that is tied down and not attached to the helicopter via attach-to then it would still have physx and I'm sure the helicopters would blow up due to contact of the two objects.

Maybe your right, but I guess that there's one way to find out. I'll see of o have time later to get a mod with an enter able heli and test out the theory.

Is there any information about rope implementation for mods? An example would be if I wanted to make a fast roping or rappelling mod and I had something setup like "simulation = RopeX" for the rope, does the model inherit the rope properties like the sling rope? As I was hoping the rope would have the ability to drop down from an aircraft and then fast rope down.

Is there any information about rope implementation for mods? An example would be if I wanted to make a fast roping or rappelling mod and I had something setup like "simulation = RopeX" for the rope, does the model inherit the rope properties like the sling rope? As I was hoping the rope would have the ability to drop down from an aircraft and then fast rope down.

Second that - would really like some more documentation for these dev branch features. Would enable us to test them more and give more accurate feedback on the features.

Second that - would really like some more documentation for these dev branch features. Would enable us to test them more and give more accurate feedback on the features.

There was someone who made a simple script where he had throwable rope, like a grenade selectable item. That would be one way of using the ropes for repelling, throwing it down a building/cliff. Other than that, for the heli, maybe a refined script where the rope spawns in a spiral and than unravels as it falls down with physX, and a script having he soldier attaché to the ripe with the appropriate animation, and is removed from the rope ounce ground contact is made.

There was someone who made a simple script where he had throwable rope, like a grenade selectable item. That would be one way of using the ropes for repelling, throwing it down a building/cliff. Other than that, for the heli, maybe a refined script where the rope spawns in a spiral and than unravels as it falls down with physX, and a script having he soldier attaché to the ripe with the appropriate animation, and is removed from the rope ounce ground contact is made.

Yea that sounds good - although for what I'm doing currently I'm having trouble even making the rope spawn folded up - it always spawns fully unfolded an will not drop down from the side of the helo.

Yea that sounds good - although for what I'm doing currently I'm having trouble even making the rope spawn folded up - it always spawns fully unfolded an will not drop down from the side of the helo.

Try seeing if the rope has any star/end points defined. If I remember, when the throwable rope was thrown, it unraveled, meaning that it spawned the end of the rope in hand when thrown, it zig zagged, and the start of the rope was at the player's feet. I'm not much of anything wen it comes to scripts, you'd have to ask the DEV's, or a modder about finding a way to do that part. Hehe.

@DarkSideSixOfficial Could you give us a link to what you are talking about? Sounds interesting and it might help with understanding how to setup the rope.

@DarkSideSixOfficial Could you give us a link to what you are talking about? Sounds interesting and it might help with understanding how to setup the rope.

Found it. =D

It's a fired EH which triggers the rope to be attached to the projectile (chemlight or similar)

Has anyone figured out how to create a rope with just one end attached? Just dangling from a chopper?

edit. nevermind. It was very simple: create a rope with only 1 object attached and length (Rope = ropeCreate [vehicle, [0,0,-1], 10];) :D

I think the fast roping should be rather easy to script. This is what I have so far: http://gfycat.com/CalculatingDistinctEagle :)

Edited by Greenfist

I'm not sure how you would simulate rope physics for a rope model, I was thinking something like "simulation =ropeX" but I haven't had the chance to try that out yet and there isn't much documentation on how to create rope. Perhaps a dev could comment on this and guide us on the subject.

Has anyone figured out how to create a rope with just one end attached? Just dangling from a chopper?

I think the fast roping should be rather easy to script. This is what I have so far: http://gfycat.com/CalculatingDistinctEagle :)

Like this?

6jqT4Jz.jpg

rope1 = ropeCreate [heli, [0,0,0], 30]

edit: Damn, took me too long to stage the pic and I should've refreshed the page ;D