Sign in to follow this  
deltagamer

[WIP] CH-46 SeaKnight

@JdB I had no idea it was a rip from COD 4. I downloaded the model off of a 3d modelling website and it is possible that the model was referenced with the one in cod4 it may also look like the author ripped the textures as well however I'm unsure. If you would like a link to the website for more info etc then pm me.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

I'm pretty sure it is a rip after looking at those pics, I was more worried about getting problems from the uploader however I think this is more serious.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

I'm not going to stop this project however I will be starting again from the beginning not using any copyrighted material. Its a little disappointing but I have to respect the fact that I cannot use this model. It will take much longer but I should have something that will be good some time in the future. I will post evidence of the project being mine so that I don't run into any problems. Sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused. I will also remove the images on this thread as that model and the work done is no longer relevant.

Edited by deltagamer

Oh fuck, that really sucks.

Hopefully you at least learned more about how to do this and how to represent the heli and etc

Like at least I hope it helped even if you have to not use the model

@MikeTim I should be fine making the model from scratch I have a lot of good references, I have to be a bit more careful when using 3D models in the future.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:03 ----------

@lucapec Thanks, I'll give him a message and see if thats ok. It could save me a lot of time :)

Yeah good to hear it won't be an overload of work, I still look forward to flying one of these in game.

Firing from vehicles has been confirmed as coming soon, this would be a good "test bed" for that, you could even make a working ramp version where someone can fire off the back with their gun.

@MikeTim I had the other model almost working, but I have to start all over again so it might be some time before I get to that stage.

@JdB I had no idea it was a rip from COD 4. I downloaded the model off of a 3d modelling website and it is possible that the model was referenced with the one in cod4 it may also look like the author ripped the textures as well however I'm unsure. If you would like a link to the website for more info etc then pm me.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

I'm pretty sure it is a rip after looking at those pics, I was more worried about getting problems from the uploader however I think this is more serious.

---------- Post added at 18:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

I'm not going to stop this project however I will be starting again from the beginning not using any copyrighted material. Its a little disappointing but I have to respect the fact that I cannot use this model. It will take much longer but I should have something that will be good some time in the future. I will post evidence of the project being mine so that I don't run into any problems. Sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused. I will also remove the images on this thread as that model and the work done is no longer relevant.

Nice positive attitude. A word of advice though: do not use free 3d models from so called 3d modelling websites. If you really want, you can buy one off turbosquid, but most if not all free 3d models are ripped from different games.

Case of point: it is safer to create your own. Yes the word is 3 times harder, but at least you got the satisfaction of owning it. That being said, you can at least use that model (not that is the most accurate one out there, but well..), as a 3d referance.

@gatordev Navy and Marine Corps use the same weapon designations so yeah its still the GAU-21 for us too. Also, kinda off subject but whats the name of the Mount used on the MH-60S to mount a 50 in the cargo area?

I just wasn't sure if the -46 used a -16 or a -21. It makes sense they would use the newer one, but you never know. One version of the Navy -60 still uses the -16, but everyone else uses the -21 now.

I have no idea bout the mount on a Sierra. I'm guessing it's the same as in the Romeo, and it's a floor plate with a pindle on it, but I don't know the nomenclature off the top of my head.

@Odie0351 Thanks that's very useful :)

Just a quick question for anyone out there, is the collective lever adjustable for what side its on because I have seen some levers on the left side and some on the right side, I don't know what models they were but I just wanted to see if there are any experts that can tell me more about it.

The collective is always on the left. If you see something on the right (in real life pictures), it's possible it might be a FLIR HCU.

Good luck with a new/redo of the model. It seems getting a -46 into a BIS game is always cursed.

I just wasn't sure if the -46 used a -16 or a -21. It makes sense they would use the newer one, but you never know. One version of the Navy -60 still uses the -16, but everyone else uses the -21 now.

I have no idea bout the mount on a Sierra. I'm guessing it's the same as in the Romeo, and it's a floor plate with a pindle on it, but I don't know the nomenclature off the top of my head.

Honestly don't know if the 46 ever used the GAU-21 either, if it requires any modifications to the aircraft then I would guess not, being as the Phrog was on its way out the door around the same time the 21 one was coming in. As for the mount, I was just curious, saw our MH-60's with them and it looked cool AF. If anybody ever goes for an MH-60S addon it'd make for a sweet little extra gunner position on a attack version.

Requesting the thread to be closed:

I will still be working on the mod however from all the previous posts it may be a little misleading. I will create a new thread once I have something to show off. If you would still like to discuss the mod and have any questions/suggestions then head over to the Armaholic CH46 Thread.

Best of luck with your project deltagamer! Glad to hear you're not giving up! Keep on rocking... :)